Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Changing Hero's Current Experience...
icon5.gif  Changing Hero's Current Experience... [message #37431] Wed, 30 January 2008 05:31 Go to next message
Nefaxo is currently offline  Nefaxo
Is there a way to change the hero's current experience?

The reason I ask is because I'd like to start my hero off at 0 for all experience the first time the hero graduates.

I'm not too new at modding but I'm new to modding Fable and was looking at all the experience locations in Fable Explorer
but unable to find anything that might resemble current experience totals.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

"Hope is...comforting. It allows us to accept fate however tragic it might be..."

[Updated on: Wed, 30 January 2008 05:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Changing Hero's Current Experience... [message #37432 is a reply to message #37431] Wed, 30 January 2008 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
That sounds like something you'd have to dig in Fable's memory for.
I'm not sure if the trainer works the same way, but you may be able to use the trainer to pinpoint the addresses these values are stored in.
Re: Changing Hero's Current Experience... [message #37437 is a reply to message #37432] Wed, 30 January 2008 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply.
Ok so I'm guessing it's either a value somewhere shown in FE or like you said, the memory.
Is there a discussion on here somewhere about memory browsing?

"Hope is...comforting. It allows us to accept fate however tragic it might be..."

[Updated on: Wed, 30 January 2008 07:25]

Re: Changing Hero's Current Experience... [message #37438 is a reply to message #37437] Wed, 30 January 2008 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
There will be soon, it will be in this thread.[/joke]

The other way is to change the game save, but I haven't swam in that pool yet.

It should be simple enough, grab Cheat Engine or something of the sort and go play around with it while messing with your experience.
Like, do an initial search, go back to Fable and spend/gain some experience, go back and search for values that got lower/higher, repeat. Eventually you should end up with a practically-sized list of addresses to check. One at a time, set them to 0 and see if it has any effect on the game. You're looking for 4 addresses, though probably 16 are going to take some effect, you only want to ones that change the value to 0.

As for FE, it doesn't extend to gamesaves or the exe.
However, you could set it so you don't get general experience from anything (quests, creatures or otherwise), you could make it so that if you strike someone/hit someone with a bow/will someone you don't get experience from that, you could also set it so that items like food/potions don't give experience, but then you have this problem of not being able to get experience, and the fact that you'd have to start from the very beginning to do this.

So while it is possible to get such a result using FE, it's not a practical plan.

Please note:
This is not my forte, and I may be wrong about this.
Silverback would have a much better idea about this, and I think morerunes has investigated such things as well, so if either of them could back me or correct me it'd be appreciated.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 January 2008 10:45]

Re: Changing Hero's Current Experience... [message #37441 is a reply to message #37438] Wed, 30 January 2008 12:37 Go to previous message
One other possibility is to prevent the hero from gaining experience in childhood and teenage years
though that could prove just as daunting a task to find the variables for. Rolling Eyes

Previous Topic: need help with aura
Next Topic: Dripping Blood
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:43:05 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01854 seconds