Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » can someone help me im new to this place
can someone help me im new to this place [message #37442] Wed, 30 January 2008 12:40 Go to next message
tatsku7 is currently offline  tatsku7
can someone help me im new to this place and i was wondering is something wrong with the fable explore thing? i tried runnning it and it brings up the thing that says fable explore make your own destiny then it wont let me do anyhting after that so any help that someone coudl give me would be apperciated
Re: can someone help me im new to this place [message #37444 is a reply to message #37442] Wed, 30 January 2008 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master_Bankai is currently offline  Master_Bankai
alright. the fable explorer splash screen may be covering up and error message from your comp. telling you whats the sitch, give me a couple of hours, and i'll do some digging and get beack to you.

~~Edit~~

alright mate, go to http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=37373& amp;&srch=FE+problem#msg_37373

should seriously help out. If not post the issue, but next time try the search tool. This thread was the first when i searched fo "FE error". Look then ask. If you tell you looked, we wont get mad at you. lol Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 30 January 2008 13:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: can someone help me im new to this place [message #37448 is a reply to message #37442] Wed, 30 January 2008 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
*** Moved ***

Posting in the right section would be nice too, as would not cross posting.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 January 2008 15:47]

Re: can someone help me im new to this place [message #37461 is a reply to message #37444] Thu, 31 January 2008 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the help and i didnt get the part with the (VISTA) one
Re: can someone help me im new to this place [message #37462 is a reply to message #37461] Thu, 31 January 2008 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The reason for the Vista/bloody pulp bit is that most people who experience problems with FE while running on a Vista OS are having these problems only because they haven't bothered to try something so obvious that not doing so warrants a severe beating.

[Updated on: Thu, 31 January 2008 05:19]

Re: can someone help me im new to this place [message #37463 is a reply to message #37462] Thu, 31 January 2008 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well would you mind pointing out what i should do?
Re: can someone help me im new to this place [message #37464 is a reply to message #37463] Thu, 31 January 2008 08:08 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
If you are running Vista I will be very disappointed in you, for not having mentioned the word Vista, for not having searched, for not having carefully read my post that you were given a link to, and for not trying something so obvious that not doing so warrants a severe beating.
JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 31 January 2008 07:18

...most people who experience problems with FE while running on a Vista OS are having these problems only because they haven't bothered to try something so obvious that not doing so warrants a severe beating.
JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 29 January 2008 06:50

Access denied (on Vista) can be solved by running the program with an administrative account, setting folder permissions to allow changes, changing your account status to administrative, or
installing the game outside of program files.
If you're on XP, I'm still disappointed in you for not having searched and for not having carefully read my post to which you were given a link.
JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 29 January 2008 06:50

Access denied (on XP) is almost always a sign of read-only files, in which case, make them not read-only (you shouldn't have made them read-only in the first place).

That other one (I forget what it says, but put simply the files can't be loaded) is a sign that the files are already being used somewhere else. This is caused by having multiple instances of FE or trying to run FE alongside Fable, AE or even FreeRoam should you have loaded the wad already. Problems like this with FreeRoam and AE are only possible if you haven't renamed, moved or deleted the wad file, so I'm guessing multiple instances of FE or FE + Fable.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 February 2008 19:46]

Previous Topic: Albion explorer problems...
Next Topic: Modding newb needs help with Albion Explorer...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:13:26 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01139 seconds