Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Killing and murdering?
Killing and murdering? [message #37526] Fri, 01 February 2008 21:33 Go to next message
leathaface is currently offline  leathaface
Hi all, i'm new to this game (and this forum).

Just yesterday, i completed my guild training, and i realised, before i get to hit anyone i want without anyone caring about me.
But after the training, i shot one guy with a crossbow and the cops are chasing me and they killed me! Then they kicked me out of the guild.. Laughing

So what i want to ask is..

1.if you're strong enough, can you kill ALL the guards in the town without consequences?

2. Are the fines automatic? Can i just kill the guard and not pay anything?

3. When i tried to enter the guild again, the guards killed me again..When will this effect last?

4. After my guild training, hero save option disappeared and was replaced by world save. Will it ever appear again?

Heheh thanks all for taking the time to read this. Very Happy

What other games are like fable/black&white? This open-ended 'be evil whenever you want' games are so fun! Twisted Evil
Re: Killing and murdering? [message #37527 is a reply to message #37526] Fri, 01 February 2008 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
derek39 is currently offline  derek39
ok here are my answers.

1.you can kill all the guards but it depends on what town your talking about bowerstone takes your weapons...so it would take a while unless you used the mod that allows you to have them there.

2.i was a bit confused about this but....if you kill a guard and leave the area and move back. they will know. but they dont carry over from town to town.

3.well. probably...not sure. why are their guards in the guild!? lol have you modded your game yet?

4. you dont need the hero save. world save will work the same. and you will restart in that area.

the only other games like this that i know of are......mmo's really. i think lionhead is the only ones with this type of game approach. im glad you enjoy fable. you just wait till fable 2 comes out. lol im sure it'll blow people away

EDIT:keep in mind if your not going to cheat then being evil is more expensive when you buy things....when your evil people wont like you and wont want to sell to you cheaply. being good lowers prices. then on the other hand.........being evil makes you look cool haha.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 February 2008 22:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Killing and murdering? [message #37537 is a reply to message #37526] Sat, 02 February 2008 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
To leathaface:

1. Depends on what you mean by without consequences. You'll still be an evil prick, and you will still have guards chasing you demanding fines. If you're strong/skilled enough you can continue slaughtering them anyway.

2. Fines are not automatic, you either have to be beaten into submission by the guards, in which case they take the fine money (or everything you have if you don't have enough) and kick you out, or they catch up to you, prompt you for the fine money, if you say yes then you pay.

3. They don't like you. You killed people. Either pay the fine or wait 8 minutes to go back. It's like a forgiveness period.

4. Hero save option is for quests, world save option is used for when you aren't in a quest. You can't save your progress in quests, so the Hero save just saves the hero's attributes. Loading the Hero save takes you back to right before the quest starts (this is where the Hero save exploit comes in). The World save saves the world, so to speak.

To derek39:

1. Mmm, this doesn't answer the question. Confused

2. Crimes are local, not global.

3. Mmm, the Guild is like any other village. They will have guards.

4. Well, close enough.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 February 2008 05:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Killing and murdering? [message #37548 is a reply to message #37526] Sat, 02 February 2008 10:22 Go to previous message
derek39 is currently offline  derek39
sry i was a little hazy on my answers but if you read what i said i did say crimes are local =]
Previous Topic: Is there some kind of Patch or anything?
Next Topic: please help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 01:21:05 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01454 seconds