Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » JohnDoe's Item Spawning Guides  () 2 Votes
JohnDoe's Item Spawning Guides [message #37587] Sun, 03 February 2008 03:07
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
.:: NOTES - DO READ

If you adamantly do not wish to use FreeRoam or can't use FreeRoam because you have an FE-compiled wad archive, you can import/export tngs using FE.

If you have successfully used the newer (zipped) version of AlbionExplorer or ChocolateBox, you may not need to do step 1 as these tools dump & rename the FinalAlbion.wad and edit the userst.ini.

If you're going to make one of those huge chests (there's no limit) I recommend you use this handy dandy tool to do it for you. It's easy to make mistakes, we all make them. This is just to help keep from making simple, yet hard to spot, mistakes.

For those who like text editing the TNGs, maybe I can turn you onto using the TNG Parser, a good tool to quickly navigate and edit the tng text.

.:: On to the guide

Prerequisites:
Eyes;
Brain;
The ability to read;
FreeRoam (link supplied); and
Text Editor.

List of decent text editors:

The easiest way to spawn chest is to use the FreeRoam App and edit the tng.
The other method is to extract the tng from the wad, make the edit, and import the tng back into the wad.
I'm going with the FreeRoam App, as it's faster and easier than the tng extract/import via FE method. This is all described in Step 1.
Step 2 involves, in detail, the actual tng editing that takes place using the text editor method.
Hijacking a chest is an easier, but limited, step 2.

Step 1
Step 2
Hijacking a chest
Non-chest spawning

I also have here a more in-depth look at item spawning. This is more advanced because it goes into great detail about CTCs, different types of scripts, etc. and such and so on. Read it if you want to learn more.
New Guide: JohnDoe's Item Spawning 101

[Updated on: Fri, 04 June 2010 04:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Time based Script (Using Statue Master)
Next Topic: TNG Editor's Set
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:29:38 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01145 seconds