Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Fable Expansions
Fable Expansions [message #37682] Tue, 05 February 2008 19:52 Go to next message
Ballad is currently offline  Ballad
lol.. i was just thinking about this, somthing that i havnt seen yet... i been looking through the posts and i see mostly huge changes to the game play itself, though theres alot of great additions to the game Smile but i have seen plenty of good things Smile

one of the things i liked was the bridge in Greatwood lake being rebuilt and leading to orchard farm Smile great mod, but it would be better as expanded content. a good example of how this could be done would be to have it lead to a new town/city area, specially since i even saw that mentioned Razz as far as making the game more challanging, you could add that in aswell.. i was thinking you could have a larger arena added, and give the choice to fight survival battles against hero's and bosses, or just regular waves of monsters like in the regular campaign Smile

if anyone wanted to add on a new region, it wouldnt be hard to make a cullis gate in that new town to reach it (or i assume it wouldnt be)

i'm basing all these idea's on the things i've already seen done here, so i know it can be done ^.^ and i'd really like to see better ways of improving content other than just removing features and items in order to make the game harder Razz thats like tieing a had behind your back to do the same things, when it would really be more fun to just do more things ^.^ and if anyone is willing to teach me a few things on here, i'd be more than happy to contribute better to this site and Fable mods in general ^.^
Re: Fable Expansions [message #37683 is a reply to message #37682] Tue, 05 February 2008 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Ballad wrote on Tue, 05 February 2008 21:52

i'm basing all these idea's on the things i've already seen done here, so i know it can be done ^.^
O rly?

if anyone wanted to add on a new region, it wouldnt be hard to make a cullis gate in that new town to reach it (or i assume it wouldnt be)
Yea, it'd be relatively easy to have a new map using an existing lev/tng, throw it in the wld with coordinates and whatnot and make a new region out of it, the problem is that you'd have to add info to the stb as well, and this can't be done yet.

I recommend you take a back seat for a little while longer so that you can see for yourself what we can/can't do.
Re: Fable Expansions [message #37685 is a reply to message #37683] Tue, 05 February 2008 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ballad is currently offline  Ballad
JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 05 February 2008 20:17

i'm basing all these idea's on the things i've already seen done here, so i know it can be done ^.^
O rly?

Yea, it'd be relatively easy to have a new map using an existing lev/tng, throw it in the wld with coordinates and whatnot and make a new region out of it, the problem is that you'd have to add info to the stb as well, and this can't be done yet.

I recommend you take a back seat for a little while longer so that you can see for yourself what we can/can't do.

O.o bah.. i'm srry, i was basing that idea on how ive seen tele points to new regions can be moved or created, and all the maps that had been created in jk2 (and other quake based games) so easily. i didnt realize that the maps/area's wernt altered so easily. i wrongly assumed it was as simple as using Radient on somthing along those lines, so my bad Razz

btw, i'm not gonna take a back seat Smile you learn more by asking questions and people correctiong you than just reading the boards, i use your reactions as an example.

and if i struck a nerv with you for my ignorence, "i do appologize"

[Updated on: Tue, 05 February 2008 20:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Expansions [message #37687 is a reply to message #37685] Tue, 05 February 2008 20:52 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Ballad wrote on Tue, 05 February 2008 22:39

O.o bah.. i'm srry, i was basing that idea on how ive seen tele points to new regions can be moved or created, and all the maps that had been created in jk2 (and other quake based games) so easily. i didnt realize that the maps/area's wernt altered so easily. i wrongly assumed it was as simple as using Radient on somthing along those lines, so my bad Razz
No need to be sorry. You can blame LionHead, for designing a game with the intent of making it impossible to mod, and for not releasing an SDK or something along the lines for it.

btw, i'm not gonna take a back seat Smile you learn more by asking questions and people correctiong you than just reading the boards, i use your reactions as an example.
Cool. Anything that makes me think for a while, like with the arena stuff you thought up, only a small bit of that is possible, but I had to think for a good while to come to that conclusion, which is much better than most of the stuff that makes it to the forum.

and if i struck a nerv with you for my ignorence, "i do appologize"
Heh, I have no nerves left to be struck. Razz Again, no need to apologize.
Previous Topic: i need help
Next Topic: Having Noob Problems...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:10:16 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01230 seconds