Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Problem with Avo's Tear and changing augmentations
Problem with Avo's Tear and changing augmentations [message #37789] Thu, 07 February 2008 21:20 Go to next message
NeloMagus
I have no trouble changing the damage to 550 (as it should be!) but no matter what I do I cannot change the default augmentations on the weapon.

I cannot remove them to add new ones, I cannot add new ones via F-Explorer. That is, I add them but the sword doesn't change in-game.

I know I'm using the right value as the damage changes correctly, so why aren't the augmentations?
Re: Problem with Avo's Tear and changing augmentations [message #37796 is a reply to message #37789] Fri, 08 February 2008 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I think you have to sell the item and buy it back, because I don't think it works on weapons currently in your inventory.
I think you can sell the Avo's Tear at the charity shop in SnowSpire.
This is all "I think" stuff, I'm not sure on any of it, so if someone could back me up?
Re: Problem with Avo's Tear and changing augmentations [message #37798 is a reply to message #37796] Fri, 08 February 2008 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
I think JohnDoe's right. But, do you know how to add and remove augs?
Re: Problem with Avo's Tear and changing augmentations [message #37817 is a reply to message #37798] Sat, 09 February 2008 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ballad is currently offline  Ballad
yeah.. pretty sure they are right O.o the game seems to save the data for each weapon inside the inventory in your save file with all its current stats. which is kinda stupid, since you cant have two katana's of the same grade even if they have different augmentations. that would have to be one of the "messes" lionhead created O.o well, if yer gonna try selling it to the shop keeper, i'd also recomend setting the swords currency value to 0, just so you arnt just needlessly throwing out extra money (though you probbly have enough any way) but even then, it would be just as much work to spawn more money so, w/e Razz

EDIT:
on second thought, you may not have to actually just respawn the wepon, but you will need to make sure you dont have it in your inventory.

reason and solution:

go ahead and sell it to the snowspire charity npc(this gets it out of your inventory. i'm pretty confident it wont change the augmentations on it if you try to buy it back, some one correct me if i'm wrong, course:P), and then pick it up out of a chest (after making sure you set up the default augmentations that you want on it) O.o because now that i think about it, the game saves just keeps up with augmentation slots rather than the data for the weapons themselves. that would also explain why you cant have duplicates of the same grade of weapon O.o

[Updated on: Sat, 09 February 2008 04:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with Avo's Tear and changing augmentations [message #37825 is a reply to message #37817] Sat, 09 February 2008 06:42 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Ballad wrote on Sat, 09 February 2008 02:52

go ahead and sell it to the snowspire charity npc(this gets it out of your inventory. i'm pretty confident it wont change the augmentations on it if you try to buy it back, some one correct me if i'm wrong, course:P), and then pick it up out of a chest

I was thinking sell it and buy it back, but you might be right on this.
Just in case, a good idea would be to have a spare a chest or just start a new profile.
Previous Topic: Simple request...
Next Topic: Reskins?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:08:00 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01140 seconds