Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » making a new town
making a new town [message #37856] Sat, 09 February 2008 19:22 Go to next message
emoyasha is currently offline  emoyasha
well to star off i used this tool about 6 months ago. i made a town in the place of bowserstone, however now i am completely clueless as how to do any of it, it just slipped my mind, and yes i know i could read tutorials, but then i just forget over time because its not really step by step with someone helping me. so i was wondering if someone would guid me step by step in acreating a new small town somewhere?
Re: making a new town [message #37857 is a reply to message #37856] Sat, 09 February 2008 19:45 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
JohnDoe's step-by-step "make a new town in 30 minutes or less" guide:

1. Open the tng.
2. ???
3. Profit!

Joking aside, and besides the fact that you don't simply forget everything about tng editing, and even over time, you wouldn't require a step-by-step guide to refresh your memory as you didn't need one to learn it, and I'll let go the fact that you didn't mention what tool you used, and I'll just pretend I didn't see that you aren't willing to read the tutorials, regardless if it's your first time or otherwise, making a "new" town is technically impossible depending on how you mean it. Making a town like Marcopolo's Ashenvale is extensive TNG editing, many things are involved, part of which is knowing what to do and how to do it, but the rest is creativity.

If you can't be bothered to read the above paragraph, here's a summary:
  • TNG editing is more creativity than anything else.
  • TNG editing has been covered from head to toe throughout the forum. It is best to read the Wiki, the stickies/announcements, the results of proper search function utilization, browsing the appropriate forums, and combine the knowledge gained with common sense and creativity, determination and patience (and a high threshold for bleeding eyes, frustration, anger, hatred and spite will go a long way as well).
Keeping these things in mind and actually following the implied suggestions (which are written in bold for your convenience) is the only guide for TNG editing on large scales.

Little things are easy, creature placement, chest spawning, custom traders, etc., all easy because it's just one script. For a new city, imagine hundreds and hundreds of custom scripts, no guide is written for that.
Previous Topic: Stealable Itm Tinkering
Next Topic: help with bluetooth's custom shop
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:19:57 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01285 seconds