Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Make "Normal Haircut" longer?
Make "Normal Haircut" longer? [message #38014] Thu, 14 February 2008 03:54 Go to next message
Waylandar is currently offline  Waylandar

as you may know, normal haircut, is probably the longest haircut in the game (length downwards unlike the Mohawk). Would it at all be possible to make this longer? For example, around the length of some of the band members from Blind Guardian, if we could get it around that length of past the shoulders or half way down the back then it would be master.

http://www.elalmacendelrock.com/images/BlindGuardianPromo.jpg

my main question/request is, is it possible? and to also make it move around and stuff when you run in fable, if all this is, could someone write a brief guide on how-to do it.

Thanks
Ben

Re: Make "Normal Haircut" longer? [message #38017 is a reply to message #38014] Thu, 14 February 2008 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
Well, it's completly possible. Just one thing, it would be static ONLY. Meaning it wouldn't move, it wouldn't bounce or anything. And frankly, it'd look kinda wierd.
Re: Make "Normal Haircut" longer? [message #38018 is a reply to message #38017] Thu, 14 February 2008 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

any instructions on How-to? or can you point me in the general direction?
thanks
Re: Make "Normal Haircut" longer? [message #38030 is a reply to message #38014] Fri, 15 February 2008 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

edit: is there any TuTs on youtube etc, so you kind people dont have to write them out?
Re: Make "Normal Haircut" longer? [message #38034 is a reply to message #38030] Fri, 15 February 2008 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Waylandar wrote on Thu, 14 February 2008 10:17

thanks
Open normal hair mesh entry in FE, export. Load up mesh in 3DS/other program. Select all vertices except for the top roundish bit, duplicate, move it a bit lower and whatnot, and repeat. You can make it so it would look like wildly flowing holy-crap orgasmic just-like-the-herbal-essences commercial hair if it were dynamic still, but it won't be, it will be static, so it will clip through the Hero, look just plain awful, and it won't flow in the wind. It's like wearing a two-ton wig.

People have experimented with other possibilities, this was one of the things thrown around.

If someone would throw support in FE for dynamic/animated/collision meshes, that would open up a lot of creativity.

Waylandar wrote on Fri, 15 February 2008 03:32

edit: is there any TuTs on youtube etc, so you kind people dont have to write them out?
That's not an edit, that's a double post. An edit is when you use the http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/theme/default/images/msg_edit.gif button.
If you want to find a guide, first find out which app you like best. 3DS, Maya, Blender, others, all of them do the same thing but you'll find each very different. Get accustomed to one of them, then look for guides for that particular app.
Re: Make "Normal Haircut" longer? [message #38038 is a reply to message #38034] Fri, 15 February 2008 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

JohnDoe wrote on Fri, 15 February 2008 09:31

Waylandar wrote on Thu, 14 February 2008 10:17

thanks
Open normal hair mesh entry in FE, export. Load up mesh in 3DS/other program. Select all vertices except for the top roundish bit, duplicate, move it a bit lower and whatnot, and repeat. You can make it so it would look like wildly flowing holy-crap orgasmic just-like-the-herbal-essences commercial hair if it were dynamic still, but it won't be, it will be static, so it will clip through the Hero, look just plain awful, and it won't flow in the wind. It's like wearing a two-ton wig.

People have experimented with other possibilities, this was one of the things thrown around.

If someone would throw support in FE for dynamic/animated/collision meshes, that would open up a lot of creativity.

Waylandar wrote on Fri, 15 February 2008 03:32

That's not an edit, that's a double post. An edit is when you use the http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/theme/default/images/msg_edit.gif button.
If you want to find a guide, first find out which app you like best. 3DS, Maya, Blender, others, all of them do the same thing but you'll find each very different. Get accustomed to one of them, then look for guides for that particular app.

Thank you Smile i will look into Blender as i have it

how can i make it dynamic? and will it take alot of time?

[Updated on: Fri, 15 February 2008 10:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Make "Normal Haircut" longer? [message #38040 is a reply to message #38014] Fri, 15 February 2008 10:27 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

open graphics.big with a hex editor and find the mesh, then I'm not sure, but take a look at the format, it's somewhere in the wiki

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: The Chicken Launcher Legendary Weapon
Next Topic: New Weapon Request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:46:45 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01239 seconds