Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Modding newb needs help with Albion Explorer...
Modding newb needs help with Albion Explorer... [message #38176] Mon, 18 February 2008 09:15 Go to next message
Melkor is currently offline  Melkor

I am having a problem. Whenever I launch albion explorer, it just gives a message saying that I didnt extract the wad. but later, when i try, it just says:

Initializing application...
ERROR: FinalAlbion.WAD doesn't exist. Application cannot continue.
Closing application...
ERROR: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels\FinalAlbion.wld'.

I need some major help...

P.S. All of this is just so I can spawn a chest so I can have a weapon I customized earlier.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 February 2008 11:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Modding newb needs help with Albion Explorer... [message #38185 is a reply to message #38176] Mon, 18 February 2008 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

then use freeroam, and next time please search

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Modding newb needs help with Albion Explorer... [message #38186 is a reply to message #38176] Mon, 18 February 2008 11:51 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Sounds like a deeper problem.
AE looks for levs/tngs in the default place for levs/tngs.
If you installed Fable somewhere other than the default, you can add a MyPath line to the .ini and it'll work that way.
If AE can't find the levs/tngs, either in the default place or in the place it's told to look in the .ini, it assumes that a .WAD wasn't extracted.
It then attempts to extract the .WAD itself, but according to what you say, AE can't find it.
AE is actually pretty smart, I'd even go as far as to say that AE is smarter than the average individual, so when it can't find the .WAD, there is an error on someone else's part.

Out of curiosity, where did you install Fable?
But yea, if you can find your .WAD file yourself, you can use FreeRoam, put the levs/tngs where they are supposed to go, and AE will work.
Previous Topic: can someone help me im new to this place
Next Topic: Need help, can't apply mods I created with Fable Explorer to a new Fable Installation..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:41:23 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01328 seconds