Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » changed guard uniform
changed guard uniform [message #38403] Sun, 24 February 2008 21:29 Go to next message
whitebalverine is currently offline  whitebalverine
I liked the uniforms from the bowerstone and snowspire guards, but you can only have the one from hook coats etc.
Can someone edit it?
Re: changed guard uniform [message #38404 is a reply to message #38403] Sun, 24 February 2008 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Yes. You can. The Hero's guard clothes have the same texture as the guards' do, so it's pretty easy to do.

There are a few ways to do this:
You could just save the textures of the guard uniform you want and replace the black textures with the ones you want, but that would make it so the guards who have black uniforms to be that color too.
You could change the textures for the Hero's guard outfit pieces in their mesh entries, just changing a simple number to the ID of the desired texture.
You could add a CTextureReplacementDef to each of the OBJECT entries for the Hero's guard clothing items, that would work pretty well actually.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 February 2008 21:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: changed guard uniform [message #38411 is a reply to message #38404] Mon, 25 February 2008 09:46 Go to previous message
Satan

Administrator
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 25 February 2008 05:40

You could add a CTextureReplacementDef to each of the OBJECT entries for the Hero's guard clothing items, that would work pretty well actually.

And is indeed the way the game handles most, if not all, of the characters where all that's different is a change of texture.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Previous Topic: need help with alpha
Next Topic: Texture Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:10:53 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01707 seconds