Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Retextures » Complete apprentice robe re-texture
Complete apprentice robe re-texture [message #4476] Sun, 06 November 2005 15:12 Go to next message
LostInGeneral is currently offline  LostInGeneral
After the release of the new tool this was inevitable, I guess.

I went ahead and retextured the entire apprentice set with a modified version of the "evil" robes; I took some work because they're formatted differently.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2908/116200540108pm8pd.th.jpg

Now, though, there's a problem. Since it was (by the typical standards) a decently-sized modification it increased the filesize of the BIG by three kilobytes. That may not seem like much, but it means that I can't make a PPF patch for it. At least, not with the small filesize and quick application you're used to. In fact the PPF would be actually larger than the patched textures.BIG. About 26 MB larger, actually.

So I can't distribute the mod for the general public to use. I will compromise, though; I've attached a ZIP file containing the new textures.

Use them at your leisure Very Happy
  • Attachment: eviltext.zip
    (Size: 609.53KB, Downloaded 1177 times)

ON AN INDEFINITE ABSENCE I know, short notice... sorry everyone.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Dragontoothmoon/newersig.png
Re: Complete apprentice robe re-texture [message #4477 is a reply to message #4476] Sun, 06 November 2005 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buccura is currently offline  Buccura

What exactly is the PNG format you used?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/WrathChild/BuccuraSig3.jpg

Current Projects:
Getting Fable to work again
Remembering how to Mod
Re: Complete apprentice robe re-texture [message #4478 is a reply to message #4476] Sun, 06 November 2005 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marauder13 is currently offline  marauder13
png stands for portable network graphic

as to what is supposed to be done...im assuming replacing the appropriate textures in the texture.big using fable explorer?
Re: Complete apprentice robe re-texture [message #4481 is a reply to message #4476] Sun, 06 November 2005 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LostInGeneral is currently offline  LostInGeneral
PNG is just the Portable Network Graphic format. You can edit it with MSPaint and save it as well. It's actually fairly common and it has a small filesize.

All you have to do is replace the TEXTURE_HERO_APPRENTICE_(part) with the respective textures in the ZIP. Pretty easy, actually.

ON AN INDEFINITE ABSENCE I know, short notice... sorry everyone.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Dragontoothmoon/newersig.png
Re: Complete apprentice robe re-texture [message #4518 is a reply to message #4476] Wed, 09 November 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hunter is currently offline  Hunter

Idle Hands of the Devil
I knew this issue would come up, I thought about adding a batch modification feature to FE. Now looks like it will pretty much be necessary.
Re: Complete apprentice robe re-texture [message #4520 is a reply to message #4518] Wed, 09 November 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Hunter wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 03:45

I knew this issue would come up, I thought about adding a batch modification feature to FE. Now looks like it will pretty much be necessary.

This would also help with xbox too.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Complete apprentice robe re-texture [message #4545 is a reply to message #4476] Sat, 12 November 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hunter is currently offline  Hunter

Idle Hands of the Devil
And here it is. This file holds the evil apprentice texture mods that LostInGeneral did.

To apply:
Open textures.big in Fable Explorer(newest version only)
Right-click on the textures.big and click "Merge BIG"
then select the EvilApprenticeSet.big file
then recompile your textures.big and load it with fable.
Re: Complete apprentice robe re-texture [message #4842 is a reply to message #4476] Mon, 28 November 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abcd_111 is currently offline  abcd_111
Why does this leads to crash on my game???First i chaged them manualy using the Fable Explorer it crashed, then i got the .big and merged it and it still crashes.
Re: Complete apprentice robe re-texture [message #18928 is a reply to message #4476] Thu, 10 May 2007 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirwolfspane360 is currently offline  sirwolfspane360
i know wat to do to add it or wat ever but when i go to recompile the FE freezes goes not responding and the i have to restart the program again and try again but no luck so far....???any body know wats rong wif it
Re: Complete apprentice robe re-texture [message #18942 is a reply to message #18928] Fri, 11 May 2007 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

It doesn't freeze, it just takes a while to recompile.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Complete apprentice robe re-texture [message #18960 is a reply to message #4476] Fri, 11 May 2007 15:44 Go to previous message
sirwolfspane360 is currently offline  sirwolfspane360
k i'll try......l8er to busy at the moment
Previous Topic: Sharingan Will Eye
Next Topic: Rooks plate reco
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:16:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01271 seconds