Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Slow time down to real time?
Slow time down to real time? [message #38621] Sun, 02 March 2008 21:06 Go to next message
Cragvis is currently offline  Cragvis
Hey guys, Im new to this, just got fable for the PC cause I heard it was cool.

But I noticed that time flys by REALLY fast, I can literally see the shadows move on the ground.

Is there any mod or way to make time go slower, even to a 1:1 ratio with real time?
Re: Slow time down to real time? [message #38622 is a reply to message #38621] Sun, 02 March 2008 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Add the following line to your user.ini file under "MaxThingDrawDist 128;" The number in the parenthesis defines how many seconds there are in a game day.
SetDaySpeed(86400);
There's also a way to change the time of day to whatever you'd like, I'm guessing the value is for the hour (12 would be noon, 0 would be midnight, 15.5 would be 3:30 pm), can't say for sure on that though. The line goes like so:
SetTimeOfDay(12);

[Updated on: Sun, 02 March 2008 21:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Slow time down to real time? [message #38623 is a reply to message #38621] Sun, 02 March 2008 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh thank you kind sir!

I downloaded that editor and stuff and thought it would be super hard to do, turns out its a simple line addition in the ini file! lol

2nd question, do scars heal? I had 2 scars on my face and they are really bad, im trying to be good, but i think those scars scare people.
Re: Slow time down to real time? [message #38624 is a reply to message #38623] Sun, 02 March 2008 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
You're welcome.
Cragvis wrote on Sun, 02 March 2008 23:27

2nd question, do scars heal? I had 2 scars on my face and they are really bad, im trying to be good, but i think those scars scare people.
The scars aren't viewed as scary or attractive or anything by NPCs. Unfortunately, the only way to get rid of them without starting a new profile is to overwrite all of the scar textures with blank alpha textures, this is because the save file sucks that information in, and even changing the skin effects array in CCreatureDef to where you can't get scars doesn't work after that black hole of a save file takes in that info.
Re: Slow time down to real time? [message #38626 is a reply to message #38621] Sun, 02 March 2008 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh thats fine then.

So its true that my characters age goes up when I train using my experience?
Re: Slow time down to real time? [message #38627 is a reply to message #38626] Sun, 02 March 2008 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Indeed so, but that doesn't take place in the CCreatureDef, but the CHeroMorphDef. All of the bone morphing (teen, weak, strong, tall, fat, berserk), all of the good/evil morphing (textures, meshes and effects), all of the old age morphing and will morphing also take place in the CHeroMorphDef.
Re: Slow time down to real time? [message #38638 is a reply to message #38627] Mon, 03 March 2008 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Sun, 02 March 2008 23:18

Indeed so, but that doesn't take place in the CCreatureDef, but the CHeroMorphDef. All of the bone morphing (teen, weak, strong, tall, fat, berserk), all of the good/evil morphing (textures, meshes and effects), all of the old age morphing and will morphing also take place in the CHeroMorphDef.

Cool, is that the same place i would edit, if I wanted to make it so my character ages 1 year for say, every 10 levels instead of 1 level?
Re: Slow time down to real time? [message #38639 is a reply to message #38638] Mon, 03 March 2008 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Cragvis wrote on Mon, 03 March 2008 18:44

Cool, is that the same place i would edit, if I wanted to make it so my character ages 1 year for say, every 10 levels instead of 1 level?
The CHeroMorphDef is the place to go if you want to completely take away old age effects, but it doesn't control the rate at which you age. In fact, I don't think we have anything that can you that. The closest thing that I know of is MAIN_HERO_STATS under HERO_STATS, which holds the values for MinAge and MaxAge.

Unless the MinAge is set to a higher number, the Hero will never be younger than 18. Unless the MaxAge is set to a lower number, the Hero will never be older than 65. Note that if the Hero reaches the value for MaxAge, whether it's 35, 19, 65, 21, whatever, he'll have full old age effects.

So, if the MaxAge is set to 100, the Hero will be 65 at most and will only have (Difference between MinAge and current age)/(Difference between MinAge and MaxAge) of the old age effects, which in this case is ~57%, give or take.

So, you can slow down aging, but the trade-off is that you won't be able to get full age effects.

*Note: This is all just theory, so there's a fair chance I'm wrong about something. Try it for yourself and find out.
Re: Slow time down to real time? [message #38646 is a reply to message #38639] Mon, 03 March 2008 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darth vader is currently offline  Darth vader
or is it possible for the clock to be digital or somthing or have the game time the same as the computer clock? for example the computer clock says 5:00 p.m. and when u go into the game it would be 5:00 p.m.
Re: Slow time down to real time? [message #38661 is a reply to message #38621] Tue, 04 March 2008 10:38 Go to previous message
Satan

Administrator
You can set it so that the game takes exactly 24hrs to run through a day/night cycle but there's no way to link it to the system clock.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 March 2008 10:38]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Need a mod for the Card Pairs game in Bowerstone.
Next Topic: Fable- The final countdown
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:53:57 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01446 seconds