Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Environment Lighting Problem
Environment Lighting Problem [message #38710] Wed, 05 March 2008 20:17 Go to next message
Vir27 is currently offline  Vir27
I have the same problem that is discussed in the "I feel like I'm going about this all wrong..." thread.

Namely, after editing anything at all with Fable Explorer, all areas follow the same (for lack of a better term) environment pattern. I mean like Grey House and inside caves/Guild are very sunny, as opposed to their normal... not-sunny.

The thread I note above is inconclusive as to the causes of the problem (apparently it happens to some people, and not others because the people who might be able to fix it can't duplicate it), and the only solution is to restore an unmodded game.bin.

Well, I was hoping since no one has posted on that thread since June of 07 (and since I couldn't find any other threads that discuss the issue; I did search a number of terms) that might be someone's come up with a solution since then.

I did my best to investigate the issue through Fable Explorer, but I've only been a modder since about 2:00 this morning, so my best isn't much. The areas part of the game.bin seems to link to the proper sections of the environment parts of the game.bin, and I don't see that they are modified when I change whatever else... That about defeats my investigative capabilities.

The only things I've modded are: adding a Chin Beard card to Bowerstone's Tavern Cellar bookcase, a Warrior Stripe card to a Guild bookcase, and deleting the files responsible for scars as per a handy tutorial here. For my testing, I only deleted the scars, and the problem still occurred every time.

Probably this post is way too long, but I'm hoping that if I describe the issue thoroughly someone will be able to help Smile. Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 March 2008 20:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Environment Lighting Problem [message #38718 is a reply to message #38710] Wed, 05 March 2008 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Make sure you definitely have the newest version of Fable Explorer. Previous versions borked the environments when saving the game.bin

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Environment Lighting Problem [message #38730 is a reply to message #38718] Thu, 06 March 2008 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I had downloaded the setup version of FE, but now with the zip version everything works fine. Thanks very much.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 March 2008 16:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Environment Lighting Problem [message #38731 is a reply to message #38710] Thu, 06 March 2008 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
If you read my thread properly you'd see I clearly state they are no longer the latest versions.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Environment Lighting Problem [message #38734 is a reply to message #38731] Thu, 06 March 2008 20:11 Go to previous message
Indeed.
Previous Topic: Weilding weapons?
Next Topic: looking for jack of blades
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:20:08 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01660 seconds