Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Jacked Up Jack
Jacked Up Jack [message #38928] Mon, 10 March 2008 00:52 Go to next message
Vanity is currently offline  Vanity
Aight, I'm fairly new to modding but I'm starting to get there. I've got my hero looking like Jack of Blades with the horns coming out of his hood (looks pretty cool and the horns coloring mesh nicely with the mask's. i just need to get rid of that mustache lol) but I've got my strength maxed out, which messes up the alignment with the horns and the face and just makes JoB look really silly instead of really terrifying. Can anyone help me out on how to remedy this situation? I know its something to do with the bones or the hero morph or something, but I cant find it searching through the forums (at least not an explanation that doesn't confuse me)

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

P

It has been said that Vanity is the deadliest of sins.
Re: Jacked Up Jack [message #38929 is a reply to message #38928] Mon, 10 March 2008 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
How does the strength effect the alignment?
Re: Jacked Up Jack [message #38933 is a reply to message #38929] Mon, 10 March 2008 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not the alignment as in good and evil, i meant the alignment such as how the horns are positioned on the head. They're actually detached because he's too muscular for Jack's body. I know there's a way to get rid of the muscle morph but I cant find a detailed explanation.

Re: Jacked Up Jack [message #38935 is a reply to message #38933] Mon, 10 March 2008 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
The easist way, would probraly be to download Crazybunny's JOB outfit. This way it's not just a mesh over you. A good search will find it.
Re: Jacked Up Jack [message #38936 is a reply to message #38933] Mon, 10 March 2008 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Ah, I getcha.
Vanity wrote on Mon, 10 March 2008 05:32

I cant find a detailed explanation.
Well it's there, I promise.

This one lists some methods of playing with bones;
JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 26 February 2008 01:37

There are a few ways to change bones, it depends on what you want to accomplish.

You can edit the existing bones in your ..\data\bones folder.
You can go to the CHeroMorphDef for the Hero and change which bones he has and when they are used (if he's evil/good/fat/berserky/tall/strong/pathetic/whatever).
You can use morerunes' B-Morph app (found in the tools forum) to make bones.
Other possibilities are sprinkled here and there on the forum, search and see if you find anything you're interested in.
This one let's you know more about the CHeroMorphDef concerning bones;
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 03 March 2008 01:18

All of the bone morphing (teen, weak, strong, tall, fat, berserk)... take place in the CHeroMorphDef.
This one describes how to get rid of bone morphing from inside a bone configuration file (.bncfg);
JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 26 February 2008 16:29

...if you open them up (any text editor will do) and remove everything except for
Creature_type: CREATURE_HERO;
#Start_group_settings
#End_group_settings
#Start_Bone_data
#End_bone_data
for all of the Hero's bones, it will completely remove bone morphing.

The alternative is deleting the bone entries in the CHeroMorphDef. That makes it so the Hero doesn't use the bones at all.
This one describes in enough detail how to do either method;
JohnDoe wrote on Wed, 30 January 2008 09:00

Method 1:
Go to (Fable Directory)\data\Bones and grab the hero_weak.bncfg (can be opened in notepad), copy everything inside of it, and paste it in the other hero bones (specifically hero_strong.bncfg and hero_tall.bncfg).

Method 2:
Open FE, scroll down to CHeroMorphDef and open the first one (#10535).
Expand the tree view and click on the second listing (4577F2CB - HeroMorph).
You can either get rid of the strong/tall entries or change them so that they pull the same bone configuration file as the weak entry.

For either method:
You can also do this with fat, berserk, or the teen bones.

That's just my posts, and those are recent. Bones are discussed in close detail all over the forum so don't tell me you can't find a detailed explanation, because it's nearly impossible to miss if you search for it.

Mmm, Shadow, you ruined my rant. Crying or Very Sad
Re: Jacked Up Jack [message #38939 is a reply to message #38936] Mon, 10 March 2008 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My sentence was a couple words, yours was a paragraph. And do you have all those quotes bookmarked or something? Laughing You always seem to bring them up!
Re: Jacked Up Jack [message #38940 is a reply to message #38939] Mon, 10 March 2008 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
ShadowX630 wrote on Mon, 10 March 2008 06:18

My sentence was a couple words, yours was a paragraph. And do you have all those quotes bookmarked or something? Laughing You always seem to bring them up!
I keep them in my invisible 2000+ capacity general inventory. Smile

Actually I'm just weird like that, I remember most of what I read and could tell you in detail about a post made more than six months ago, or that meaningless, unimportant, waste of time conversation I had with someone several years ago. Because of this, it's very easy for me to find these posts rather quickly.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 March 2008 04:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Jacked Up Jack [message #38971 is a reply to message #38940] Tue, 11 March 2008 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, then. Back on topic. Depending on what your using, use mine or John's advise. Either way, you should find what your looking for.
Re: Jacked Up Jack [message #38978 is a reply to message #38928] Tue, 11 March 2008 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the assistance. I've been exploring around a bit. Hopefully I can figure something out that you all havnt done yet (but after random browsing, it seems like that may not be possible...) is FE 4.1 beta the newest version available? And how do you go about changing the name of the attributes? I was editing some spells just by looking at common values in them and some spells just say Unknown, I'd like to change them to read the name if possible.

Re: Jacked Up Jack [message #39003 is a reply to message #38978] Wed, 12 March 2008 01:08 Go to previous message

Retired
Vanity wrote on Tue, 11 March 2008 17:50

thanks for the assistance.
You're welcome.

I've been exploring around a bit. Hopefully I can figure something out that you all havnt done yet (but after random browsing, it seems like that may not be possible...)
There's still things that we don't know.

is FE 4.1 beta the newest version available?
Yes.

And how do you go about changing the name of the attributes?
You can grab the number next to the attribute, look that number up in the def.xml, and the name should be provided somewhere in there, change it as you wish.

I was editing some spells just by looking at common values in them and some spells just say Unknown, I'd like to change them to read the name if possible.
Go for it, if you find out what any of the unknowns do, post your findings here and it can eventually be put in the def.xml.
Previous Topic: Teleporting followers
Next Topic: Changing weapon/armor/item names
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:41:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01105 seconds