Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Help! Remove Mods...
icon9.gif  Help! Remove Mods... [message #39406] Sat, 22 March 2008 13:40 Go to next message
swangline is currently offline  swangline
Okay, so I used to play and mod Fable about a year ago. Modded so much stuff and didn't keep track of what I did. Tried setting everything back to default state, couldn't figure it out. I completely removed all of the modding programs from my computer such as Albion Explorer and all that. Also completely removed the game. I was so frustrated I threw the game in the trash.

Quite a bit later (now) I had the urge to play it again bought another copy and the mods are still applied to the game!

I give up... someone help please!

Jake
Re: Help! Remove Mods... [message #39409 is a reply to message #39406] Sat, 22 March 2008 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
That's quite amusing. Make sure you're deleting the folder labeled "Fable - The Lost Chapters" in "..\Program Files\Microsoft Games\" and not doing something silly like only deleting "Fable" from "My Documents\My Games"

You can grab the original files off of your retail discs (you only need to get the ones you screwed up):

Disc 1:
names.bin
script.bin
frontend.bin
game.bin
*.bncfg files (bones)
text.big

Disc 2:
FinalAlbion.wad
FinalAlbion_RT.stb
Other levels files

Disc 3:
graphics.big
effects.big

Disc 4:
textures.big
frontend.big

If you can't figure that out, a complete reinstall is in order. Be sure to cleanse your machine of all Fable-related stuff, and reinstall.

The reason your story is amusing is because unless someone burned all of your modded files onto a disc and sold it to you, that's impossible.

Also, if you're a Vista user, click here.
Re: Help! Remove Mods... [message #39410 is a reply to message #39409] Sat, 22 March 2008 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the tips. but i'm pretty sure i COMPLETELY cleansed it last time i did this. i will try once more, thanks again

please keep an eye on this thread too i may ask you for more help
Re: Help! Remove Mods... [message #39412 is a reply to message #39410] Sat, 22 March 2008 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, this time I am POSITIVE I wiped it. Reinstalled, and still... there the mods are. I can't figure it out. I guess I wasted another $20.
icon14.gif  Re: Help! Remove Mods... [message #39441 is a reply to message #39406] Sun, 23 March 2008 09:22 Go to previous message
WAIT WAIT! Laughing

that link you gave me with the picture helped! i followed the C:\ path in the picture to find my virtual store, mine was a little different

deleted it and reinstalled.. works perfect! thanks that was VERY helpful
Previous Topic: Question from A Fable modding Newb
Next Topic: What weapon is jack holding when your chasing him?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 04:46:58 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01203 seconds