Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Fable: The New World [WIP Topic - Release in Packages]
Re: Fable: The New World [message #54432 is a reply to message #39589] Thu, 01 October 2009 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DrVooDoo is currently offline  DrVooDoo
I have only 1 litle question - where it`s done?
Re: Fable: The New World [message #54434 is a reply to message #54432] Thu, 01 October 2009 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Where is what done?

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Fable: The New World [message #54436 is a reply to message #54434] Fri, 02 October 2009 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have still a question.
In beta versions connect only location graetwood or all?
Such as witchwood or knothole glade?
ps Forgive for errors, i`m from Russia.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 October 2009 11:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable: The New World [message #54437 is a reply to message #54436] Fri, 02 October 2009 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

The mod should be done within the next few months. The only areas connected are Greatwood and Darkwood, because it doesn't work right in other places.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #54441 is a reply to message #39589] Sat, 03 October 2009 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And that about this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u9fW7ETV3k
Apparently here all Albion is connected.
It is your working out?
Re: Fable: The New World [message #54442 is a reply to message #54441] Sat, 03 October 2009 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
That's not all of Albion. Albion is much, much, much bigger. In the video description, it says that it's a modified Fable: Bare, that's one of morerunes' works available here.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #54451 is a reply to message #39589] Sat, 03 October 2009 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warischoy is currently offline  warischoy
just another idea.
at the start of the game instead of your sister's birthday.
it is your birthday and you have to perform good deed to
get a good present. you get a toy sword from your father,
using the (i am a man of my word...) cutscene.
then bandits attacked and you fight back where your father dies.
the bandit cannot be killed by you and he knocks you over.
the maze cutscene appears and strike the bandit and saves you.

i think that would go very well.

only mods at christmas, easter and summer holiday when i am in hong kong.
the rest i study in england and my mum won't let me bring my laptop.

[Updated on: Sat, 03 October 2009 14:27]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #54452 is a reply to message #54451] Sat, 03 October 2009 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
warischoy wrote on Sat, 03 October 2009 23:25

just another idea.

Skorms Fury wrote on Sat, 04 October 2008 10:39

i have a new/new idea, maybe you can let the boy already begin the game when its 18, and then he made a wooden sword, like the one in the first post, and then the oakvale rage happens, and you can fight to them, of course you lose, and maze takes you to the guild. there you get a 5 year long training and then you can just play the game.
I dont know if this is possible but i think its a great idea ..

Better idea if u ask me..
Re: Fable: The New World [message #54461 is a reply to message #54451] Sat, 03 October 2009 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
warischoy wrote on Sat, 03 October 2009 16:25

just another idea.

No. It would require a different way to invoke that cutscene, and that can't be done. That and you would want a lot of the speech, cutscene and script bits removed, specifically the bits that imply that it is the sister's birthday.
DeMoNiC wrote on Sat, 03 October 2009 16:32

i have a new/new idea, maybe you can let the boy already begin the game when its 18, and then he made a wooden sword, like the one in the first post, and then the oakvale rage happens, and you can fight to them, of course you lose, and maze takes you to the guild. there you get a 5 year long training and then you can just play the game.

Yea, you would say that, both of you are the same person after all.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #54462 is a reply to message #54461] Sun, 04 October 2009 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
JohnDoe wrote on Sun, 04 October 2009 05:44

warischoy wrote on Sat, 03 October 2009 16:25

just another idea.

No. It would require a different way to invoke that cutscene, and that can't be done. That and you would want a lot of the speech, cutscene and script bits removed, specifically the bits that imply that it is the sister's birthday.
DeMoNiC wrote on Sat, 03 October 2009 16:32

Yea, you would say that, both of you are the same person after all.

Yes, i know, but i think my idea is better, not becauze its my idea, but i just think mines is better.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #54464 is a reply to message #39589] Sun, 04 October 2009 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Combatcorv is currently offline  Combatcorv
I don't think that 1-single man can desides what is best. and by the way it may be annoying to change the story all the time. Still, it is good that we are all trying to help out. I know that nobody here was just for mess things up. But when these argues emerges, it could easily mess up.
Maybe a bit of the Topic but it seemed that it was needed.

Meanwhile, I really think this is a huge project and I am really exited about it... This almost feels like a never released DLC for TLC. It is pretty amazing work done by morerunes. He, as many others in this forum could maybe one day work for Lionhead (if that would interest them)

Have a nice life so far Very Happy

Now, sleep.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #54465 is a reply to message #39589] Sun, 04 October 2009 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to johndoe.
if it is not possible for the cutscenes to be redone or changed.
another idea
you could use the same father cutscene for the first two coins. but instead of a coin he gives you a wooden sword.

just before the raid you could show it to your sister. when you reach your sister. instead of your sister saying( hope you remember my birthday and all that.) she saids (wait there is something wrong) bandit raid begins.

you fight the bandit where the trader is. and then the bandits drive you be to your father. you forgot about the bandits and maze cutscene begins.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #54466 is a reply to message #54465] Sun, 04 October 2009 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Good ideas people, I'll definitely look more into messing with cutscenes

Re: Fable: The New World [message #54471 is a reply to message #54465] Sun, 04 October 2009 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
warischoy wrote on Sun, 04 October 2009 06:55

if it is not possible for the cutscenes to be redone or changed.
You missed it. It's possible, but there isn't a way to invoke the cutscenes at will. That is hardcoded and cannot be changed. The one exception is the darkwood silver key cutscene, which requires the Hero to strike the marker to invoke the cutscene. This method cannot be used for other cutscenes.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55534 is a reply to message #54471] Sun, 03 January 2010 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi JohnDoe, i have some questions.
How you could clean invisible walls between sites leadout which are between locations.
I try to make the same as you, only with location Darkwood by editing of file FinalAlbion.wld and change of maps in ChocolateBox, but at passage of one location the hero refuses to go further, rests in чтото. Help please.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55538 is a reply to message #55534] Sun, 03 January 2010 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
DrVooDoo - This is not my project. morerunes is the one behind The New World.
The problem is that you used ChocolateBox to extract the LEVs and TNGs from the WAD. ChocolateBox does not patch the LEVs so that the Hero can walk anywhere in the maps. Either you can use ChocolateBox to manually edit the walkable areas on the maps or you can use FreeRoam to extract the LEVs and patch them.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55564 is a reply to message #39589] Mon, 04 January 2010 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe, I install this mod and i have some troybles.
Such as at the picture.

1.46MB GIF removed.

And this trouble i have when i connect darkwood.How delete invisible wall`s betwen leadouts maps?

I must start a new game or not?

[Updated on: Mon, 04 January 2010 12:24] by Moderator

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55569 is a reply to message #55564] Mon, 04 January 2010 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Your problem is that you are not editing the userst.ini UseCompiledWorldFiles from TRUE to FALSE.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55574 is a reply to message #55569] Mon, 04 January 2010 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

On another note, make sure you deleted renamed your FinalAlbion.gtg file.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 January 2010 13:57]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55579 is a reply to message #55574] Mon, 04 January 2010 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
morerunes wrote on Mon, 04 January 2010 15:56

FinalAlbion.gtg
I don't think that's necessary and I also wouldn't recommend it... you can instead just edit the userst.ini UseCompiledGlobalThings from TRUE to FALSE.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55589 is a reply to message #55579] Mon, 04 January 2010 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Actually, from my experience it is necessary. I edited some markers, and changed UseCompiledGlobalThings from TRUE to FALSE and it still didn't work. All I had to do was rename it and it worked.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55600 is a reply to message #39589] Tue, 05 January 2010 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thx for help, I have solved this problem
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55654 is a reply to message #55600] Sat, 09 January 2010 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

[Updated on: Sun, 10 January 2010 10:17]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55660 is a reply to message #55654] Sun, 10 January 2010 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Round 2 over

[Updated on: Sun, 10 January 2010 18:07]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55662 is a reply to message #55660] Sun, 10 January 2010 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I think any of the background images you have there would be just fine, the only thing I'd say is that the text is garish. Dulling down the saturation and brightness would help it to blend better on the images instead of standing out so much.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55665 is a reply to message #55660] Sun, 10 January 2010 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Individual is currently offline  Individual
Round ones winner because it looks different...instead the others are all things we have seen before (except the weapons)

plus i like the way the first one looks Smile

INDIVIDUALITY - Always remember that you are special and unique, just like everybody else!

SOME PEOPLE - Are just like Slinkys. They aren't really good for anything but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55667 is a reply to message #55665] Sun, 10 January 2010 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Which one do you like best?[ 13 votes ]
1. Round 2's Semi-Finalist Modified 6 / 46%
2. Round 1's Winner 7 / 54%

Thanks JohnDoe, last poll I promise.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55671 is a reply to message #55667] Sun, 10 January 2010 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Oh man, I don't know. I like both of them a lot. Mmm, I'll vote for the first of the two, it's tranquil.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55680 is a reply to message #39589] Mon, 11 January 2010 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't understand why a new splah screen is needed because,
if this is fmp, we will have to load it with fable explorer to play it. if we don't the game will crash.
with fable explorer, the splash image won't come up so i don't get the point of this.
anyways, good splash image.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 January 2010 05:44]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55722 is a reply to message #55680] Thu, 14 January 2010 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your still up for suggestions...make is so the map doesn't appear in great wood/dark wood (because of the combined areas but the mini map looks ha ha funny). of course if thats not possible i see no harm in removing it completely

Clean up the walk areas the beta has some invisible walls half way across the path.

i like the idea to make the bridge buy able but im sure you have already decided its fate.

maybe you could try and make the game harder. and include an increasing difficulty as you get further in the game. i know it does that at the moment but it could be harder Smile

INDIVIDUALITY - Always remember that you are special and unique, just like everybody else!

SOME PEOPLE - Are just like Slinkys. They aren't really good for anything but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55728 is a reply to message #55722] Thu, 14 January 2010 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I think this mod will be released with different pieces that you can choose to install, and I might ask chaos for some of his re-balancing fmp's.

Yeah, I am going to kill the map, but could you tell me where you found invisible walls? There are a few, but only in places you shouldn't walk anyway.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55729 is a reply to message #55728] Thu, 14 January 2010 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, now that i think about it...(and take another look) it all follows what you said you should walk anyway. like over leaves and stuff

the main one i was talking about is in the uploaded pic and maybe you could either fence it or make an exception.

let me know how particular you want me to be about the others. of course this is probably a waste of time that you could be using to continue proper progress of the mods...so im also happy for you to tell me to shh.

EDIT: oh god i forgot to say where it was... thats on the way to orchard farm from the lake.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 January 2010 23:26]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55734 is a reply to message #55729] Thu, 14 January 2010 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Where is that? Orchard farm?

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55738 is a reply to message #55734] Fri, 15 January 2010 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes wrote on Thu, 14 January 2010 13:50

Where is that? Orchard farm?

look out point.
dude, your map is messed up.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55739 is a reply to message #55738] Fri, 15 January 2010 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Who's map is messed up?

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55765 is a reply to message #39589] Sat, 16 January 2010 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
individual's map.
tons of teleporters and lookout point that looks like greatwood.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55767 is a reply to message #55765] Sat, 16 January 2010 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Crad, I didn't even think to look at the minimap in that picture =p

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55803 is a reply to message #39589] Mon, 18 January 2010 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just an idea,
if you make or edit regions, you can also change the look of the mini map couldn't you?
i saw in the texture.big in fe there is a bunch of minimap textures.
if you can edit that texture you can make it so the minimaps in fable make sense!

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55805 is a reply to message #55803] Mon, 18 January 2010 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

except doing so would be rather difficult

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55807 is a reply to message #39589] Mon, 18 January 2010 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
and time consuming and boring. Very Happy

Previous Topic: Fable Conquest v3
Next Topic: Twinblades Sword - (Replaces Stick)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:44:21 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01348 seconds