Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Fable: The New World [WIP Topic - Release in Packages]
Re: Fable: The New World [message #56873 is a reply to message #56859] Fri, 16 April 2010 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Ah i see. Of course you could make it a part of a new quest, and you get the hilt of the sword at the end of it along with a modded augmentation that works with the spell which you get with the chest, and thus by using the spell, it triggers the augmentation effect.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #56878 is a reply to message #56873] Fri, 16 April 2010 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
asmcint wrote on Fri, 16 April 2010 14:46

Ah i see.
Do you? I don't think you understand the limitations we have...
asmcint wrote on Fri, 16 April 2010 14:46

Of course you could make it a part of a new quest, and you get the hilt of the sword at the end of it along with a modded augmentation that works with the spell which you get with the chest, and thus by using the spell, it triggers the augmentation effect.
Of course no you can't.

No new quests. Don't even talk about it. And no, you can't tie spells to augments. The two operate completely independent of each other and neither has any bearing on the other. What you have is the spell definitions and the CAugmentationDef (or is it CAugmentDef?), and it's all very limited.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #56879 is a reply to message #56878] Sat, 17 April 2010 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
I think it may be possible to do something similar to that last part, though. There are the effect morphs on the hero for alignment/will, would it be possible to use that on a weapon apply an effect that show depending on alignment/will(or even others, though I think that's less likely).

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #56880 is a reply to message #56879] Sat, 17 April 2010 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
nicomon wrote on Sat, 17 April 2010 02:28

I think it may be possible to do something similar to that last part, though. There are the effect morphs on the hero for alignment/will, would it be possible to use that on a weapon apply an effect that show depending on alignment/will(or even others, though I think that's less likely).
Well, I suppose you could give a specific weapon a clean CHeroMorphDef, no texture or skeletal morphs, and see if you can put different types of effects on it. And you could have different effects for fat, tall, strong, evil, good, will, all of those things. But none of those things are triggered by any spells... except berserk. It'd still be decorative, the effect wouldn't mean that there's an augment in effect. Hmm, I suppose someone could try it out. I think it might require some work with the mesh, helpers maybe, I forget what bounds the effects on the Hero but whatever it is needs the same concept copied over to this idea. And even if it works, all you have is a reactive effect.

But that's if it works. I expect crash.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #56885 is a reply to message #56880] Sat, 17 April 2010 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry I was just trying to give a few suggestions and I do understand(to a certain degree), your limitations. I'm just very imaginative. =P

Also I think if someone could do this request it would go great for evil gear in the new world. http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7509& ;amp ;start=0&

(yes i am saying that at least partly due to my want to have that in fable, but also because it WOULD go good.)

4-19-10 EDIT:
I just had a good idea. There's been plenty of talk of replacing the stick with a wooden sword in all sorts of different ways. Why not instead make it a simple short sword? (same hilt as the wooden sword but with a metal blade and best to have it same length.) I think that would also fit well into the idea of the hero attempting to fight off the bandits in the oakvale raid. It could do just a small bit more damage than the stick, as to keep the image of it being an actual sword. Maybe have someone running away from the raid drop it in their haste. I just think that would be nice to see in The New World. Very Happy

USE THE EDIT BUTTON PLEASE

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 April 2010 17:05] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable: The New World [message #57219 is a reply to message #39826] Mon, 17 May 2010 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rostik1010 is currently offline  rostik1010
Same, anything. i started editing Arena Exterior, changed the broken fence, put some statues, i'm still wokring on it, yet
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58033 is a reply to message #39589] Sat, 26 June 2010 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garagorn is currently offline  Garagorn
Still working on this?
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58116 is a reply to message #58033] Mon, 28 June 2010 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Garagorn wrote on Sat, 26 June 2010 11:44

Still working on this?

Depends on how you define 'working'

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58118 is a reply to message #58116] Mon, 28 June 2010 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nosferatu is currently offline  Nosferatu

morerunes wrote on Mon, 28 June 2010 17:35

Garagorn wrote on Sat, 26 June 2010 11:44

Still working on this?

Depends on how you define 'working'

probably like: still spending time on this.

Pain, Anger, Hate, Fear, Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Hell.

The Gates Are Open:

Gate 1: Darkness, The World Of Demons.
Gate 2: My Gaurds Are Watching You.
Gate 3: Only Evils Lives Here.
Gate 4: There's No Way Out.
Gate 5: Feel The Fire.
Gate 6: Pick Up Your Weapons And Fight.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58120 is a reply to message #58118] Mon, 28 June 2010 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Currently, no. Soon, yes. I plan on releasing it this summer, I've just got to get back in a rhythm

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58121 is a reply to message #58120] Mon, 28 June 2010 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

morerunes wrote on Tue, 29 June 2010 00:17

Currently, no. Soon, yes. I plan on releasing it this summer, I've just got to get back in a rhythm

Need any help ?

The Gates Are Open:

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58128 is a reply to message #58121] Tue, 29 June 2010 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Unless you want to make some cool weapons for me, there's not a heck of a lot left to do. Just got to put down two more chests and fill them with stuff. Then just put down some story-related things and put together Archon's Tower.

I'm about two or three weapons short of completing the mod, so I'll be browsing my weapon requests thread and picking out a few cool designs and modeling after those.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58131 is a reply to message #58128] Tue, 29 June 2010 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well I know nosferatu does good textures, if you need someone good at that, nosferatu can do it. I would volunteer myself but I still need to do simple stuff.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58133 is a reply to message #58131] Tue, 29 June 2010 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

asmcint wrote on Tue, 29 June 2010 20:52

Well I know nosferatu does good textures, if you need someone good at that, nosferatu can do it. I would volunteer myself but I still need to do simple stuff.

Thanks for those kind words man, i appreciate it.

And for you morerunes, maybe you'll like this.

Yup, drawn myself, i know i suck, dont tell me that.

The Gates Are Open:

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58134 is a reply to message #58133] Tue, 29 June 2010 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Not bad, just needs a hilt Wink

Also, you're still better than me, so I have no criticism on your drawing skills =p

I could use some axes, so that's a good idea

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58135 is a reply to message #58134] Tue, 29 June 2010 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Mattius his PM.

That is where i got the idea from, i tried to perfectionize it.

Got his permission.

Want me to make another axe? takes about 10 minutes think time and 5 minutes draw time so, just ask.

The Gates Are Open:

[Updated on: Tue, 29 June 2010 13:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58147 is a reply to message #58135] Wed, 30 June 2010 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Most of the problem is modeling and texturing the thing =p

The drawings are cool, but I'll still need to put together the models and textures, and there's plenty of examples around the forum.

Thanks, but no thanks

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58151 is a reply to message #58147] Wed, 30 June 2010 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

morerunes wrote on Wed, 30 June 2010 15:10

I'll still need to put together the models and textures,

i could do your textures.

The Gates Are Open:

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58798 is a reply to message #58151] Mon, 09 August 2010 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Well, my mod progress has been bricked. CBox isn't working, the region editor is just solid black, and I can't figure it out. So, until further notice progress with Fable: The New World has stopped.

I was so close to finishing it too Confused

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58800 is a reply to message #58798] Mon, 09 August 2010 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aztas05 is currently offline  Aztas05

Well poop... lol
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58801 is a reply to message #39589] Mon, 09 August 2010 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
ಠ_ಠ

"If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean buyer.
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58809 is a reply to message #58801] Mon, 09 August 2010 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

False Alarm! I am back in business

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58811 is a reply to message #39589] Mon, 09 August 2010 20:29 Go to previous message
Dorian Saignren
ಠ_ಠ dont scare us like that dude!

"If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean buyer.
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Previous Topic: Fable Conquest v3
Next Topic: Twinblades Sword - (Replaces Stick)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 09:15:35 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01954 seconds