Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » need help for making this noob tutorial for (XBOX SECTION)
icon1.gif  need help for making this noob tutorial for (XBOX SECTION) [message #39845] Fri, 04 April 2008 18:20 Go to next message
Bamont is currently offline  Bamont

ok i want to talk about the xbox mods for fable, i know that some of ya are tired about people asking how to mod fable and ssuch, well im making a GRADE A+ tutorial right now and i need some help perfecting it so this tutorial will guide all the noobs to modding the xbox fable, and so they will stop asking questions about how to mod it without the freezing.

ok now i gave alot of thought of reading tutorials and here in this website most people that post a tutorial are not getting it, so now im asking a little help

okay Silverback said something about renaming Cdef files if a mod changes them on xbox cause they all come out with blank names or somehting of that sort, if you dont rename them the game freezes on boot up so i heard.

ok this tutorial is what i made so far, and i need help on how to renaming cdefs files so my game can load up fine.

if i get an answer to this, this should resolve all noobs questions to xbox.

im going to put this GRADE A+ mod noob tutorial (XBOX) in the xbox section of the website.

this will prevent questions, and hopefully stop the questions
------------------------
table of contents-making an orgainizing folder
-APPS you need
-hexing the script.bin
-Free roam thatt works for xbox
-instructions to get FMP's up
=================
contents missing to help
- need help with Cdef renaming
############################
ok now the tutorial i am making
is step by step with every information you can describe in great detail
-----------------
INFORMATION ON XBOX NOTE: modding a xbox cant be explained here how to mod one, but i can give a description what it does, when modding a xbox, it turns your xbox into a FTP (File Transfer protocol) server which is the ability to transfer your files from one system to the next for such example; (xbox files sent to the PC)

STEP 1: organization
on your desktop it is for the best to make a folder called (FABLE MODS) on your desk top, inside that folder make a few new folders named as FABLE APPS, Finished mod files, .big files, unmodded files, hex editor and FMP.

STEP 2:REQUIRED APPLICATIONS
-Hex editor
-Fable explorer 4

-Free Roam (for spawnin & remove barriers)

-FABLE TOOLS(for convert to PC format)

-Xbox TOOLS (convert textures extra data to PC)

note put these in your APPS folder in fable mods
++++++++++++++++++++++
STEP 3:transfer

transfer the files, dialogue,text,fonts,graphics,textures.biz to the unmodded folder

and game,script,names.bin with it also

then copy the script,game,name.bin in the .bigs folder too

------------------------

STEP 4:Convert using the APPS

open up fable tools
you should see 3 tabs
WAD,BIZ,& BIG

Click the BIZ tab

you should see 2 boxes on top and 2 boxes on the bottom

lets click the first top box (click the browse button) now it should bring up a box, locate on your pc the unmodded files folder.

click the file but only one at a time

lets go ahead and click the dialogue.biz, now the 1st box should say the files location in fable tools

now click the second box
search for your .big files folder

and inside the browse box type at the bottom of the screen dialogue.big

then hit the decompress button

repeat the process naming all the files .big till you got all the biz files.

now this should have copied all the biz files into a big file format in the .big files

NOTE: no need to worry your unmodded files are not touched so there still clean and working fine.
---------------------------
STEP 5: hex editor script.bin

this will make the script .bin become PC format

open up a hex editor
and hit open in the file menu, locate the script.bin in the .big folder

it should pop up on the first line
these 5 #'s

00 76 B3 2D 49- this is the original value for xbox format

when your ever going to load script.bin in FE

make sure to change it to PC value which is this

00 AA 45 44 48- PC format

hit save let it save
for about 2 mins
then close hex editor

BONUS NOTE: open xbox TOOLs

and select convert and click textures

select the texture.big file in the .big folder
and then it shouls say textures XBOX to PC (OK NOW CLOSE) "for now"
-------------------
STEP: 6 Fable explorer 4 & FMP

open fable explorer click file and open up the .big folder, select thhe files, make sure not to click the same one twice, cause it will lock up and shut off, when you have all the .big files in the list on FE

then file and open and click the drop downbox saying .big archive and select the .Bin Archive

then select names first then
games then script.bin
--------------------
STEP 7: FMP Load up

some PC's load up for the xbox as FMP's others dont

just be safe with xbox FMP's for now until safer other wise

apply any FMP's you want in the fmp folder using FE
---------------------

STEP 8: recompile to finish

when you finish adding the fmp's right clickc the bigs and hit recompile it brings up the browsing box, select finished mod folder
and type all the files names the same for each specific one you recompile. example right click dialogue.big and hit recompile
and save it as dialogue.big
it should save it with the fmp's in the folder
do this for all.big

then for the .bins right click and save as, and name them the same for each specific folder.

then your done, close FE
--------------------
reconvert everything back to normal

OPEN xbox tools reconvert textures back to PC and script back to game

this will reset the hex, so you dont have to do it manually on the script

then open FABLE tools

and go to the bottom first box and look for your .big files in your fnished folder.

then in the 2nd box save as.biz files for each specific name giving
in the finished folder.
-----------------------
FINISHED: send back to xbox in all the directories over writed with the modded files

something is missing in this last part of the section.

please tell me what else i am missing or did i do something wrong here?

cause my game freezes on boot up doing this

when i get the game working with my fmps im going to release this tutorial as working and perfect for noobs to follow.

TUTORIAL DEMO CREDIT
goes to me
-Bamont

gimme any knowledge

[Updated on: Fri, 04 April 2008 18:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: need help for making this noob tutorial for (XBOX SECTION) [message #39846 is a reply to message #39845] Fri, 04 April 2008 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
You may want to provide Fable and XBox Tools as even with extensive searching are hard to come by.
For the other apps, I'd recommend linking to where you can get them.
icon1.gif  BUT I NEED HELP [message #39847 is a reply to message #39846] Fri, 04 April 2008 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bamont is currently offline  Bamont

i need help with this tutorial. i need help with Cdef renaming can anyone explain the process, then ill test it out see if the fmp's work on the xbox, and if they do my tutorial is complete then ill post this with all credit and links in the xbox section

but this is a demo im not releasing the links till the full thing comes out :/

my game crashed on boot up, so i need a little more advice what do i need else to do?

gimme any knowledge

[Updated on: Sat, 05 April 2008 07:16]

Re: need help for making this noob tutorial for (XBOX SECTION) [message #41811 is a reply to message #39845] Sat, 31 May 2008 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Versago is currently offline  Versago
Lol I'm a complete noob I'm stuck on the transferring files, could you explain how please? I'm confused Sad

lol, ok I now know I need a modded xbox there should be one in my house...

[Updated on: Sat, 31 May 2008 03:47]

Re: need help for making this noob tutorial for (XBOX SECTION) [message #41812 is a reply to message #39845] Sat, 31 May 2008 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
I still recommend the xdk if your running an original (modded) xbox. Gives access to the drives via winows explorer as well as the abilty to reboot the console, takes screen/vid caps and a few other things. It even runs under Vista (albeit not perfectly).

I'm guessing it's still out there on the interwebs so google is your friend if you're interested in getting it.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.

[Updated on: Sat, 31 May 2008 07:05]

Re: need help for making this noob tutorial for (XBOX SECTION) [message #41861 is a reply to message #39845] Sun, 01 June 2008 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Versago is currently offline  Versago
I have the action replay for xbox could i use that, if so could you tell me how please?

P.S thanks satan i'll have a look around.
Re: need help for making this noob tutorial for (XBOX SECTION) [message #41872 is a reply to message #39845] Sun, 01 June 2008 11:02 Go to previous message
Satan

Administrator
The action replay is used to transfer saves. Its used in some dashboard mods also but not much can be done with it really.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Previous Topic: Cleaning
Next Topic: Fatal Error While Re-Installing Fable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:34:27 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01633 seconds