Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Editing Chests...
Editing Chests... [message #39859] Sat, 05 April 2008 22:04 Go to next message
Biznaz is currently offline  Biznaz
Hello Smile I'm new to modding and i searched through chest editing guides and they dont help me at all Sad What i did was opened freeroam (then hit file / open) went to the fable folder clicked FinalAlbion.wad Ripped it, made a new folder called "Fable WAD dumper" in the data section and loaded "The God Box" tng... put that in the "FinalAlbion" folder in my Fable WAD Dumper folder (wich was the Guild demon door outside the guild Smile) then moved FinalAlbion.wad to "My Documents" i run fable then i get some Runtime error everytime i load my profile then i put the FinalAlbion.wadback into the levels folder then it works and i get no runtime error.

Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated Very Happy
Re: Editing Chests... [message #39863 is a reply to message #39859] Sun, 06 April 2008 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
FinalAlbion should be placed in the Levels folder. This is found in Program files\microsoft games\fble - the lost chapters\data\ (assuming you used the default install path.

So in summary you should have your ripped files here:

C:\program files\microsoft games\fable - the lost chapters\data\levels\finalalbion.

If the tng and lev files are anywhere else the game will not function.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 April 2008 12:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Editing Chests... [message #39864 is a reply to message #39863] Sun, 06 April 2008 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow man, thank you so much i didnt realize how far off i was XD TYSM!!!
Re: Editing Chests... [message #39865 is a reply to message #39864] Sun, 06 April 2008 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woah ... i replied to soon ... still get an error ... i followed this guy's guide http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=13979& amp;&srch=Editing+chests#msg_13979 ... is there something that he didnt put in this guide?
Re: Editing Chests... [message #39866 is a reply to message #39865] Sun, 06 April 2008 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Boom. I never liked D00M3D2's guide.
Re: Editing Chests... [message #39871 is a reply to message #39866] Mon, 07 April 2008 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did exactly what was said in your guide too ... same error ... But thank you for the help Very Happy
Re: Editing Chests... [message #39872 is a reply to message #39871] Mon, 07 April 2008 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
Okay tell me what items you want and I'll whip up a script for you. (from there after you can use it as an exaple for other chest's) I'll also give you a small guide to tell you what I changed. (do not expect people to do this for you again I just thought it might be helpful to teach you this way.) if you want the god box then I'll try to see what's wrong with it then give you a script that works. (that may actually be the problem because if I remember correctly that mod never worked for me either)

Dammit

[Updated on: Mon, 07 April 2008 14:11]

Re: Editing Chests... [message #39873 is a reply to message #39872] Mon, 07 April 2008 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Biznaz wrote on Mon, 07 April 2008 15:58

i did exactly what was said in your guide too ... same error ... But thank you for the help Very Happy
Could you be just a little more descriptive?

First off, what is the error?

Does Fable run at all?
Do you get prompted to use safe mode?
Do you get a missing world D error or something of the sort?
Do you get a different runtime error?
Does it exit loading the game?
Does it exit loading the save?

Does Fable crash?
Is it a crash going to the region where the chest is?
Is it a crash when opening the chest?
Is it a crash using something taken out of the chest?

Does Fable hang?
Does it just get stuck when you open the chest?

Secondly, what's your levels folder setup?
You should have something as follows:
\data\
 Levels\
  +FinalAlbion\
   -*.tng
   -*.lev
 creature_hub.lev
 creature_hub.tng
 FinalAlbion.bwd
 FinalAlbion.gtg
 FinalAlbion.qst
 FinalAlbion_RT.stb
 FinalAlbion.wld
 GlobalQuests.qst
You'll notice that all the .TNGs and .LEVs go in the FinalAlbion folder except the creature_hub set.

You'll also notice that the setup is "\data\Levels\FinalAlbion\" not "\data\Levels\Levels\FinalAlbion\" in case you skipped my heavily emphasized "dump in the data folder" step.

Another important thing to notice here is that FinalAlbion.wad is not here. You can delete it, move it to another folder, or just rename it, but if FinalAlbion.wad is still FinalAlbion.wad and is still in \data\Levels\ then Fable will run off of that and not off of .LEVs and .TNGs.

Lastly, please post your chest script. There are practically gazillions of errors that can be made in a TNG script, but chests are of the most notable to new members. Anyway, post your script and I'll tell you where the problem is, if there is one.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 April 2008 14:35]

Re: Editing Chests... [message #39874 is a reply to message #39873] Mon, 07 April 2008 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay don't download the god box mod it doesn't work for me either!!! heres a script and a tng for something similar. The tng is just oldboy's mod turned into a tng.
Example script:
NewThing Object;
Player 4;
UID 42946741894686298676;
DefinitionType "OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE";
ScriptData "NULL";
ThingGamePersistent TRUE;
ThingLevelPersistent TRUE;
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 0.0;
PositionY 0.0;
PositionZ 0.0;
RHSetForwardX 0.998439;
RHSetForwardY 0.055748;
RHSetForwardZ 0.0;
RHSetUpX -0.000054;
RHSetUpY 0.000975;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCTargeted;
Targetable TRUE;
EndCTCTargeted;
StartCTCEditor;
EndCTCEditor;
StartCTCChest;
ContainerContents[0] "OBJECT_ANY_OBJECT_YOU_WANT";
ContainerContents[1] "OBJECT_ANY_OBJECT_YOU_WANT";
ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

uid: the game uses this to identify the item as unique. you must make this completely different from any other uid's you can use the uid generator in aboin explorer to make sure that you make a unique uid. this also must have exactly 20 numbers or digits in it.

position x, y, and z: these are the parts that determine the position of the chest. an easy way to correctly get a working position is to take the x, y, and z positions from another object and change them 2 or 3 notches, but make sure not to change the z position any though.

ContainerContents[0] this is the number of the object in the chest. it must always start from 0 and go up from there.

the rest of the script you shouldn't edit because it might mess it up and crash the game.

Dammit

[Updated on: Mon, 07 April 2008 16:38]

Re: Editing Chests... [message #39880 is a reply to message #39874] Mon, 07 April 2008 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
You know, I didn't want to say anything, but it's a generally acceptable practice to encourage people to figure out their own problems rather than do the work for them. Of course helping them figure out the problem and helping them fix it is good, but just doing the work for them encourages laziness.

Once someone learns how to troubleshoot his own problems, he won't ask any of the same questions next time he runs into the same problem because he'll know how to fix it.

I think there's a saying like that... "If you give a hungry man a fish, he'll be hungry tomorrow. If you teach him how to fish, he'll never be hungry again." or something to that extent.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 April 2008 16:23]

Re: Editing Chests... [message #39881 is a reply to message #39880] Mon, 07 April 2008 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I posted that just because he didn't seem to be learning any other way. I didn't do the work for him because as you can see by looking at the script I put pretty much useless items in the chest. plus he would have to change the position himself because I made it so that he could only put it in one spot in the guild exterior tng unless he moved it himself.
Edit: I edited the first post so that he had to figure out the position himself and find his own objects to put in it.

Dammit

[Updated on: Mon, 07 April 2008 16:40]

Re: Editing Chests... [message #39882 is a reply to message #39881] Mon, 07 April 2008 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Not exactly what I meant, but whatever.
I meant in troubleshooting the problem, without knowing the problem, it could be anything. That said, he didn't specify what the problem was. So while the chest script might very well be a problem, it's not necessarily the only problem.
The position and contents of the chest might not even be the problem at all, as it's more commonly a syntax problem.

Don't underestimate people, anyone can learn.
Re: Editing Chests... [message #39898 is a reply to message #39882] Tue, 08 April 2008 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understand what your saying ... but i mean ... i read every single guide and nothing works ... and im pretty good with computers Very Happy somehow i dont get this
Re: Editing Chests... [message #39899 is a reply to message #39898] Tue, 08 April 2008 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Do not pass go, do not collect $200, go directly to post #39873.
Re: Editing Chests... [message #39908 is a reply to message #39899] Wed, 09 April 2008 03:36 Go to previous message
ooooo .... ok .... now it works .... i didnt extract the WHOLE Tng and Lev patch thingy Sad and i missed a step in your guide lol thank you guys for all ur help Smile maybe ... i'll make my own guide ... once i mastered editing chests that is XD
Previous Topic: Where do I find the names to spawn everything?
Next Topic: Looking for a Tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:26:11 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01603 seconds