Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » WINGS in fable WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA????
WINGS in fable WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA???? [message #40713] Fri, 02 May 2008 23:24 Go to next message
liberatorracing is currently offline  liberatorracing

hey guys someone prob asked for this alreadly but is thier a chance that ucould add wings to fable for your hero cause that would look sik

thier are few ways i can say this no way hos A, No chance lance, or my personal favorite man falling of cliff NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: WINGS in fable WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA???? [message #41818 is a reply to message #40713] Sat, 31 May 2008 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FableDude is currently offline  FableDude
my friends friend actually made augmentations were if you put it n a weapon it gives you giant bat wings or huge angel wings, but its just a rumor.
Re: WINGS in fable WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA???? [message #41819 is a reply to message #41818] Sat, 31 May 2008 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
FableDude wrote on Sat, 31 May 2008 11:34

my friends friend
FableDude wrote on Sat, 31 May 2008 11:34

but its just a rumor.
Unsubstantiated claim. I do not appreciate this. Such things make me want to throw rocks at people.
Re: WINGS in fable WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA???? [message #41915 is a reply to message #40713] Mon, 02 June 2008 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
asando06 wrote on Sun, 01 June 2008 17:07

Confused so then is adding wings possible at all??
Yea, just not in the way FableDude had said about the rumor of his "friends friend". I've been working on it for a while, still have a few things to iron out and test.
FableDude wrote on Sun, 01 June 2008 18:16

don't get your self down man they'll find and answer for it im sure. i know they can do it.....right guys? Surprised
If you don't know, don't answer. And don't speak for anyone but yourself.
FableDude wrote on Sun, 01 June 2008 18:19

hey JohnDoe i know u read my new spells please request, do you have a mod for that or not if u do thats great i appreciate it. Smile
You could ask in that thread... I told you what's possible, just find out how to do it and do it, it's nothing that special or unique that I absolutely must drop everything I'm doing now to fulfill your request.
Master_Bankai wrote on Sun, 01 June 2008 18:39

Thank you for accepting that he was stupid and berating him for it, makes me feel warm and fuzzy knowing that stupidity is still not really tolerated. well...... excessive stupidity anyway.

Pot, you do realize you're putting down the kettle, don't you?
FableDude wrote on Sun, 01 June 2008 18:42

ok now thats just a weee bit overboard Confused
Setting aside the fact that it is the internet, and those who are easily offended should stay off of it, you shouldn't pay any mind to him.
Re: WINGS in fable WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA???? [message #41934 is a reply to message #41915] Mon, 02 June 2008 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
An off-topic reply to FableDude
Now, let me try to redirect this back on topic.

I made a post here that would help give anyone who has yet to see it a general idea of where I was at about three weeks ago. Not much has changed since, but I'm still working out ideas.
Excerpts of a post I wrote on Sat, 17 May 2008 22:38

Custom bone stuff is somewhat feasible but it has its fair share of drawbacks.

This was my most previous semi-public (now completely public) attempt at adding bones.

The problem will be the same though as the animations had brought about unexpected problems. You can move the bones around, but the animations seem to put them back where they're supposed to be.

Why? I don't know. In the clip (bad screen capture software, sorry, has since been improved) you'll notice that the wings and the Hero are not aligned. The reason this is weird is because both the Hero and the dragon (wings) were upright both on import and export. Other changes made include bringing the wings closer together and re-rigging all of the bones a bit. So why they're messed up is a mystery to me.

What this means, though, is that the anims push the bones to where they're supposed to be, so any new creature would have to be (re-)modeled to fit with an existing creature so that the existing anims don't stretch and skew the model and make it all weird, that or make new anims (let's just not discuss this one).
Now, if anyone would like to contribute some ideas or has anything useful to say, please, by all means, share.
Re: WINGS in fable WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA???? [message #41938 is a reply to message #41934] Mon, 02 June 2008 08:27 Go to previous message

Retired
I was using the dragon wings, scaled them down quite a bit and had them coming directly out of the Hero's back. You'll notice that I mentioned that the anims were pushing the bones back to where they belong, which is why the wings are separated and not attached to the Hero. I'm still throwing a few things together to get that working right.

As for making the appearance based on alignment, that could be done with a CAppearanceModifierDef if I made it a clothing item. Not sure how that would work with animations though. If I were to make it a clothing item, I'd have to either attach the wings to all shirts (if the wings themselves are a shirt item, you couldn't wear other shirts, like Jack's mask and helmets/hats).

There's a few things I still need to figure out, besides the obvious "why the hell does that happen and how do I fix it?". I'm not sure how the clipping prevention would be handled, like if I were to wear a shirt, if the wings would still be there. Another thing I'm not too familiar with is getting the Hero to do things that he isn't meant to do, like flap his wings. I'm thinking about having him do it as if it was of one of his idle animations, but I'd like to see if I could get the wings flapping while another animation is going, like sword swing + wings flap, roll + wings withdraw, standing in one spot staring around like a moron + wings stretch, etc. so that it would appear more natural and not something that has to be done voluntarily.

Now if only someone has done this before and could resolve my problems and give me some advice. Razz
Previous Topic: minimaps
Next Topic: Hair Color- Customize
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 04:39:29 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01128 seconds