Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » The real Assasin Outfit
The real Assasin Outfit [message #40734] Sat, 03 May 2008 06:02 Go to next message
ross is currently offline  ross
I am requesting the outfit that the assasing wear in the game.
Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #40816 is a reply to message #40734] Mon, 05 May 2008 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xeon is currently offline  Xeon

Not a big modder myself, actually I just test and play them, but anyway this sounds like a possible thing. Hmmm what would the name be?

Bandit Assassin Hood
Bandit Assassin Shirt
Bandit Assassin Pants

Or just:

Rogue Hood
Rogue Shirt
Rogue Pants
Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #40826 is a reply to message #40734] Mon, 05 May 2008 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
I think it would be neither. Maybe Assassi-rogue Very Happy

Anyway, your no big modder, then how are you going to do this.
By my understanding (i don't have an understanding Very Happy ) you'd
have to upload the mesh/texture into a model app. (such as
Blender) and then apply it to make a mod.

Plus there's been a post before about this topic and they either
said it was impossible or hard.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif
Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #40830 is a reply to message #40826] Mon, 05 May 2008 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
Not impossible, just kinda hard

Dammit
Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #40835 is a reply to message #40826] Mon, 05 May 2008 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn wrote on Mon, 05 May 2008 17:33

I think it would be neither. Maybe Assassi-rogue Very Happy

Anyway, your no big modder, then how are you going to do this.
By my understanding (i don't have an understanding Very Happy ) you'd
have to upload the mesh/texture into a model app. (such as
Blender) and then apply it to make a mod.

Plus there's been a post before about this topic and they either
said it was impossible or hard.

No, not impossible. Its hard to make any type of new clothing becuase of the texturing. Its that way with any.
Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #40836 is a reply to message #40835] Mon, 05 May 2008 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
[quote title=ross wrote on Mon, 05 May 2008 17:18]
The New Fabled Ravrn wrote on Mon, 05 May 2008 17:33

No, not impossible. Its hard to make any type of new clothing becuase of the texturing. Its that way with any.

Hmm, deja vu, James Butts, have you heard this before? Laughing

[EDIT] Just kidding, and this is my first time with a quote, so
it says i wrote what you said, didn't want to delete much.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif

[Updated on: Mon, 05 May 2008 15:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #40837 is a reply to message #40836] Mon, 05 May 2008 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
How about you're all wrong? Unless any of you can tell me anything about how to use 3D apps then none of you really know anything about this.

It is very possible.

You need to export the model from the graphics.big (possible).
You need to import it into a modeling program like 3DS (possible).
You need to remove pieces of the model like skin and hair, leaving what will be the clothing items (possible).
You need to line up the model with the Hero's model (well, not really need to, but I would recommend it so that it doesn't look weird, and yea, this is possible).
You need to break the model into pieces, left boot, right boot, trousers, shirt, gloves, helmet/hat/mask, horns, hair, be it facial or otherwise (possible).
You need to bone it and rig the models to the bones (possible, if time consuming).
You need to make sure all of the bones are right so that it doesn't look weird in-game (feet walking off without your legs, or so it would seem, and this is possible).
You need to do a quick checklist to make sure Fable won't have a hissyfit with your model, simple things that might make it cry (possible).
You need to export the models as individual pieces (possible).
You need to import the models into the graphics.big using FE (possible).
You need to assign the models textures (possible, and easy because it can use the same textures, ZOMGZ!).
You need to make edits to the game.bin by either hijacking an existing clothing set's entries or making your own (possible).
You need to spawn the clothing items in-game (possible, but with our latest members, chests are out of the question).

The difficulty in new clothing is not so much the level of modeling skill needed, but rather the high tolerance for frustration and more than just a handful of time.
Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #40838 is a reply to message #40837] Mon, 05 May 2008 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 05 May 2008 18:46

How about you're all wrong? Unless any of you can tell me anything about how to use 3D apps then none of you really know anything about this.

It is very possible.

You need to export the model from the graphics.big (possible).
You need to import it into a modeling program like 3DS (possible).
You need to remove pieces of the model like skin and hair, leaving what will be the clothing items (possible).
You need to line up the model with the Hero's model (well, not really need to, but I would recommend it so that it doesn't look weird, and yea, this is possible).
You need to break the model into pieces, left boot, right boot, trousers, shirt, gloves, helmet/hat/mask, horns, hair, be it facial or otherwise (possible).
You need to bone it and rig the models to the bones (possible, if time consuming).
You need to make sure all of the bones are right so that it doesn't look weird in-game (feet walking off without your legs, or so it would seem, and this is possible).
You need to do a quick checklist to make sure Fable won't have a hissyfit with your model, simple things that might make it cry (possible).
You need to export the models as individual pieces (possible).
You need to import the models into the graphics.big using FE (possible).
You need to assign the models textures (possible, and easy because it can use the same textures, ZOMGZ!).
You need to make edits to the game.bin by either hijacking an existing clothing set's entries or making your own (possible).
You need to spawn the clothing items in-game (possible, but with our latest members, chests are out of the question).

The difficulty in new clothing is not so much the level of modeling skill needed, but rather the high tolerance for frustration and more than just a handful of time.

Exactly Wink. Right on mate. What I said Smile. I still wan't to know where to get that 3DS 8 thing that you use!
Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #40840 is a reply to message #40838] Mon, 05 May 2008 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
ross wrote on Mon, 05 May 2008 18:39

I still wan't to know where to get that 3DS 8 thing that you use!
You buy it. If you're extremely lucky, you can find some college kid with a student license who just so happens to be in a tight pinch for money and is willing to sell any amount of high-end software for low-end prices.

I don't have the newest version, which is fine because the newer versions have some minor issues with their DirectX plugins.

7 - Haven't tried it.
8 - Import is questionable, export is perfect.
9 - Can't remember. I had the trial some time ago, if I remember correctly there were a few issues.
2008 - Had this trial too. Import is still questionable, export has some problems as far as animated models go. Static models are fine if the helpers are set up right.
2009 - I've yet to try this one. Not sure if you'll even be able to find decent plugins for this.
Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #40842 is a reply to message #40840] Mon, 05 May 2008 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 05 May 2008 19:54

ross wrote on Mon, 05 May 2008 18:39

I still wan't to know where to get that 3DS 8 thing that you use!
You buy it. If you're extremely lucky, you can find some college kid with a student license who just so happens to be in a tight pinch for money and is willing to sell any amount of high-end software for low-end prices.

I don't have the newest version, which is fine because the newer versions have some minor issues with their DirectX plugins.

7 - Haven't tried it.
8 - Import is questionable, export is perfect.
9 - Can't remember. I had the trial some time ago, if I remember correctly there were a few issues.
2008 - Had this trial too. Import is still questionable, export has some problems as far as animated models go. Static models are fine if the helpers are set up right.
2009 - I've yet to try this one. Not sure if you'll even be able to find decent plugins for this.

Thank you John! I will look in to it!

Edit: F that. Thats absolutly propostorous. My hopes are for it to fall out of the sky at this point Smile.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 May 2008 17:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #43770 is a reply to message #40734] Tue, 08 July 2008 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Altair is currently offline  Altair
I know your question is kinda old but something easy you can do is go to creature and find creature_assassin open that up and click graphic. right click that ID number and copy it.

Now go to creature_hero and open it up. Click graphic. Now get rid of that ID number and replace it via paste. MAKE SURE YOU REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL ID NUMBER!

Click apply changes. Now save mods and run fable.

If you want your original hero back, switch the ID number back. It's really easy. index.php?t=getfile&id=6501&private=0
Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #43772 is a reply to message #40734] Tue, 08 July 2008 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
That's also lame.

Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #43790 is a reply to message #40734] Wed, 09 July 2008 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your also lame.
Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #43791 is a reply to message #40734] Wed, 09 July 2008 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
No, because i don't switch a model and call it a suit. Skin wieghting is what you need to do, and there are over 5 million [/exaggeration] requests for this suit, so it'll probably be done.

You best hope is to change a clothing's appearacne modfier and wait until the real thiny comes out.

Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #43859 is a reply to message #40734] Fri, 11 July 2008 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally I am too lazy for that and I'm not skilled enough. Just thought you may want to know another way to make yourself look like the assassins.
Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #43860 is a reply to message #40734] Fri, 11 July 2008 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
Okay, since you've stated that you basically suck at that type of things, i'll tell you a way similar to that, but you can still have your original model.

1.Follow This Tutorial up until you have to change the model of the clothing peice.
[NOTE]I would advise you to make a whole new entry or just something like the Assassin Trousers

2.Instead of changing the model to a dreadwing or Wardog, change it to the Assassin.

3.Now you think "Yay! A cheap way to make armour! Yay!" well, you're not done yet. If you were to release that as a mod, the hero's head and the assassin's head would be there at the same time, so he'd look odd.

For a better way of making a "cheap" outfit:
1.After you have the whole clothing model (the assassin) go to a hat.

2.Go into CDefs and go to "CAppearanceModifier".

3.Go to the "Appearance Model ID" or something, and change that to a seperate model's head ID.

Example: If you want to wear the assassin outfit with only the assassin's head showing, go into the graphics.big. When you would normally change the clothing model to a whole CREATURE model, just finda aprt of the body, preffearably a head (i.e.- bandit head 01) and put the ID in there for the hat's modifier.

This may seem complicated and probably wrong, but changing the hat's model ID to something that ISN'T a whole model, makes it invisable.

Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #43896 is a reply to message #43770] Sun, 13 July 2008 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Critter is currently offline  Critter
hey can u make that into a FMP? i can't get the switch to work. -.-
Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #43897 is a reply to message #43896] Sun, 13 July 2008 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Waspp is currently offline  Waspp

This is not hard.
This dose not take long time to do.
This is what i will do when i have time (when i'm bored* >.<)
This is quite simple

And THIS \/ is where i will post results later, gl hf bbq.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/_-Waspp-_/Wasppnews ig2-1.jpg
Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #44334 is a reply to message #43897] Mon, 28 July 2008 12:22 Go to previous message
DeadRyu is currently offline  DeadRyu
LOL assassin outfir yeah right in any time frame most assassins wore complte body raping suck as a type of ninja out maybe more skintight maybe a lil baggy but w/e floots your boat
Previous Topic: Frostmourne ( Warcraft )
Next Topic: possibly capes?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:24:46 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01324 seconds