Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » new mods dnt show up
new mods dnt show up [message #40864] Tue, 06 May 2008 00:58 Go to next message
slipnoth is currently offline  slipnoth
ok so i spawn chests and all that and put the new weapon mods in them
but when i open the chest it doesnt give me the item instead it just stands still... everything is moving but i cant control the charactter.. what am i doing wrong?

and yes i do load the mods into fable explorer and i can find them there like OBJECT_HERO_TROUSER_JACK..
i put it in a spawned chest but it doesnt show up... the chest does but not the item inside

do i have to rename the other finalalbion files?
i only renamed finalalbion.wad...

[Updated on: Tue, 06 May 2008 01:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: new mods dnt show up [message #40875 is a reply to message #40864] Tue, 06 May 2008 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

no, sounds like a save game problem, try changing the uid of the chest

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: new mods dnt show up [message #40877 is a reply to message #40864] Tue, 06 May 2008 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
slipnoth wrote on Tue, 06 May 2008 02:58

when i open the chest it doesnt give me the item instead it just stands still... everything is moving but i cant control the charactter.. what am i doing wrong?
Excerpt: ZOMGZ Chests!

If an object is called but doesn't exist, for example, OBJECT_TOF, it is skipped. If it's the only object in the chest, or if all the objects are non-existent, you will freeze and be unable to move, stuck staring at the inside of a glowing chest. Fable doesn't die from this, but you have to kill it to get out, so Fable dies.
Make sure you used the mod properly and make sure you are calling the right item. That's all there is to that one.
Re: new mods dnt show up [message #40947 is a reply to message #40864] Wed, 07 May 2008 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg i got it working!!
it was effin vistas fault...
i had to take ownership of the files...
thanks to your link!
Re: new mods dnt show up [message #40966 is a reply to message #40864] Thu, 08 May 2008 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
It's not a tool's fault if you don't know how to use it properly, it's yours.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: new mods dnt show up [message #40994 is a reply to message #40966] Thu, 08 May 2008 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan wrote on Thu, 08 May 2008 09:57

It's not a tool's fault if you don't know how to use it properly, it's yours.

i didnt make the tool
therefor it is not my fault...
it is vistas fault...i didnt tell it to block everything
it has a mind of its own!
if it wasnt buggy and messed up
then it would be my fault
Re: new mods dnt show up [message #40996 is a reply to message #40994] Thu, 08 May 2008 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
slipnoth wrote on Thu, 08 May 2008 20:47

i didnt make the tool
therefor it is not my fault...
You didn't write the dictionary either, but it's not Merriam's fault you can't spell.
slipnoth wrote on Thu, 08 May 2008 20:47

it is vistas fault...i didnt tell it to block everything
it has a mind of its own!
if it wasnt buggy and messed up
then it would be my fault
A lot of people refer to this as user error. By not taking the time to learn about your new operating system, not taking into account that it operates differently, and assuming that it works like XP is in fact user error. You're not qualified to call it buggy if you don't know how it works.
Re: new mods dnt show up [message #41010 is a reply to message #40864] Fri, 09 May 2008 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man the vista people must be giving you guys alot of http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8997/van20dyke2nu5.jpg !!
defensive over a "I have a potty mouth"
vistaa sucks http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/1048/fullstoprg7.png
its not user friendly...
even the people who made it wouldnt defend it like you guys ffs...
its not perfect, nothing is, get over it

[Updated on: Fri, 09 May 2008 15:58] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: new mods dnt show up [message #41018 is a reply to message #41010] Fri, 09 May 2008 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I don't recall him ever saying it was perfect

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: new mods dnt show up [message #41020 is a reply to message #40864] Fri, 09 May 2008 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/4748/witnessthisepicthreadyt1.gif

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: new mods dnt show up [message #41428 is a reply to message #40864] Mon, 19 May 2008 13:14 Go to previous message
Kyomizero is currently offline  Kyomizero
Sorry Slip, but I'm gonna have to agree with the others on this one. Not learning about your system's setup, or any setup changes you may have made, is a user error. So it was your fault not the computers. The fact that Vista is even running the game is a miracle of it's own. The fact that it is running shows the system is set to allow game play, if you tamper with the system or game itself and it's not working that is a user error, especially with all the guides currently there to show you how to spawn a chest. And don't say that I'm defending Vista, cause I for one will never even go near Vista, I hate it. I'm a Windows XP guy, and until Windows gets back on track with OS's like XP then I'm not interested in any of their so called upgrades.

So please do us all a favor and learn how to accept responsibility for your own faults. Vista isn't perfect, this is true, but computers do not make mistakes, people make mistakes when they try and tamper with a system. Anything that your computer does that you think is wrong, is because of a person, not the computer itself. Any kind of tampering, even the starting up of a new system is User Fault, the computer only does what it's told. Whether you tell it to or someone else or by a program someone else told to run. Everything is User Fault.

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------

"Life is like an endless waltz, you can either dance along or get stepped on...."
Previous Topic: New Item
Next Topic: Alignment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:24:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01180 seconds