Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Actually Making mods  () 1 Vote
icon5.gif  Actually Making mods [message #40874] Tue, 06 May 2008 08:41 Go to next message
fablemaniac is currently offline  fablemaniac
There is a lot of talk on this forum about fable mods.But there is no thread(not that I know of)about actually making mods.I can do anything with Fable explorer,to my own game.I have a lot of ideas,but I dont know how to make a mod and post it here.

Can enyone help? Embarassed

FABLEMANIAC
-The Man Who Laughs

[Updated on: Tue, 06 May 2008 09:51] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Actually Making mods [message #40876 is a reply to message #40874] Tue, 06 May 2008 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

have you searched with the search button yet, or just looked around. I'm pretty sure there is something on it here, but if not I can whip something up real quick

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
icon14.gif  Re: Actually Making mods [message #40916 is a reply to message #40874] Wed, 07 May 2008 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok,you please do that!

FABLEMANIAC
-The Man Who Laughs

[Updated on: Sat, 10 May 2008 08:58] by Moderator

Re: Actually Making mods [message #40917 is a reply to message #40916] Wed, 07 May 2008 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

to save a mod, you need to know every game entry you changed

in FE, go to File>>Create Fable Mod Package, and drag everything you changed into the box, then click save fmp

not that not everything likes to be fmp'd, so in some cases if your fmp uses stuff like a CShopDef or a CAppearanceDef, then you may need to just have instructions on how to fix it, which I will not go into at this moment

hope this helped

[Updated on: Wed, 07 May 2008 04:46]

Re: Actually Making mods [message #40918 is a reply to message #40874] Wed, 07 May 2008 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old Boy spawned two chests by using one fmp. How?

FABLEMANIAC
-The Man Who Laughs
Re: Actually Making mods [message #40919 is a reply to message #40918] Wed, 07 May 2008 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

without using freeroam, you have access to FinalAlbion.wad

just open the .tng file you want, click export, make changes, then re-import it, apply changes, and use like any other mod

Re: Actually Making mods [message #40921 is a reply to message #40874] Wed, 07 May 2008 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know how to do all that...how do I pack it up and post it

FABLEMANIAC
-The Man Who Laughs
Re: Actually Making mods [message #40923 is a reply to message #40917] Wed, 07 May 2008 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
morerunes wrote on Wed, 07 May 2008 04:45

to save a mod, you need to know every game entry you changed

in FE, go to File>>Create Fable Mod Package, and drag everything you changed into the box, then click save fmp

not that not everything likes to be fmp'd, so in some cases if your fmp uses stuff like a CShopDef or a CAppearanceDef, then you may need to just have instructions on how to fix it, which I will not go into at this moment

hope this helped

it is like he said just drag everything you changed into the box and click save fmp that means that if you create something new like a sword there will be entries for textures,(not always its sometimes possible to use an already existing texture)new mesh text and Game entries but if you only want to change little stuff like restoring the sword of aeons to its original attack just save the entry and drag the individual file there and save the fmp and go to browse and then Upload File like i did

by the way the browse and upload is on the site not fable explorer.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 June 2009 21:38] by Moderator

Re: Actually Making mods [message #41038 is a reply to message #40874] Sat, 10 May 2008 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes,I know,but how do I make a mod that spawns a chest with a weapon and share it with you guys?

FABLEMANIAC
-The Man Who Laughs
Re: Actually Making mods [message #43213 is a reply to message #40874] Fri, 27 June 2008 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
Simply open fable explorer there should be a section on the left that dispalys finalalbion.wad if not you dont have the latest version if so you can download it from the site and once you see it open it and a list of .lev and .tng files will appear, find a map you want like lookoot point or picnic and save the tng files somewhere and open them with notepad then edit it. to put a weapon in a chest use a chest script which i will not make an example of just find one on the site and use one of the samples and when you are done import it back where it was make backups and save and run fable. also sorry for bumping
Re: Actually Making mods [message #43215 is a reply to message #40874] Fri, 27 June 2008 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
I noticed your post has "Original Sword of Aeons". It's against
the rules to post anything that's "orignial" be it through
PM'ing or posting.

It's not accepted here. If i am correct, take it down immediatly.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif
Re: Actually Making mods [message #45078 is a reply to message #40876] Fri, 22 August 2008 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ireland
I know you don't know me, but I have never used mods for fable only the trainers. Could you possibly send me an e-mail explaining to me step by step how to use fable explorer? I don't understand all the numbers and stuff and I badly want to use the mods, eplain to me like I was a child Embarassed or possibly tell me where I can find some kind of help page or something of that nature... any kind of help will do because I will admit I am not that bright Sad

HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS

[Updated on: Sun, 14 June 2009 16:55] by Moderator

Re: Actually Making mods [message #45096 is a reply to message #40874] Sun, 24 August 2008 06:45 Go to previous message
Satan

Administrator
We don't send emails by request. Any information we have is either here (which you can find with the search button) or on the wiki (which you can find with the wiki button).

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Previous Topic: Using CBox Object Builder
Next Topic: How to change on a item ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 14:33:55 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01654 seconds