Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Help Fable Explorer!
Help Fable Explorer! [message #41052] Sat, 10 May 2008 14:13 Go to next message
Hirozumi is currently offline  Hirozumi
Hey,
i am new here, and i have downloaded FE and some mods.
when i load them, en then click "Save mods and run Fable" it says:

" Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the appliciotn will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immiediately.

Acces to the patch 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\graphcis\graphics.big'is denied."

When i click continue, it wont start fable... if i retry it gives that error again...

I have backups, if i back up all the files i have to backup, and i try again, it still doesnt work...

What do i need to do to get it to work??
Thanks in advance...
Re: Help Fable Explorer! [message #41055 is a reply to message #41052] Sat, 10 May 2008 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
What OS are you using? If you say Vista I'll find you and hurt you for not reading the damn stickies.
Else check to make sure that the files are not read-only and aren't currently in use.
Re: Help Fable Explorer! [message #41057 is a reply to message #41055] Sat, 10 May 2008 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes vista yes..
But before you hurt me,
Ive looked in al Sub Forums, Looked at the sticks, but I couldnt find anything saying it WOULD'NT work on vista...
Re: Help Fable Explorer! [message #41058 is a reply to message #41057] Sat, 10 May 2008 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
If you looked through the stickies, you would have found my stickied post that would strongly imply that Vista WOULD cause issues. Otherwise what would be the point of my post? and it wouldn't be stickied if it wasn't important.

I'm tired of people blaming everyone other than themselves about this. These tools weren't designed with Vista in mind, as Vista was released after the bulk of these tools were made, so obviously they can't be expected to work without issues on Vista.

That said, you, as the Vista user, should learn how to use your OS before saying that the tools don't work.

Edit:
I'm not singling you out for having problems with Vista, as you are not the first, and sadly you're not going to be the last. I was making a generalization about all Vista users who come here with the same problem, thinking that their problem is unique and has never been faced or resolved before. In fact someone's already replaced you as the most recent Vista user to have issues. I did single you out for one thing though, you did say it didn't work.
Hirozumi wrote on Sat, 10 May 2008 16:13

it still doesnt work...
My grievance with this is that it works.

[Updated on: Sat, 10 May 2008 15:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help Fable Explorer! [message #41060 is a reply to message #41058] Sat, 10 May 2008 15:19 Go to previous message
I never blamed anything or anyone.
I never said i looked through all the stickys, so i prob. Overheaded and missed some sticks, so yeah, then its my dumb fault.
And i never Blamed the tools, you or me. No i do, but myself.
Anyways. Thanks for the sticky i missed to read.
Previous Topic: I need help!
Next Topic: NOOOOOB help, SOOOO CONFUSED!?!?!?!?!?!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:51:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01283 seconds