Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame)
Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41126] Sun, 11 May 2008 15:30 Go to next message
Xinj is currently offline  Xinj
Well. As im writing this im so frgin' pissed off i could eat a chair right now.

Ok, so, like many others, i have problems with spawning chests.
Followed many tutorials, finnaly found one that i could understand

(This one ->> http://forums.projectego.net/spawning-chests-1771/page13/)

But in every ''Help'' topic on this, 1000 of diffrent answers are give, 10 conversations crossing, 10 diffrent Methods, im just confused.

So this is what i have regarding chest info:

A Chest in the Hero Guild, this code:
NewThing Object;
Player 4;
UID 18446747854686296151;
DefinitionType "OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE";
ScriptName NULL;
ScriptData "NULL";
ThingGamePersistent FALSE;
ThingLevelPersistent FALSE;
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 186.190900;
PositionY 72.419920;
PositionZ 19.830150;
RHSetForwardX 1.000000;
RHSetForwardY 0.000000;
RHSetForwardZ 0.000000;
RHSetUpX 0.000000;
RHSetUpY 0.000000;
RHSetUpZ 1.000000;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCTargeted;
Targetable TRUE;
EndCTCTargeted;
StartCTCEditor;
AttachToGround TRUE;
EndCTCEditor;
StartCTCChest;
ContainerContents[0] "OBJECT_HERO_TROUSERS_JACK";
ContainerContents[1];
"OBJECT_HERO_SHIRT_JACK";
ContainerContents[2];
"OBJECT_HERO_BOOTS_JACK";
ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

It is located infront of the Silver Chest near the Combat Circle.

THIS is my C/Programfiles/Microsoftgames/Fable/Data/Levels

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/xinj/HelpforFableModding.jpg Sorry for the big size >.>

NOTE: Please note that i have already changed my FinalAlbion.wad into FinalAlbion.bak (Some intelligent person on this forum did that, but i cant remember who >.>)

Now the OVERAL Problem is that the Chest just wont appear.

Sorry for being an asshole, it's just that in everything I do, there is always a big ass final friging error in my way.
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41128 is a reply to message #41126] Sun, 11 May 2008 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

ContainerContents[1];
ContainerContents[2];

needs to be

ContainerContents[1] "OBJECT_HERO_SHIRT_JACK";
ContainerContents[2] "OBJECT_HERO_BOOTS_JACK";

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41129 is a reply to message #41128] Sun, 11 May 2008 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes wrote on Sun, 11 May 2008 16:21

ContainerContents[1];
ContainerContents[2];

needs to be

Yea, thought so, but its seems irrelevant to the fact it will spawn or not :S
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41130 is a reply to message #41129] Sun, 11 May 2008 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

you ended the container contents with a ; so it thinks it's the end, but I'm not sure if it would work even if you did just get rid of the ; at the end of ContainerContents[#]

Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41131 is a reply to message #41130] Sun, 11 May 2008 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes wrote on Sun, 11 May 2008 16:26

you ended the container contents with a ; so it thinks it's the end, but I'm not sure if it would work even if you did just get rid of the ; at the end of ContainerContents[#]

Dind't work >.> Altrough i did notice the ;'s now. Thanks for solving atleast that problem Very Happy

Now to just get that darn chest spawned.

If it helps:

I heard you need to have Absolutely NO othe rProfiles hwo have been in the area where youre chest spawned >.> Which would tottaly suck cause i just beaten the game with a good ass god character.

Is it true that you may not have any Save files/profiles?

Other thing i heard:
Look at the screen of my Data/levels folder. Its called FinalAlbion (The map that is) Shoulnd't that be FinalAlbion1? And the WAD File, does it NEED to be renamed (As i renamed it and Fable refused to start)

EDIT: Ok im pretty sure the problem lies in my Map make ups. Im having the feeling it will only grab the old maps

[Updated on: Sun, 11 May 2008 16:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41132 is a reply to message #41131] Sun, 11 May 2008 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

you need to have a save that has not been to that map to edit an already existing chest, or change the UID

Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41134 is a reply to message #41132] Sun, 11 May 2008 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes wrote on Sun, 11 May 2008 16:52

you need to have a save that has not been to that map to edit an already existing chest, or change the UID

A crystal clear answer, so if i have a Profile which HAVe been on the map, but the other one hasnt, it will work?
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41135 is a reply to message #41126] Sun, 11 May 2008 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deadisdeath is currently offline  deadisdeath
On the UID line, change the code to 184467####4187468629 (Replace the four # with random numbers)

If it still doesn't work follow this: (I presume you've downloaded Albion Explorer, and have it working)

* Open A.E.
* To the Top left hand corner click on the Maps tab, scroll down to HeroGuildComplex ( Can be any, but we'll go for this)
* Double click on it, then on the next screen, click World Editor.
* Zoom in until you can see lots of tiny green dots ( Or, for the more Intelligent out their, Objects)
* On the HeroGuildComplexInside tab clcik the + next to it.
* Then on NULL,
* Find OBJECT_SILVERKEY_CHEST_50.
* Click it.
* Replace the writing ( Or script) that appears with:

NewThing Object;
Player 4;
UID 184467####4187468629
ScriptName NULL;
ScriptData "NULL";
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 47.659912;
PositionY 33.154297;
PositionZ 55.0;
RHSetForwardX -0.743122;
RHSetForwardY 0.669122;
RHSetForwardZ 0.0;
RHSetUpX -0.000517;
RHSetUpY -0.000574;
RHSetUpZ 0.999994;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCTargeted;
Targetable TRUE;
EndCTCTargeted;
StartCTCEditor;
EndCTCEditor;
StartCTCChest;
ContainerContents[0] "";
ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

* Add your objects etc. and change the #'s in the UID.
* Apply changes...
* Now, zoom out, and you'll notice the green dot that you had selected just jumped across the Map, well click, and move it to an obvious place...
* Right click on the green dot, and click the To Ground tab.
* Exit and Save when promted.
* Load up Fable...

Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space.
Space monkey!
Ready to sacrifice himself for the greater good.
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41136 is a reply to message #41135] Sun, 11 May 2008 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deadisdeath wrote on Sun, 11 May 2008 17:22

On the UID line, change the code to 184467####4187468629 (Replace the four # with random numbers)

If it still doesn't work follow this: (I presume you've downloaded Albion Explorer, and have it working)

* Open A.E.
* To the Top left hand corner click on the Maps tab, scroll down to HeroGuildComplex ( Can be any, but we'll go for this)
* Double click on it, then on the next screen, click World Editor.
* Zoom in until you can see lots of tiny green dots ( Or, for the more Intelligent out their, Objects)
* On the HeroGuildComplexInside tab clcik the + next to it.
* Then on NULL,
* Find OBJECT_SILVERKEY_CHEST_50.
* Click it.
* Replace the writing ( Or script) that appears with:

NewThing Object;
Player 4;
UID 184467####4187468629
ScriptName NULL;
ScriptData "NULL";
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 47.659912;
PositionY 33.154297;
PositionZ 55.0;
RHSetForwardX -0.743122;
RHSetForwardY 0.669122;
RHSetForwardZ 0.0;
RHSetUpX -0.000517;
RHSetUpY -0.000574;
RHSetUpZ 0.999994;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCTargeted;
Targetable TRUE;
EndCTCTargeted;
StartCTCEditor;
EndCTCEditor;
StartCTCChest;
ContainerContents[0] "";
ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

* Add your objects etc. and change the #'s in the UID.
* Apply changes...
* Now, zoom out, and you'll notice the green dot that you had selected just jumped across the Map, well click, and move it to an obvious place...
* Right click on the green dot, and click the To Ground tab.
* Exit and Save when promted.
* Load up Fable...

Altrough i knew about how to edit everything this still might be a mayor help, however, i will test it tommorow, im tired of seeing the same cinematics ove rand over again when creating new profiles

Still no succes, but should i rename the wad file mabey?

[Updated on: Mon, 12 May 2008 04:30]

Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41165 is a reply to message #41126] Mon, 12 May 2008 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
* Sigh*

Does anyone have a Table that I can repetedly smash my head In to, until I either tire of Hurting myself, or achive the Final subgradient?

No, didn't think so...

Ok Xinj, two questions,

* Have you intalled Albion Explorer?

* Have you ran the FreeRoam app (Avidable from Wiki) and Ripped the FinalAlbion.wad?

* If you have done the above, then yes, Re- name, or delete the FinalAlbion.wad, then your chest should work...

* If you haven't done either of the above, post back, and I'll give you instructions...

EDIT: On your first post you stated that you had re- named FinalAlbion.wad, to FinalAlbion.bak, so why did you ask If you should re- name It? ... I can't help you here, unless you tell me what the hell your doing...

Space monkey!

[Updated on: Mon, 12 May 2008 15:24]

Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41195 is a reply to message #41165] Tue, 13 May 2008 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deadisdeath wrote on Mon, 12 May 2008 15:16

* Sigh*

Does anyone have a Table that I can repetedly smash my head In to, until I either tire of Hurting myself, or achive the Final subgradient?

No, didn't think so...

Ok Xinj, two questions,

* Have you intalled Albion Explorer?

* Have you ran the FreeRoam app (Avidable from Wiki) and Ripped the FinalAlbion.wad?

* If you have done the above, then yes, Re- name, or delete the FinalAlbion.wad, then your chest should work...

* If you haven't done either of the above, post back, and I'll give you instructions...

EDIT: On your first post you stated that you had re- named FinalAlbion.wad, to FinalAlbion.bak, so why did you ask If you should re- name It? ... I can't help you here, unless you tell me what the hell your doing...

I HAVE FreeRoam app (Unpatched if it helps), Albion explorer, i renamed it, but my Game woulndt load anymore, changed the name back to normal, now deleted it (Made a backup) again it woulndt load. Haven't put the backup back yet cause i was to friging pissed off.

I have heard around the forum (But vaguely though) The Folder called FinalAlbion which you make with the FreeRoam, has to be called FinaAlbion1....True or False?

I recently followed JohnDoe's guide EXACTLY like he did it, exept for the item and the UID. Same map, same co-ordinates, Bassicly i COPIED it and it still woulndt appear. I seriously think he's just grabbing my OLD FinalAlbion.wad cause if i delte it it wont start, meaning he doesnt use the Folder. Now i think back to when i created that folder with the FreeRoam app, and i got to choose between Patched and Unpatched (I did unpatched like stated early'r) Could the problem be laying inside the fact i chose Unpatched?

BTW: The .bak idea i stole from Satan around the folder, to make sure it worked

Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41196 is a reply to message #41195] Tue, 13 May 2008 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
Okay, here is a crystal clear guide for you to follow
my guide (deleted a confusing step so it starts at step two)

2. Download 7zip
3. Install 7zip
4. Down load FreeRoam.rar

5. Extract FreeRoam.exe
6. Run FreeRoam.exe
7. From FreeRoam click on File then Open
8. go to the Folder that has FinalAlbion.wad
The Default location is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels
9. Select FinalAlbion.wad and click Open
10. This should bring you back to the FreeRoam application
11. Choose TNG and Lev(Patched) and click RIP!
12. Next it asks you where to extract the files. Choose the data folder
13. Now move FinalAlbion.wad to you’re My Documents Folder (for safe keeping)
14. Now go to the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters and open userst.ini and change
UseLevelWAD True; to UseLevelWAD False;
15. Save and close this file and run Fable

Now you should have a folder in the data\levels folder, if you have a data\levels\levels folder you messed up, and make sure not to put the creature hub files in the finalalbion folder, they have to stay in the levels folder

Dammit
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41200 is a reply to message #41196] Tue, 13 May 2008 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts wrote on Tue, 13 May 2008 09:33

Okay, here is a crystal clear guide for you to follow
my guide (deleted a confusing step so it starts at step two)

2. Download 7zip
3. Install 7zip
4. Down load FreeRoam.rar

5. Extract FreeRoam.exe
6. Run FreeRoam.exe
7. From FreeRoam click on File then Open
8. go to the Folder that has FinalAlbion.wad
The Default location is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels
9. Select FinalAlbion.wad and click Open
10. This should bring you back to the FreeRoam application
11. Choose TNG and Lev(Patched) and click RIP!
12. Next it asks you where to extract the files. Choose the data folder
13. Now move FinalAlbion.wad to you’re My Documents Folder (for safe keeping)
14. Now go to the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters and open userst.ini and change
UseLevelWAD True; to UseLevelWAD False;
15. Save and close this file and run Fable

Now you should have a folder in the data\levels folder, if you have a data\levels\levels folder you messed up, and make sure not to put the creature hub files in the finalalbion folder, they have to stay in the levels folder

Thankyou, i see where i screwed up now Very Happy Thanks mate
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41201 is a reply to message #41200] Tue, 13 May 2008 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're welcome, where did you screw up?

Dammit
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41256 is a reply to message #41201] Thu, 15 May 2008 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts wrote on Tue, 13 May 2008 11:42

You're welcome, where did you screw up?

The user.ini, however, its still not working >.<'' oh well, maybe some other time Razz
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41258 is a reply to message #41256] Thu, 15 May 2008 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try reinstalling first then following every step very, very carefully
Edit: you might also try the universal tutorial in my sig

Dammit

[Updated on: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:16]

Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41284 is a reply to message #41258] Fri, 16 May 2008 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts wrote on Thu, 15 May 2008 11:15

try reinstalling first then following every step very, very carefully
Edit: you might also try the universal tutorial in my sig

Would re-installing erase my saves?
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41285 is a reply to message #41126] Fri, 16 May 2008 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, but first you need to go to, My documents/ My games/ Fable...

Copy the entire Fable folder, to somewhere else, and Re- name It (e.g Fablebu) then un- install, and re- install the Game... Then go back to my Documents/ My games, and paste the re-named Fable folder back there, and re-name It back to Fable again...

That's All...

Space monkey!
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41286 is a reply to message #41285] Fri, 16 May 2008 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummmm, the whole point is to get rid of his fable folder and start with a fresh one, and if you tell it not to, it won't erase your saves, but after the install you must delete the microsoft games folder before reinstalling it, or else it won't do anything

Dammit
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41288 is a reply to message #41126] Fri, 16 May 2008 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why, the whole Chests don't work If you've been to that area before can be fixed witha simple UID change...

He doesn't really need to unistall It honestly, and It won't matter If he just keeps his saves, the game is still being replaced ( Game. bin, Graphics. big etc. )...

He shouldn't even have to Unistall to get the Chests working, adding a chest only edits .Lev/ .Tng files, so really he only has to delete FinalAlbion folder from the Levels folder, put his back- up of FinalAlbion. wad Into his levels folder, and run the FreeRoam app again, that'll be just as good as Reinstalling, because, like I said, he's only edited the .Lev/ .Tng files...

Meh,

Space monkey!
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41290 is a reply to message #41288] Fri, 16 May 2008 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know, but for extra measures, just in case

Dammit
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #41293 is a reply to message #41290] Fri, 16 May 2008 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
James Butts wrote on Fri, 16 May 2008 11:30

I know, but for extra measures, just in case
Just in case what? Reinstalling is only necessary if someone is incapable of keeping backups or doesn't know how to grab clean files off of the retail discs. Even then, it's a UID change, not that hard, and doesn't require backups to be restored and certainly doesn't call for a reinstallation.
Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #47453 is a reply to message #41126] Sat, 22 November 2008 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rentual is currently offline  rentual
try this
NewThing Object;
Player 4;
UID 11346741874686407178;
ScriptName NULL;
ScriptData "NULL";
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 186.19090;
PositionY 72.419920;
PositionZ 3.000000;
RHSetForwardX 0.000000;
RHSetForwardY 1.000000;
RHSetForwardZ 0.000000;
RHSetUpX 0.000000;
RHSetUpY 0.000000;
RHSetUpZ 1.000000;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCTargeted;
Targetable TRUE;
EndCTCTargeted;
StartCTCEditor;
EndCTCEditor;
StartCTCChest;
ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

if it doesnt work use freeroam and patch it then try it

My signature is a particularly annoying one, so it was taken away from me.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 November 2008 01:13] by Moderator

Re: Albion Explorer CHEST Problem (Read before you flame) [message #47454 is a reply to message #47453] Sat, 22 November 2008 00:38 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
This was answered in the second post. Not only that, but your reply is several months late.
Your willingness to help is good, but please pay attention to the time stamps. Wink
Previous Topic: Help with free roam
Next Topic: help with oakvale
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:02:19 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01261 seconds