Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Requesting Weapons
Requesting Weapons [message #41177] Mon, 12 May 2008 18:01 Go to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
No Message Body

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif

[Updated on: Sat, 14 June 2008 12:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41178 is a reply to message #41177] Mon, 12 May 2008 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
No Message Body

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif

[Updated on: Sat, 14 June 2008 12:54]

Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41179 is a reply to message #41177] Mon, 12 May 2008 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
No Message Body

Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41180 is a reply to message #41179] Mon, 12 May 2008 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
Ummm, if you download gwas, it has that weapon, But spawn it yourself and don't use the tng they give you with the mod, because some of the weapons don't work, and gwas is in the community projects or work in progress section

Dammit
Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41182 is a reply to message #41177] Mon, 12 May 2008 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
No Message Body

Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41184 is a reply to message #41182] Mon, 12 May 2008 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The New Fabled Ravrn wrote on Mon, 12 May 2008 20:31

I had this talk with Morerunes, he said it was in the ***get it her***
That would be because that's where it is. 7Zip is a compression utility, one of my personal favorites, and it is needed to extract the contents of the 7z archive.
Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41185 is a reply to message #41182] Mon, 12 May 2008 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The fmp file is in the 7z file, you need 7zip to extract it, like a zip file, but it can only be unzipped with 7zip, then a folder should pop up with the same name as the 7z file, and the fmp should be in there

Dammit
Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41186 is a reply to message #41177] Mon, 12 May 2008 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
No Message Body

Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41187 is a reply to message #41186] Mon, 12 May 2008 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have the program 7zip?

Dammit
Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41217 is a reply to message #41182] Tue, 13 May 2008 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

morerunes wrote on Sun, 23 September 2007 13:16

***get it here*** ...

I am losing patience. That is NOT the 7zip download, it's my mod. The Sword of 1000 Truths is in that download, no matter what you say. You need 7zip to get at the files within that 7z file

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41219 is a reply to message #41217] Tue, 13 May 2008 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you did not get our replies, then you must be an absolute idiot, and if that is so, I wish you luck in life, because you're gonna need it

Dammit
Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41224 is a reply to message #41177] Wed, 14 May 2008 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deadisdeath is currently offline  deadisdeath

EDIT: * Google and download 7zip, or WinRAR...
* Think of the file you downloaded as Loads of other files, put into a box, you've got to open the box, to get your files...
* Right click on GWAS fmps ( The file you downloaded) and click extract here...
* Then, three f.m.p's will appear ( The files are out of the box)
* Use F.E to load them etc.
* PM me for other questions, or you'll show yourself up further...

Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space.
Space monkey!
Ready to sacrifice himself for the greater good.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 May 2008 13:40]

Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41225 is a reply to message #41224] Wed, 14 May 2008 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

good description, but a 7z file needs 7zip as far as I understand, I don't know another program that opens these. Wink

Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41231 is a reply to message #41177] Wed, 14 May 2008 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, WinRAR can open any compressed file, and WinZIP can compress any file(s)...

Space monkey!
Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41232 is a reply to message #41231] Wed, 14 May 2008 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I guess I'll take your word for it since I don't use winrar, but I still like 7zip better Razz

Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41234 is a reply to message #41231] Wed, 14 May 2008 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Since this thread is already on it's way to hell, mostly because it's a request for something that's been fulfilled, I'll throw my commentary in here too.

You can also use UniExtract to extract pretty much anything, I don't use it because I don't encounter very obscure compressions on a day-to-day basis.

I don't particularly like WinZip because it reminds me of a time when people thought they absolutely needed it to handle zip files, when even older Windows OSs (at least as far back as 95) had something to zip and unzip, named zip.exe and unzip.exe. Though today's population probably couldn't use them anyway because they're command line apps. It made me cry when they bought a license for WinZip. Then there's usability, it's only good for zip archives, a few other types if you download external programs for it, which I think is stupid. WinZip = fail.

WinRar is in the craphouse too for not being completely free. If they were going to charge for it, they should at least have a good looking website like WinZip does, and hopefully be the best codec utility on the market. This is not the case. While it can do every rar and zip compression, and a few others, it doesn't take home the prize.

7Zip can extract from both zip and rar archives, as well as a great many others, though can only create 5 types of archives (2 common, 3 obscure for the average person). While it doesn't handle every archive type out there, it takes care of just about everything that I actually use everyday, meaning I don't need 4 or 5 other programs to do what it can't. But I'm not a 7Zip fanboy, it has its problems too. One of my problems with 7Zip is that it has trouble with a few rar compressions. The other is split archives, never had that working for me, maybe morerunes had better luck.
Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41235 is a reply to message #41234] Wed, 14 May 2008 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay fine, I might as well throw in what I have to say, winzip/rar suck, they are overpriced and they aren't as good as 7zip, 7zip as my favorite, because it does everything I need it to do, and is free, it also is quick and easy to use

Dammit
Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41236 is a reply to message #41177] Wed, 14 May 2008 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, lets all start flaming me because I gave an example of a program to use...

What does It matter, the point of this thread wasn't to debate if ethier 7zip, or WinRAR are better than the other, It was to help The New Fabled Ravrn, and we've done that, so this thread can die...

I'll even edit my first post to say download 7zip, If It means that much to you both...

Space monkey!
Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41237 is a reply to message #41236] Wed, 14 May 2008 13:43 Go to previous message

Retired
I personally don't care what anyone else uses, as long as they like what they use and it gets the job done.
James Butts wrote on Wed, 14 May 2008 15:20

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/1854/citationneedednq1.png
Okay fine, I might as well throw in what I have to say, winzip/rar suck, they are overpriced and they aren't as good as 7zip, 7zip as my favorite, because it does everything I need it to do, and is free, it also is quick and easy to use
Strong opinions need strong evidence.

WinZip:
From my experience in school, WinZip was an excellent tool for teachers that could be integrated with their e-mail clients with ease. It has a powerful UI for the everyday person. My grievance with it is that while it's fine for most people, it doesn't cover all of the bases for me and others like me who use more than just zip files. Another thing I don't like about WinZip is that WinZip Computing Inc. is owned by Corel Corporation. Some stupid teacher I had many years ago believed that WordPerfect was the future and Microsoft would eventually bow down to Corel, which is why I had to endure two years of using Corel crapware. As we all know, Microsoft still rules the market.

WinRar:
WinRar is another good tool in that it can decompress most common compressions, but it lacks that suave feel to it that makes WinZip attractive to professionals in fields that don't require knowledge of anything but zip files. While WinRar is a more capable tool than WinZip, my grievance is that it isn't free.

7Zip:
A very versatile tool, can deal with a lot of compressions, and is free. It doesn't do everything, but it does everything I need, and that's good enough for me. My grievance with 7Zip is that many of it's planned features, while apparent in the recent releases, are still not implemented. Split archives are hit and miss. The reason it has trouble with certain rar compressions is that WinRar fudges the headers on some of their own archives 7Zip can't read the header and unlike most other utilities that just ignore such things, 7Zip refuses to touch the archive, and that's just stupid.

UniExtract:
UniExtract is the swiss army knife of extractors. Very powerful, very useful, very distasteful. This app takes over your shell context menus and insists that most everything you attempt to download instead be directly opened with UniExtract when the files are not even archives. Even executables are at risk of being touched in some disturbing manner, I can't think of a time I wanted to extract the contents of Fable.exe. As good as UniExtract can be, it has too many drawbacks for everyday use. That aside, unless it is updated to be able to create archives, there's no point in it when you're dealing with everyday archive types that can be handled with WinRar or 7Zip.

That's a fair and balanced review of them all.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 May 2008 14:24]

Previous Topic: Lychfield Demon Door
Next Topic: Backwards
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:02:52 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00997 seconds