Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » New Item
New Item [message #41272] Thu, 15 May 2008 21:14 Go to next message
Kyomizero is currently offline  Kyomizero
Ok, before you start telling me to check the forums, STOP! I've searched and searched and all you people can do is repeat your selfs without giving a clear concise reply. This isn't the same as the other add item questions.

What I want to know is how to actually add entirely new objects to the game. Not add an object to an area, but into the code and bin itself, completely new, not modified, objects, without overriding another object. Whether it's involving coding or using a program such as Fable Explorer.

And don't direct me to some readme file or faq about this program or that program, because I've read them all, most of which suck because people are typing so fast they're not considering how their explanations sound.... Just a simple direct no strings or crap attached answer... I don't do the whole conversationalist thing. Either answer or skip over this post cause I'm not interested in your idiotic forums banter....
Re: New Item [message #41282 is a reply to message #41272] Fri, 16 May 2008 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

you're right on one part. There's no good tutorial for this. Use my Modeling for Fable tutorial to make the food (replacing a weapon mesh with a food mesh/whateveryouwanttomake mesh obviously)

to put the whateveryouwanttomake in the game, you should change a current whateveryouwanttomake item to anything else that you want, then change the name and make it an fmp.

Same applies for anything else, except there is one problem. You can't make new collision yet, so if you make something like a wall or statue, then unless it is the same size as another wall/statue you can't have collision on it

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Fri, 16 May 2008 04:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Item [message #41340 is a reply to message #41272] Sat, 17 May 2008 15:58 Go to previous message
Kyomizero is currently offline  Kyomizero
Thanks, thats all I needed to know. Sorry, for the 3rd degree, had a bad day. I work retail and after talking to about 500 people you just want to reach over the counter and strangle the 501st.... That and I always seem to have this whole discussion start up in any post I make. Naturally it's never on topic either....

[Updated on: Sat, 17 May 2008 16:01]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: please
Next Topic: new mods dnt show up
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:15:09 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01383 seconds