Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Why am I getting scars
icon5.gif  Why am I getting scars [message #41394] Sun, 18 May 2008 22:52 Go to next message
striker is currently offline  striker
I downloaded Fable Explorer and I followed the directions from this site to remove the scars: http://www.rpgbanana.com/tuts/5175. It worked, but now I'm half way threw the game and my character is getting scared Mad .
What is going on? I did that demon door that you need to get obese, and ever since after I did that things went to crap.
Re: Why am I getting scars [message #41408 is a reply to message #41394] Mon, 19 May 2008 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twinblade is currently offline  twinblade
try this mod
Re: Why am I getting scars [message #41430 is a reply to message #41408] Mon, 19 May 2008 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Scars are saved into the save file. Even if you get rid of them in the game.bin, if the profile already has scars, the only way to aesthetically get rid of them is by replacing the textures with complete alpha textures (minus one pixel at 99%). So, the scars will still be there, you just can't see them.
Re: Why am I getting scars [message #41442 is a reply to message #41430] Mon, 19 May 2008 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 19 May 2008 16:42

Scars are saved into the save file. Even if you get rid of them in the game.bin, if the profile already has scars, the only way to aesthetically get rid of them is by replacing the textures with complete alpha textures (minus one pixel at 99%). So, the scars will still be there, you just can't see them.

I never had scars and I didn't save my character with any of the scars. So what can I do?

twinblade wrote on Mon, 19 May 2008 10:27

try this mod

That is to stop scars from fadeing. I don't want any scars at all. I downloaded Fable Explorer and I followed the directions from this site to remove the scars: http://www.rpgbanana.com/tuts/5175. It worked, but now I'm half way threw the game and now when my character gets hit he starts to show scars. I haven't saved my game since, so I don't have any at the moment, but as soon as I start the game and get hit a few times I will get scared again. Why is fable expolorer net working halfway threw my game?

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2008 19:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Why am I getting scars [message #41443 is a reply to message #41442] Mon, 19 May 2008 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Sounds like a restored game.bin, in which case, do it again.
Re: Why am I getting scars [message #41453 is a reply to message #41443] Tue, 20 May 2008 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 19 May 2008 23:07

Sounds like a restored game.bin, in which case, do it again.

Go back thrugh Fable Explorere and see if the tables for the scars came back? I did that and they were still set at zero. But I still have the same problem with the scars?
Re: Why am I getting scars [message #41454 is a reply to message #41453] Tue, 20 May 2008 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Then that's quite peculiar. You may want to start a new profile and have the crap kicked out of the Hero to see if he gets scars. Alternatively, you can spawn BlueTooth's customizable NPC and beat the crap out of him in your existing profile and see if he gets scars.

If he does, then you're doing something wrong somewhere (I checked the tutorial, it looks fine). You might want to check that you are getting the right CCreatureDef.

If he doesn't, you may want to consider the possibility that there are already scars there from before the point when you disabled them. In which case they'd leave scabby, somewhat "healed" scars, leftover in the save file.

That's all I can think of.
Re: Why am I getting scars [message #41455 is a reply to message #41454] Tue, 20 May 2008 16:10 Go to previous message
JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 20 May 2008 15:46

Then that's quite peculiar. You may want to start a new profile and have the crap kicked out of the Hero to see if he gets scars. Alternatively, you can spawn BlueTooth's customizable NPC and beat the crap out of him in your existing profile and see if he gets scars.

If he does, then you're doing something wrong somewhere (I checked the tutorial, it looks fine). You might want to check that you are getting the right CCreatureDef.

If he doesn't, you may want to consider the possibility that there are already scars there from before the point when you disabled them. In which case they'd leave scabby, somewhat "healed" scars, leftover in the save file.

That's all I can think of.

I did the fable expolere before I even stated the file. I checked my character from head to toe no scars no scabs. it only started getting scars half way through my game. So I didn't save any of the progress I made since then, and I loaded back to a point where I didn't have any of the scars. Then Checked and let my character get sliced up to see if he scared, he did. So I stop playing because I want to fix this problem. If I Unistall Fable Expolere and reinstall it can that work?
Previous Topic: FE problems
Next Topic: Please Help. I'm A Noob =]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:55:26 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01180 seconds