Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » [Trouble Shoot] Troll Summon Editing
[Trouble Shoot] Troll Summon Editing [message #42983] Wed, 18 June 2008 22:16 Go to next message
wjffkdhkf is currently offline  wjffkdhkf
Hi, I've been in this forum for about a week or so. I've read tutorials and most of the things were easy enough to follow. However, I am having difficult times modding my summons.

I am trying to summon rock troll and here are the steps i took

1. CREATURE->ROCK_TROLL->CSummonableCreatureDef->Rank: 100, Brain: Troll_Rock.

And it worked great, however, what i did not realize was that most of the unsummonable creatures share the same entry of 8912. So what happened was one of the rocks that the troll threw hit one of my modded ghost swords (I modded them into summoners) and killed a summoner and turned into one. And then since it had the rock troll brain, the summoner summon took the same action as the rock troll and collapsed onto the ground and crashed the game.

So the next step I took was,

2. game.bin->right click->create new entry->export the entry 8912 and import it into the new entry-> Name: Rock_Summon, type:CSummonableCreatureDef->got the new entry 14761 replaced it in Rock_Troll's CSummonableCreatureDef and changed the ranks to 100 and changed the brains to Troll_Rock.

And what happened then was, the troll wouldn't collapse into the ground like it's supposed to. Instead, it's just following me around, doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

I looked up the troll summon fmps and imported it and the same problem happened, it's not doing anything. I've replaced the brain countless times but still no luck

Can anyone please help me w/ this problem?

P.S Sorry about the exact same post on the General Modding Discussion Forum. I thought, this catagory was more well suited for this subject but i can't seem to delete the other post

[Updated on: Wed, 18 June 2008 22:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Trouble Shoot] Troll Summon Editing [message #51596 is a reply to message #42983] Mon, 01 June 2009 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drakath is currently offline  Drakath
I think there's a brain entry too in the CSummonableCreatureDef.It may be set to the hornet brain.Check it and restore troll's brain if that's the error.
Edit:Don't link the brain entry to the troll's (522 i think),it'll be broken link,then won't work.Use the search ("...")at the right of the numer and search for BRAIN_TROLL or something like that.That is the correct entry.
Re-edit:i noticed too late that was an old question...i hope this will be useful anyway..

[Updated on: Mon, 01 June 2009 12:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Trouble Shoot] Troll Summon Editing [message #51723 is a reply to message #51596] Thu, 04 June 2009 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

You can check out my mod here and see what I did with the new entries in FE.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: [Trouble Shoot] Troll Summon Editing [message #51737 is a reply to message #51723] Thu, 04 June 2009 06:01 Go to previous message
Drakath is currently offline  Drakath
wow never seen that mod. Very Happy
Nice work. Smile
Previous Topic: need help with other modifications(solved)
Next Topic: Discolored summon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:29:39 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01280 seconds