Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Fable TLC + OverLord.
icon5.gif  Fable TLC + OverLord. [message #43510] Wed, 02 July 2008 23:28 Go to next message
Dark9834 is currently offline  Dark9834
So can it be done, has anyone tried?
I haven't played overlord but I have seen some screenies.
They look very alike in style, so I wus wanting to know if it can be DONE.
Re: Fable TLC + OverLord. [message #43513 is a reply to message #43510] Wed, 02 July 2008 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on some one, Flame me if you gotta just post an anwser.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 July 2008 23:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable TLC + OverLord. [message #43515 is a reply to message #43513] Wed, 02 July 2008 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BananaMan is currently offline  BananaMan

No one's replying because you haven't really said, specifically, what you want to be done.

I am a BANANA! http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/theme/default/images/top_searc h.pngSearch before you ask.
Re: Fable TLC + OverLord. [message #43520 is a reply to message #43510] Thu, 03 July 2008 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
6 minutes is not nearly long enough to expect a reply, and the second post tempts me to not answer at all.

It would all depend on what you have in mind.

I'm making a great deal of assumptions in this, since I've never seen nor heard of OverLord.

If you mean OverLord storyline, only as far as the extent of "sign" quests and small add-ons to existing quests can go. So if you want something grand, no.

If you mean like the OverLord world, most likely no, depends on what OverLord is like. Fable can be made more like other games to a certain extent in that respect, pretty much new textures and new models which become new objects and new buildings, with that and a new set of level scripts, changed environments, changed minimaps, yea, a lot can be done. You can even move maps, edit heightmaps, add pseudo-landscape/water and come up with a lot of things, so long as no one thinks about adding maps (unless they want to solve the mystery of how first).

If you mean OverLord weapons, most likely yes, but things like melee/ranged combos, no, weapon-specific combat techniques/styles, no.

If you mean OverLord creatures, rip some models and I'll come up with some stuff. Thing is, they'll be Fable-like, meaning they won't inherit their OverLord combat techniques/styles, but will adopt Fable's instead.

If you mean OverLord GUI, well, I'm not sure to what extent we can edit the GUI, since no one's ever made a major GUI package. To my knowledge though, textures can be done easily. If done cleverly enough, you can probably come up with something a bit OverLord-esque, depending on what it looks like.

If you mean OverLord anything else, let me know.

Required for things mentioned:
Texturing - Any image editing application.
Modeling - Anything non-dynamic can be done in 3DS, static models can be done with Blender and notepad (and maybe more, depending on how much MacGyverism morerunes can muster).
New OBJECT/BUILDING entries - Fable Explorer, Chocolate Box.
TNG/WLD editing - Any text editor. Albion Explorer and Chocolate Box can edit TNGs on a more specialized level.
LEV editing (walkable paths) - Hex editor, again, Albion Explorer and Chocolate Box can do this on a more specialized level. The FreeRoam app can also patch the LEVs to allow free roaming by allowing the Hero to walk anywhere.
LEV editing (navdata) - Albion Explorer has something to edit navdata, a bit buggy though. Chocolate Box had something in place in earlier versions, but the most recent release does not.
LEV editing (heightmaps) - Hex editor.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 July 2008 00:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable TLC + OverLord. [message #43533 is a reply to message #43510] Thu, 03 July 2008 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
I agree. And again, what do you want done? Usually people post the first reply to their own topic if it's been, about, maybe 3-7 days with no answer. If no one replies, go into trial and error, and perhaps give up if you cannot do anything.

You can't rely on people to do everything, your only hope is to ask one bit at a time.

"Can someone make ...'s sword?"
"Can someone make Albion look like the ... game?"

Be patient.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif
Re: Fable TLC + OverLord. [message #43549 is a reply to message #43533] Thu, 03 July 2008 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sorry For the lack of detail in my post. Thank you for giving me a ruff run down of what could be or not.

All I was really wanting to know was if any one had tried anything having to do with the two games(weapons,items,etc).
Thank you ^.^
Re: Fable TLC + OverLord. [message #43551 is a reply to message #43510] Thu, 03 July 2008 11:02 Go to previous message
The New Fabled Ravrn
Well, if someone made animations for the unused goblin mesh, you could have the minions from Overlord follow you. But the armour is a bit complicated and i don't remember what was so special about his weapon either.

Overlord you just control a evil? guy by using his minions to pillage villages and stuff like that.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif
Previous Topic: How do you install BIGs?
Next Topic: recording fable vids
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:53:26 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00889 seconds