Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Comeplete Questions
Comeplete Questions [message #43653] Sat, 05 July 2008 12:59 Go to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
Sorry John, but this is my final post for questions. I'm oging to post all of them here now as i can't even find my latest post.

1.I'm making a town in the Chamber of Fate. Sorry Marco, it was orginally going to be in the Prison Path, but it crashed too much. I made two houses that the Hero could buy, but then made only one. I enabled the "residential" (sp?) part, but i cannot get the Hero to be able to but it. I also found that the buyable house in BS is linked to a village's UID, but how do i find it? Or does it matter?

2.My second question is, can i spawn any merchant, or shopkeeper in the game, and edit their script without changing the actual shop owner's script? The reason in me asking is because i spawned a trader once (not Blue's though) and he was purple, so i'm thinking you can spawn as many as you'd like, link them to a stall as their work building, and script them a list.

3.If #2 is true, if i were to spawn a tavern master, do i link his work building to a bar (where the tankards would be filled) or the actual building? Also, if i were to make a barmaid, do i link her to the bar, or the building?

4.I watched morerunes' new videos (great job!) but i wanted to know if i could save an LOD of an existing weapon, and copy the helper thing (the [...]_DUMMY) and paste it to a "new" weapon. A friend of mine modified a mod (a weapon) and all he did was change the blade itself a little and he held it like the summoner's sword ( a new topic with the pictures was posted in the Graphics Editing section)

5.Last question on THIS post, i noticed that Saiyan (sp?) said he scaled doen the summoner's sword and he held it fine, it was only the sheathing that was bad. Is this true, or can it work?

Thanks in advance.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif
Re: Comeplete Questions [message #43655 is a reply to message #43653] Sat, 05 July 2008 13:57 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Don't be sorry to me, if you keep all questions here I would appreciate it. Recycle threads. This is probably why you can't find your posts, they've been getting deleted.

1. Chamber of Fate, the map is FrescoDome.lev, level script is FrescoDome.tng, the map is 96x96 and is for the most part flat at 76.8. There are 9409 cells in the heightmap. Navdata seems to work out, enemies can follow you and whatnot, but they act as though the dome is still there and take what would be the front exit to get in or out (except Twinblade, who simply takes the shortest route to the Hero).

I would recommend that you very closely examine how buyable houses work in other maps, then create everything you'll need for FrescoDome.

2. You can make a duplicate of any merchant or shopkeeper in the game, and edit their script without changing the original. I don't quite understand the rest of the question though.

3. I would suggest you take a look at the game masters in other maps. It's all there.

4. I'm guessing it's because he moved/rotated the sword from it's origin rather than moving/rotating it by it's vertices. I'm also guessing there is a problem with the helpers. It's not as simple as copying and pasting, though there shouldn't be a need unless the helpers are missing, in which case there is indeed a problem with the helpers. You need to make sure the helpers are aligned and rotated in the right way, else it won't make a difference.

5. I'm tired of hearing about that stupid sword, when I get some free time I'm fixing the damned thing, high priority.
Previous Topic: Help with Fable TLC
Next Topic: Gol and Maia Clubs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 21:35:35 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01747 seconds