Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Creating FMPs
Creating FMPs [message #43783] Tue, 08 July 2008 22:24 Go to next message
Kilajula is currently offline  Kilajula
Hello everyone. A new member here!

I've been reading through the forums for a few weeks, learning the ways of the modifier, so to speak. After catching on and learning enough to make my own changes without needing to search through the forums, I decided to join. I figure It might be nice to contribute to the community. Problem is, I am having difficulty creating FMPs. I read the wiki to learn how it should be done. The process is simple. But when I load the FMPs I had created (to test them), they don't change anything.

I started with a simple effect change for the hero when full evil. Here are the steps I took:
  1. Saved the FMP to a mod folder dragging CREATURE_HERO into the box and following the rest of the steps.
  2. Returned the entries to normal for testing.
  3. Loaded the FMP I created.
  4. Either clicking "save mods and run fable" or just checking the values, they remain unchanged.

Is there some silly error I am making or step I am missing?

For my personal use, I can easily go in and change the values manually. That's not a problem. But when the time comes I create something others might like to use as well, I would like to know the proper way to offer it.
Re: Creating FMPs [message #43822 is a reply to message #43783] Thu, 10 July 2008 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raziel is currently offline  Raziel
i think your porblem is:
if you have edited the hero's CHeroMorphDef you don't have to drag the CREATURE_HERO into the Create FMP window.
you have to put the CHeroMorphDef into the Create FMP file.
i hope this is helping you.
Re: Creating FMPs [message #43846 is a reply to message #43822] Thu, 10 July 2008 16:16 Go to previous message
Kilajula is currently offline  Kilajula
Thank you for the reply.
Now I did think of that. But for some reason I couldn't get the CHeroMorphDef there. I'll mess around with it more and see if I can get it working. But the answer is a huge help. Thank you! Very Happy

Edit:
Okay, I feel really stupid now. Honestly, I completely understand. It makes perfect sense. And yet for some reason I'm having the most difficult time doing this. I suppose once I get it right I will realize how silly I am. *sighs* I'm sorry for being such a trouble but I just can't get it. Would you mind sending me a screencap or something? Anyone, actually. Embarassed

[Updated on: Sat, 12 July 2008 00:23]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Gol and Maia Clubs
Next Topic: "Final" Mod package discussion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 15:57:18 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01820 seconds