Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » possibly capes?
possibly capes? [message #44337] Mon, 28 July 2008 16:23 Go to next message
Crysis is currently offline  Crysis
any one think its possible to make capes for fable??
Re: possibly capes? [message #44338 is a reply to message #44337] Mon, 28 July 2008 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The short answer is no.
Re: possibly capes? [message #44341 is a reply to message #44338] Mon, 28 July 2008 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftking7050 is currently offline  driftking7050
and to save time i will explain the long answer which is... No because fable explorer does not support the import of animations and/or the import of collision meshes. So basically the cape would not move, more like a solid sheet. And even if we could get past that we cant create collision on animated meshes so it in turn would clip through the hero.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/theking_7050/Rytir.jpg
Re: possibly capes? [message #44343 is a reply to message #44341] Mon, 28 July 2008 19:34 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I was afraid of this, now I have to go into detail about it.

While you're right that FE doesn't support the import of animations or collision meshes, that's got nothing to do with it. On a side note, CBox can import/export collision meshes now.

A cape can move if it's rigged to the Hero's bones or clothing bones and it wouldn't clip, though it would move with the Hero and wouldn't be very cape-like. Dynamic meshes is more cloth-like, isn't attached to bones and can move with the hero but is subject to things like wind and motions of the Hero making it have a trailing type of motion, like a thread tied to a finger, and it would clip.

We can create collision and animated meshes; clothing, creatures, the windmill, anything with bones = animated meshes and collision meshes is like a static mesh with a few minor differences, I would suppose that's why they're made to go alongside static meshes.

What you probably mean is that we cannot import animations or dynamic meshes, and someone with enough skill can make animations and dynamic meshes and even put it in Fable (without FE), but no one with such skill is here anymore. Animations are what moves animated models. And with a lack of an easy way to explain what dynamic meshes are, how's this: Imagine someone with long hair shaking their head furiously, the hair is dynamic.

That's just the long explanation, the long answer is:

Yes, if it was rigged as clothing or a part of the Hero's model. It would look pathetic and unnatural.

It would look better if it were dynamic and it was made in such a way to minimize clipping, but no one with that kind of talent has graced us in a while, so no.
Previous Topic: The real Assasin Outfit
Next Topic: ichichigo's bankai
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 03:11:22 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01033 seconds