Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » BIg Bad Horns
BIg Bad Horns [message #44482] Tue, 05 August 2008 14:12 Go to next message
CookieMonster is currently offline  CookieMonster
Hey I am just asking if anyone knows how to be more evil, with like red glowing tattoos and bigger horns. I have used the search to try and find it, but I only found out how to remove the horns.
Re: BIg Bad Horns [message #44483 is a reply to message #44482] Tue, 05 August 2008 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
You would need to make bigger horns (modeling) and you would need to make red glowing textures for the hero to morph into whilst evil. If you're still interested, let me know.
Re: BIg Bad Horns [message #44547 is a reply to message #44482] Thu, 07 August 2008 13:29 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
CookieMonster wrote on Thu, 07 August 2008 11:16 via PM

Yes, I am interested in making the bigger horns. Can u tell me what programs to get and how to use them?
I meant let me know on the forum... the only time I want to a PM is if the information is meant only for me, this isn't one of those cases as this information can be shared with the forum.

You'll have to grab yourself a 3D modeling app, like Blender, truespace, 3DS, anything off of this list.

Keep in mind that models are exported and imported from and to the graphics.big via FE as DirectX only, so you'll need an app that's DirectX capable. 3DS needs two separate plugins for that, but works perfect. That being said, 3DS isn't free, so I encourage you to really make sure you have an interest in it, try out some of the free programs, get the 3DS trial, and if you're into it, see if you can't find some poor sap down on his luck who's willing to sell a student license for a really old 3DS, or just nag someone on the forum to get your models game-ready for you.

For horns:

Export the horns from the graphics.big with FE/CBox.
Import into the 3D modeling program.
Either edit the horns or model from scratch based on the existing horns, do as you wish.
If you modeled from scratch, delete the original mesh.
Make sure your new mesh is in it's origin (0,0,0 for both transform and rotational values).
Make sure the hierarchy is right.
Adjust any helpers that need to be adjusted (probably none in this case).
Export as DirectX and import into an existing horns entry in the graphics.big.
Rename the entry, even if it's just changing the number, and apply changes.
Create an FMP of the model entry, close and reopen FE, load the FMP.

Now, this might just be me, but I like to export the model again, then reimport it; I do this just as quality control and it might not even be necessary, but, whatever.

Load the model for all LODs except the last one, for horns I think there are only two anyway, so yea.
Assign textures. If you simply edited the existing horns model, you can use the same texture. Apply changes.

Go to the game.bin and find the CAppearanceModifierDef for the horns. There will be an array, three different sets of horns that show up depending on how evil you are. Add to the array and copy the details from one of the other entries to fill in the new blank one. Change the ranks so that they are as follows:

Horns_01 - Appear at 0.2, disappear at 0.4;
Horns_02 - Appear at 0.4, disappear at 0.6;
Horns_03 - Appear at 0.6, disappear at 0.8;
Horns_04* - Appear at 0.8, disappear at 1.1;

*This one is yours.

Apply Changes, Save Mods and Run Fable, be evil, you should find your new set of horns.

Now, you'll probably see that it's not as easy as wishing for it and decide that you're no longer interested, but this will be here for anyone else who wants to do it because it's on the forums, not a PM, it's not entirely wasted that way.
Previous Topic: The Bothered Beggar.
Next Topic: How Too
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:03:22 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01435 seconds