Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » TNG Editor's Set
TNG Editor's Set [message #44750] Tue, 12 August 2008 02:43 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
TNG Editor's Set comes with:
  • 398 blank TNGs, all primed with Version 2; header and empty Null quest sections;
  • 1 blank GTG that defines global scripts for 398 maps, all primed with Version 2; header and empty Null quest sections, and includes a single Holy Site script that acts as the starting spawn position;
  • 1 user.ini that disables quests, and can be edited to change day speed and set time of day;
  • 1 userst.ini that is modified to not use the WAD or BWD (you still need to rename the WAD), but still use the GTG (can be changed if desired); and,
  • 1 WLD that consolidates all of the 141 regions to just 53 (down from the previous 55), all landmasses connect and this is as low as it gets according to satellite surveillance, and has each map designated as a sea map to make the region edges look prettier, and has every region set to appear on the world map, allowing for custom cullis gates.

Purpose:
Whatever you want to do with it, I don't care. It is meant for easier editing and testing of complicated and non-quest specific scripts. Unlike last time, this set can be used for gameplay.
Instructions:
TNGs go in FinalAlbion folder, except the creature hub which just goes in the level folder, along with the GTG and WLD. The INIs go in the executable directory. Always make backups first.
Notes:
You need to start a new profile to use this.
Don't use saves - saves act up when quests are disabled, you won't need them anyway.
Just move the Holy Site script to the map you want in the GTG, or change the user.ini to not use the GTG (set UseCompiledGlobalThings to FALSE) and put the Holy Site script in the desired TNG (note that using TNGs instead of the GTG increases initial loading times).
You can't have more than one cullis gate per region should you decide to make custom cullis gates.
Disclaimer:
This is not a mod, it is not a stand-alone game modification.
It is for editing, testing, whatever you want.

Any complaints should be directed to GTFO.

Old file removed at 120 downloads.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2010 00:32] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: TNG Editor's Set [message #44754 is a reply to message #44750] Tue, 12 August 2008 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

nice, I actually made a wld like that, made a new level called "world" and just only used it in CBox. My computer crashed. So I un-did it. None the less, this is a good resource.

almost makes me want to mod fable again

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: TNG Editor's Set [message #55679 is a reply to message #44750] Sun, 10 January 2010 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Update - Completed. This has always bothered me, I never finalized this. Until just a little while ago. Finished, complete, done to perfection. Strange though, now that it is finished, I don't see its importance. Oh well.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 March 2010 01:23]

Re: TNG Editor's Set [message #62569 is a reply to message #44750] Sun, 24 April 2011 10:49 Go to previous message
Sparrow
Thanks. Time to fuck up Albion

Wait, now I can't see shit in chocolatebox. No land or anything.

Well, if you add something to the map, you can actually see it..

After 2 hours of copying original holy sites and pasting them into the blank tngs, I realized that tng parser hasn't actually been saving the tngs. Time to start over

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Sat, 30 May 2015 16:15]

Previous Topic: JohnDoe's Item Spawning Guides
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:52:31 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01252 seconds