Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Fable Defintion Editing on a Mac
Fable Defintion Editing on a Mac [message #44772] Wed, 13 August 2008 08:47 Go to next message
Solcry is currently offline  Solcry
Hey there,

I'm rather new at this and, as the subject heading says, trying to work the modding out on a Mac (as Fable: TLC has finally reached the system, albeit with a ridiculously high price tag).

Anyways, so I figure since the definition editing is just editing the game files, there really shouldn't be any problem. I load up VM Fusion, get Fable Explorer running, and then look at the games.bin file.

The first thing I thought I'd experiment with was getting rid of the old age - went through the stickied topic, and tried increasing the max age. Applied the changes (Save mods and run obviously doesn't work on the emulator), ran the game - and no dice.

I went back through the topic, and picked up the .fmp that was listed in the topic, loaded it up - and still no dice.

I'm figuring my last resort would be dig through my CD's somewhere, find my Fable PC cd, install it on the emulator, edit the .bin files there and copy it over to the Mac..

But thats a lot of hassle and would love to see if I can do it another way. So, any ideas?

Edit: Aghagahgh, whats with the double spacing?

[Updated on: Wed, 13 August 2008 08:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Defintion Editing on a Mac [message #44774 is a reply to message #44772] Wed, 13 August 2008 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
you dont need to have the whole windows system, try darwine.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Fable Defintion Editing on a Mac [message #44781 is a reply to message #44772] Wed, 13 August 2008 15:24 Go to previous message
Solcry is currently offline  Solcry
Unless I'm mistaken, Darwine can't run DirectX 9.0c (and I've been trying), and Crossover can't run .NET Framework and Mono doesn't seem to be working with FableExplorer..
Previous Topic: Editing the Stick's Description
Next Topic: Splash.exe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:41:52 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01163 seconds