Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Scripts » Handy Treasure Chests
Handy Treasure Chests [message #44854] Sat, 16 August 2008 09:54 Go to next message
koolkidw100 is currently offline  koolkidw100

I just made these for people that get confused when they try to make chests or don't understand what they're doing.

The Chest is in the demon door at the guild, if you haven't figured it out you have to turn on the lamp, then talk to him.

This is a whole bunch of game items that I put into a chest. Just download the .tng and copy it into your /data/levels/final albion folder. It will take a while to accept all of them (698 clicks) so if you open it theres no going back!!!(Remember to make backups!!) Unless you just close the game of course. So here are some screen shots:

I have a whole bunch of other open chest so I put a box around the 698 items chest.

Not much, I just posted screenies because it was strongly suggested and almost required in the rules. I would have taken screenies of the items but when I made it in AE I didn't put any items in it and then I made a copy of the .tng and put the items in from there. Have fun.

Extra Chests:

*50 Silver Keys
*30 Adrenaline Potions
*30 Super Mana Potions
*15 Million Gold
*Pimp Hat, Chicken Hat, Whore Wig, Health Augmentation, Mana Augmentation, Hobbe Killer Augment, Bandit Slayer Augment

All of the chests are in the same room, in the demon door.

My lack of taste for signatures and inability to make them shiny with the correct shades and lighting has upset someone that indirectly asked me to remove them. Basically they sucked.
Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #44866 is a reply to message #44854] Sat, 16 August 2008 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Suggestion: If you are using more than 55 melee weapons, 20 ranged, or all hats, I recommend using the ratpacker mod or adjusting it in such a way that the inventories allow the added items. Otherwise, when the inventory fills up, it will appear to show that you get the items but you don't.

Observation: Looks like a corrupted texture.

Thank you for posting screenshots, it's much appreciated. Good work with the chests, I'm sure this will be used a lot.
Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #44868 is a reply to message #44866] Sat, 16 August 2008 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I was trying to look for the ratpacker.fmp download but I couldn't find it, I used the forum search and it showed up with some threads
that had the words ratpacker.fmp but I couldn't find it. I also used google search but still nothing. I would appreciate it if you could pull up a link for me because it might be hard for other people to find it. Also, for some reason, I dont really have a problem with things not showing up. It contains mostly clothes and potions so I dont know if it was even supposed to be a problem. Just asking so I can make sure everything is going well or whatever. Thanks for the comment.

My lack of taste for signatures and inability to make them shiny with the correct shades and lighting has upset someone that indirectly asked me to remove them. Basically they sucked.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 August 2008 10:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #44871 is a reply to message #44868] Sat, 16 August 2008 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Clothing isn't an issue except possibly for hats, because of the unused will user hat, not sure on that one. Weapons are the bigger issue, as there 55 melee slots and 20 ranged, and much, much more are there in NPC weapons. If you only have the standard melee weapons (iron, steel, obsidian, master, legendary, stick, SoA and Avo's Tear) you'll have a problem, as you'll have 56 weapons, this is because in normal gameplay you can only have the SoA or the Avo's Tear, not both, so the limit is 55. It's hard to notice 1 missing item as well. Ranged shouldn't be a problem, 10 standard bows (two each of yew, oak, ebony, master and legendary), 15 if you include the pump crossbows.

So again, if it's just the standard stuff, the only thing to watch out for is the possibly needed extra hat and extra weapon in the inventory. It might be better to adjust this by hand as the ratpacker mod allows for unrealistic amounts of inventory slots, the problem with this is that it takes up a lot of resources and increases startup time. If you want to use the mod, it can be found here.
Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #44873 is a reply to message #44871] Sat, 16 August 2008 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thank you that was a very good explanation. I appreciate you spending your time to inform about this, I had no Idea. OK I am thinking about going into model making(weapons) maybe crossbows but probably going to go for sword making as it seems way easier.

[Updated on: Sat, 16 August 2008 22:05]

Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #44880 is a reply to message #44854] Sun, 17 August 2008 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
1. Have you fixed the tng. to have the ratpacker mod, either that or require getting it (i'd go with choice #2).

2.This may be helpful and is better than spawning all of the weapons i had modfied.

3.Lastly, did you add up the amounts to 698 Items, or you put in 698 different items (i.e.- 668 + adrenaline potions = 698?).

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif
Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #44886 is a reply to message #44880] Sun, 17 August 2008 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1. No I did not fix the .tng but I asked John Doe to grab the link for me which he did, so they can download the .fmp.
3. I believe they are all different I do not have any more than 1 of the same item in the chest.

[Updated on: Sun, 17 August 2008 19:03]

Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #45068 is a reply to message #44854] Fri, 22 August 2008 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lord Mason is currently offline  Lord Mason

Hey, I posted the tng into my levels folder but the changes aren't taking place in-game. Do I need to start a new profile?

Edit: Nevermind, problem solved.

Hmm... Death Magnetic or Black Ice? So hard to choose.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 September 2008 13:05]

Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #45385 is a reply to message #45068] Thu, 04 September 2008 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If anyone else that doesnt know how to make treasure chests wants me to pack them some things into a treasure chest for them pm me with a list or whatever. Im bored and I have nothing else to do.

Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #46366 is a reply to message #44854] Fri, 17 October 2008 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GI_Jhen is currently offline  GI_Jhen
i am having a problem. I put the .tng file in my levels folder with my albion files but i cannot get the treasures to show up in the game, plus i am having difficulty finding the ratpacker.fmp file
Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #46372 is a reply to message #46366] Fri, 17 October 2008 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

you need to use freeroam, or just get CBox to fix it for you and avoid using freeroam.

also, here's ratpacker

you can learn more about modding here or here

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #46617 is a reply to message #44854] Sun, 26 October 2008 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

" Hobbe Killer Augment, Bandit Slayer Augment"

WHat are they?

If they are outside mods shouldn't you provide links to where you can download them?

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #46626 is a reply to message #44854] Sun, 26 October 2008 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
They are unfinished augments left in the game files, they have no special ability.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #46627 is a reply to message #44854] Sun, 26 October 2008 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I see...

In that case, *Downloads*

Oh, i think you should add this:

ONLY USE THIS AFTER YOU'VE FINISHED THE GAME!

Because you'll have all the trophies etc which screws up some of your quests.

IE Blind Seeress and White Balverine.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 November 2008 11:00] by Moderator

Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #47002 is a reply to message #44854] Thu, 06 November 2008 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello, haven't replied to this thread for a while. Just letting everyone know i'm still here. =)

Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #47014 is a reply to message #47002] Fri, 07 November 2008 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

koolkidw100 wrote on Thu, 06 November 2008 19:36

Hello, haven't replied to this thread for a while. Just letting everyone know i'm still here. =)

Gee, err, thanks for that.

Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #47043 is a reply to message #47014] Sat, 08 November 2008 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I know im not really much of a modder anymore(never was, but whatever). Now i just play games for the fun of it(until i beat it and i hack the hell out of it) =)

Re: Handy Treasure Chests [message #58606 is a reply to message #44854] Sat, 17 July 2010 06:01 Go to previous message
hwayunhae is currently offline  hwayunhae
The silver keys chest opens, but it's empty, probably because your code has the keys list between ctceditor instead of ctcchest.
your code

I uploaded the fixed .tng for you here. And also a version of the tng without the trophies (and a few other relatively useless items), so you don't end up fubar-ing your quest sequence.

(removed from the no-trophies tng:
Trophies
Minor trophies (like bandit ears, etc)
OBJECT_HERO_NO_**** (you already have these. it just gives you more things to click through)
Guild seal, hero's money bag, hand lamp. You already have these. why would you need duplicates?
Additional items that act as trophies (such as champions seal)
Map Pieces
sister's locket
Hero Titles (you would end up with whatever title came out of the box last, anyway. If you want a specific hero title, replace OBJECT_HERO_TITLE_DEATH_BRINGER in the no-trophies tng with one of these:
list of hero titles

after removing all that, the number of objects you'd have to click through becomes 585. enjoy. Very Happy

to use the files, unrar the version you want to use, and then drop it in your free-roam ripped Final Albion folder. Make sure to backup your DemonDoor_Guild.tng first. That is all.

~ Matsu

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/228/matsusig.png

[Updated on: Sat, 17 July 2010 06:07]

Previous Topic: More than One Wife per Region
Next Topic: Fable: Bare Release!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:36:31 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01221 seconds