Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Increase no. of ghost swords?
Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #44913] Mon, 18 August 2008 07:28 Go to next message
raistie is currently offline  raistie
is it possible?
Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48319 is a reply to message #44913] Sat, 03 January 2009 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lord_Shade is currently offline  Lord_Shade
Yes. Sometimes it crashes the game. Tell me the quantities you want for each level. There's, what, four levels of ghost sword? I'm trying it myself now, so I'll probably update you. I'm trying a ton of swords. I'm giving no guarantees. Oh, in that fmp all the spells are modded to do crazy-awesome things. For example, level four force push covers the map, just like the level four enflame and the two god spells. (Divine wrath and the other one).

The sentient may perceive and love the universe, but the universe cannot perceive and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. It cannot control what it creates and it cannot be controlled by its creations. Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars.

[Updated on: Sat, 03 January 2009 17:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48327 is a reply to message #48319] Sat, 03 January 2009 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raistie is currently offline  raistie
Would be really cool to have 16 ghost swords flying about at level 4. The thing is, ghost swords are hard to change because they are linked to other objects...how do you do it?
Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48560 is a reply to message #48327] Sun, 11 January 2009 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have indeed researched ghost swords by now. I'm not going to say much, but increasing the number past four can do some seriously weird stuff to your data if you save your file after upgrading to level two. The weird stuff happens about 1/15 times. I wouldn't screw around with it. That "Ultimate Spells" package changes the number of ghost swords at the levels, except level one, so proceed with caution. If you level it up past level two, weird stuff happens. Sometimes game crashes, sometimes it works. It's kind of random. I would be careful. Also, unless you have a GREAT operating system, don't increase the level past level three. I think level four is about 500 ghost swords or 1000, I'm not sure. Be REALLY careful. But hey, you get 4 ghost swords on the first level of that mod pack, so it's still a good way of saving time.

The sentient may perceive and love the universe, but the universe cannot perceive and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. It cannot control what it creates and it cannot be controlled by its creations. Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars.
Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48571 is a reply to message #48319] Mon, 12 January 2009 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Lord_Shade wrote on Sun, 04 January 2009 01:57

Yes. Sometimes it crashes the game. Tell me the quantities you want for each level. There's, what, four levels of ghost sword? I'm trying it myself now, so I'll probably update you. I'm trying a ton of swords. I'm giving no guarantees. Oh, in that fmp all the spells are modded to do crazy-awesome things. For example, level four force push covers the map, just like the level four enflame and the two god spells. (Divine wrath and the other one).

I am curious. Which entry did you change to up the number of swords?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48573 is a reply to message #48571] Mon, 12 January 2009 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I changed quite a few entries. I changed the object entries for ghost swords and the entries near the bottom for spell effects. That's the only things you CAN change without terrible effects. The data is a little bit touchy, so be careful. There's null and special versions of each spell, feel free to screw around with the null versions. That's okay, it's pretty much the basic actions the program will take. Make sure you mod the OBJECT entry for ghost swords or some weird stuff can happen. (Example: crashes, freezes, really really rarely lost save data, even rarer BSOD). Oh, for noobs, BSOD is the Blue Screen OF Death. Be careful when you mod the ghost sword, it is probably one of the most touchy spells you can mod in the game. Feel free to change what the swords look like, though. I summon four Jack of Blades right now. I haven't tried summoning him dragon form yet. I'm curious how that'll work. Someone want to try it out for me?

Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48574 is a reply to message #48573] Tue, 13 January 2009 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I am not an idiot.

What I still don't know is how you changed the number of Ghost Swords, and I'd like to know exactly which entry, and which number in that entry.

Screenshot please.

this is not an exit.
Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48576 is a reply to message #48573] Tue, 13 January 2009 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Lord_Shade wrote on Mon, 12 January 2009 18:44

I changed quite a few entries. I changed the object entries for ghost swords and the entries near the bottom for spell effects. That's the only things you CAN change without terrible effects. The data is a little bit touchy, so be careful. There's null and special versions of each spell, feel free to screw around with the null versions. That's okay, it's pretty much the basic actions the program will take. Make sure you mod the OBJECT entry for ghost swords or some weird stuff can happen. (Example: crashes, freezes, really really rarely lost save data, even rarer BSOD). Oh, for noobs, BSOD is the Blue Screen OF Death. Be careful when you mod the ghost sword, it is probably one of the most touchy spells you can mod in the game. Feel free to change what the swords look like, though. I summon four Jack of Blades right now. I haven't tried summoning him dragon form yet. I'm curious how that'll work. Someone want to try it out for me?

OldBoy's one of our best modders, You should just tell him straight without the newbie info.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48577 is a reply to message #48576] Tue, 13 January 2009 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The only entries in that fmp relevant to the ghost sword is the SPECIAL_ABILITIES_GHOST_SWORD_DEF_INSTANCE.

The changed values are as follows:
GhostSwordTimeLevel2 - 35 to 40.
GhostSwordTimeLevel3 - 40 to 50.
GhostSwordTimeLevel4 - 45 to 3600.
FadeInTime - 4 to 1.
All values are floats measured in seconds.

This does not change the number of ghost swords.

Your next false claims will make me lose control, I won't be held responsible for my actions. I'll reach through the coax jack in my wall to the other side of your monitor and strangle the life out of you.
Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48583 is a reply to message #48577] Tue, 13 January 2009 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 13 January 2009 11:38

The only entries in that fmp relevant to the ghost sword is the SPECIAL_ABILITIES_GHOST_SWORD_DEF_INSTANCE.

The changed values are as follows:
GhostSwordTimeLevel2 - 35 to 40.
GhostSwordTimeLevel3 - 40 to 50.
GhostSwordTimeLevel4 - 45 to 3600.
FadeInTime - 4 to 1.
All values are floats measured in seconds.

This does not change the number of ghost swords.

Your next false claims will make me lose control, I won't be held responsible for my actions. I'll reach through the coax jack in my wall to the other side of your monitor and strangle the life out of you.

Maybe he/she does know how to do this? Wink

this is not an exit.
Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48585 is a reply to message #48577] Tue, 13 January 2009 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 13 January 2009 02:38

You will take responsibility! For instance, i'll never shut up about it Very Happy

I don't think you can, since the amount of ghost swords must be programmed into the game differently.

Can you just post an FMP of the ghost sword rather than self advertising your mod? And telling us how to do it would be nice.

Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48586 is a reply to message #48585] Tue, 13 January 2009 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have ANY IDEA of the quantity of mods I currently have stored on my computer?!?! Sad There's literally hundreds! I email my mods to myself so I have backup mods (besides, of course, storing them on disks and floppies). I always attach all 50 possible attachments per mail, and I've got around seven emails... so that's, what, three-hundred fifty mods? Mad I'm sorry if I posted the wrong one. I've been messing around with ghost swords for a while now, looks like you got one of the earlier mods then. I apologize. I'll search again for the right one. It'll be a while though. You've got the mod for time, right? It changes the last level to have ghost swords for an hour, correct? Well, I've changed so far (on various ones):

damage -simple to change Razz
time -you should be able to do this Razz
object -that's just pretty awesome Surprised
effects -jack o' blades effects Very Happy
quantity -I think I changed that only once. I'll look around some more. Rolling Eyes Confused

On a different note, I've got a totally cool mod for summoning the dead. I'm going to update that one and post it, but what would you like to summon? I think that trolls, a dragon, Jack of Blades, Whisper, Thunder, the Guildmaster, hobbes, undead lieutenants, undead generals, undead axe men, undead swordsmen, swords of eons, avo's tears, villagers, Nostro or the kraken are the coolest to summon. I'm working, currently, on summoning more than one type of creature. I'll tell you if I ever succeed. I can't seem to find the entry, but I'll probably prevail eventually. Diligence is always rewarded. Sometimes with pain, though. Oh well. Let me look for that ghost swords spell change. It's in my stuff somewhere. I'll chuck up the mod in a bit, k? Sorry for the confusion and mix-up there. Oh, by the way, when I throw the spell up I'm going to have made changes to other spells on all the levels. Level up the spells to LOWER the strength of them. It's a kind of lazy-man's package there. Smile Start out with the goods, eh? I'll keep you posted. Smile

Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48587 is a reply to message #44913] Tue, 13 January 2009 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

...And nowhere in that did i hear HOW to do it. Great. I should feel so lucky.

Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48588 is a reply to message #48586] Tue, 13 January 2009 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

No one will believe you unless you have and show us some proof.

There's only one way I can think of that might be able to up the number of swords, and that requires editing the .exe, and I don't think you're up for that (neither am I).

this is not an exit.
Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48589 is a reply to message #48588] Tue, 13 January 2009 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found my newest mod pack for the spells again, but no luck so far on the ghost swords. To tell the truth, I'm not even entirely sure how I did it. Embarassed I had just gotten the program and was a total noob screwing around with a program I didn't understand. I did have eight ghost swords, but I just searched everywhere I could. The entry for ghost sword quantities isn't even there. I didn't see that coming. How can I do something as a noob and once quite experienced not replicate the effects? I can probably summon ghost swords with the spell for summoning the dead, but that'd be a little less cool. The mod pack here i pretty much a combination of all the best spell modifications without being crazy enough to slow up your computer if you don't have all that great stuff on your computer. I simply don't know how the heck I managed to summon more than the normal quantity of swords. I'd screw around with the program blindly, but that's a pretty gigantic risk.

Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48590 is a reply to message #48589] Tue, 13 January 2009 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Lord_Shade wrote on Tue, 13 January 2009 14:27

I found my newest mod pack for the spells again, but no luck so far on the ghost swords. To tell the truth, I'm not even entirely sure how I did it. Embarassed I had just gotten the program and was a total noob screwing around with a program I didn't understand. I did have eight ghost swords, but I just searched everywhere I could. The entry for ghost sword quantities isn't even there. I didn't see that coming. How can I do something as a noob and once quite experienced not replicate the effects? I can probably summon ghost swords with the spell for summoning the dead, but that'd be a little less cool. The mod pack here i pretty much a combination of all the best spell modifications without being crazy enough to slow up your computer if you don't have all that great stuff on your computer. I simply don't know how the heck I managed to summon more than the normal quantity of swords. I'd screw around with the program blindly, but that's a pretty gigantic risk.

Screenshot would be nice.

Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48591 is a reply to message #48590] Tue, 13 January 2009 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, a noob certainly would know how to take screenshots. A noob would obviously know that in the future it would be awesome to know how to replicate effects. No, I don't have screenshots. That kind of came with the fact I was a noob then. Ya know? Well, I don't really need to mod the ghost swords as the summon is actually WAY easier to mod anyway. I still haven't found how to change the fireball effects, size and damage though. That's the next thing on my list, see.

Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48600 is a reply to message #48591] Wed, 14 January 2009 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Lord_Shade wrote on Tue, 13 January 2009 14:51

Yeah, a noob certainly would know how to take screenshots. A noob would obviously know that in the future it would be awesome to know how to replicate effects. No, I don't have screenshots. That kind of came with the fact I was a noob then. Ya know? Well, I don't really need to mod the ghost swords as the summon is actually WAY easier to mod anyway. I still haven't found how to change the fireball effects, size and damage though. That's the next thing on my list, see.

Press print screen in game. Done. It's saved into your documents.

So yeah, a noob would know. It says how to do it in the game.

Get some. Without getting angry at me for no justifyable reason would be nice, too.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 January 2009 08:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48618 is a reply to message #44913] Thu, 15 January 2009 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I DO know how to make screenshots. I simply had not known how to do so in the past. I'm not angry at you- far from it. I am simply speaking in an objective point of view. I had stated, and perhaps this will be more clear, that it would have been fortunate if that I had known how to create screenshots and had actually done so when I tried out my mod. At that point I had known how to create them, yet was simply too lazy to do so. Naturally, I am disappointed in myself somewhat about that experience, yet it is no large problem. It will simply remain a mystery to myself and everyone else as to how I managed to mess with ghost swords to crate such an unusual result. It does no really bother me in the slightest, actually. I have other projects to work on. I am sorry if you misunderstood myself and thought myself angry. That would be incorrect and I apologize for possibly giving the notion that I was angry. There is and was no reason to make me so. I do have screenshots from my fmp usage and am working on creating two matching folders, where every fmp is in its place and corresponds to a screenshot in another folder.

Re: Increase no. of ghost swords? [message #48620 is a reply to message #48618] Thu, 15 January 2009 03:35 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Lord_Shade wrote on Thu, 15 January 2009 05:15

It will simply remain a mystery to myself and everyone else as to how I managed to mess with ghost swords to crate such an unusual result.
Right. Rolling Eyes

Topic locked until someone is capable of satisfying the request. Whoever is able to do so, has the edit prepared, has screenshots, and has detailed information on how it was done is to PM me, at which time I'll unlock this thread so that the request may be satisfied.
Previous Topic: Stronger Jack of blades
Next Topic: soul edge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:39:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01544 seconds