Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Weapon help [and intro]
Weapon help [and intro] [message #45246] Sun, 31 August 2008 00:07 Go to next message
Acello is currently offline  Acello

Hello, i'm Ace, hopefully my stay here will be a good experience Razz

Now, onto business: I really hate joining forums to post questions, but I should really join since I come here alot anyway. Now, i've just about read up and watched everything relating to creating weapons for Fable, and I followed a video tutorial someone made where you export a sword from FE, import to 3ds max, resize your own sword you made in blender, delete template mesh, attach aug's, blah blah, export with Panda Xporter, load up in FE, change info in FE and create a fmp, aaannddd then you run Fable and your "Awesome Sword" or whatever is in the game, working 100%. The furthest i've got is either an invisible sword ingame, or a sword that my guy holds sideways/retardedly :S I follow the video 99% [I create my sword in 3ds max first, not in blender as shown in the video] and it's still no use. I dunno what i'm doing wrong. Oh, and Fable crashes most times when I load my save/walk into the area where I placed the weapon [using chocolate box.

Pl0x Help!
Re: Weapon help [and intro] [message #45262 is a reply to message #45246] Sun, 31 August 2008 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Anyone?

Kinda sucks not being able to create cutom weapons and only change the damage of already made ones.
Re: Weapon help [and intro] [message #45269 is a reply to message #45262] Sun, 31 August 2008 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

open your mesh in FE

click materials

click the text in the box on the left

put a texture id in the Main Texture Id box

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Weapon help [and intro] [message #45272 is a reply to message #45269] Sun, 31 August 2008 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I've done all that [As explained in the video tute], and my model shows up in FE all good, and I create the mod, load it up, save & run fable, quit, then my sword is there all set in FE, but when I run Fable normally and go to the area where I spawned my sword, it causes the game to crash back to my desktop. Sad

Edit: Also, is there a way to remove object/texture/game.bin entries from FE, like, to get rid of all my attempted items from the lists?

[Updated on: Sun, 31 August 2008 23:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weapon help [and intro] [message #45280 is a reply to message #45272] Mon, 01 September 2008 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

if you get CBox, you can do that

make sure the image is set to the right dds format

it needs to be DXT3 if there is alpha in the texture (if you used paint, that's a no, if you used something else that's most likely a yes)

if you got rid of the alpha though (or didn't make an alpha channel) then it needs to be DXT1

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Weapon help [and intro] [message #45296 is a reply to message #45280] Mon, 01 September 2008 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

cheers, i'll give it a tweak, see if it helps Smile
Re: Weapon help [and intro] [message #45541 is a reply to message #45246] Wed, 10 September 2008 12:40 Go to previous message
MysticCleric
And if it -is- on DXT1 make sure you set the alpha to 0 in FE's textures.big for the texture in question.

†Mystic Cleric†
Previous Topic: Mesh Previews
Next Topic: problem shortening clothes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 22:30:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01632 seconds