Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » [Request] sbs ''how to'' bow tutorial
[Request] sbs ''how to'' bow tutorial [message #45632] Thu, 18 September 2008 22:10 Go to next message
Waspp is currently offline  Waspp

Allo Very Happy
I have been making tons of melee weapons lately (yes from scratch) and got cinda bored with it.. so now i was thinking of making some neat bows Very Happy
Could someone, either link me, or wright their own step by step tutorial on how to make bows and maybe crossbows.

I dont need help with the mesh/textureing. Just how to set up the helpers right and how to make entries for em.

If you do this i promise to contribute with lots of neat bows to the page Very Happy

Thanks in advance

//Waspp

PS. dose anyone need a 3d modeler for any large-mod-project? Send me a pm and i'll link my uhmm...''cv'' Razz

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/_-Waspp-_/Wasppnews ig2-1.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 19 September 2008 01:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Request] sbs ''how to'' bow tutorial [message #45705 is a reply to message #45632] Mon, 22 September 2008 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

anyone? : <

Re: [Request] sbs ''how to'' bow tutorial [message #45715 is a reply to message #45705] Mon, 22 September 2008 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

well, you can figure out how to make the bows just by looking at the already existing bows

to make the bow, you need 3ds max 8 or 9, and you need panda exporter, and you need to rig the mesh

export a bow from FE and import it to 3ds and look at how it's set up

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: [Request] sbs ''how to'' bow tutorial [message #45744 is a reply to message #45715] Mon, 22 September 2008 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

''I dont need help with the mesh/textureing. Just how to set up the helpers right and how to make entries.''

I cinda figured the entries now, but i still need help with the helpers. When i import a bow-mesh into blender (in .x format) i can't see any helpers, just the mesh itself :<

Re: [Request] sbs ''how to'' bow tutorial [message #45752 is a reply to message #45744] Tue, 23 September 2008 04:46 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

as far as I know, you need to use 3ds max for bows

you need to rig the mesh, and unless you want to experiment with that, it has not been tested yet. I hadn't gotten to that yet, and I'm the only one who's ever gotten anything into fable from blender

have you seen my tutorial here? If this works at all, it will be the same idea, except you will need to do skin weighting

the problem is, I don't even think blender's directX supports rigged meshes, it probably get stripped of that on export, so you'd never get a bow to work unless you did it by hand (you don't want to do it by hand, that would be ridiculous and really really difficult)

but, if you want to try, it's got these:

HDMY_WEAPON_FOCUS_01 << where you hold the bow and the direction you hold it.

HDMY_COUNTER_PLACEMENT << where it's put on counters in shops

and I know there's another one, something like HDMY_CREATION_DUMMY but I don't know if that's what it actually is. Been too long.

you also need to weight the bow, so if you decide to try this, I would recommend doing a simple rig of some random mesh and try exporting it and see if the bones and weights are also exported. If they are, this could work

if they aren't, this won't work and you can forget about trying it without 3ds max

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: Please inform
Next Topic: Mod combining help? Please.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:44:21 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01171 seconds