Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Deleting Chocolatebox frommmmm a folder on the desktop
Deleting Chocolatebox frommmmm a folder on the desktop [message #45935] Fri, 03 October 2008 20:02 Go to next message
jon4029 is currently offline  jon4029
My 16 year son downloaded chocolatebox Confused and it was working great. After working with the program for awhile his experimenting went awry. We uninstalled and reloaded Fable and now Choclatebox will not work. We tried to re-unzip the file but we are told that the files already exist. I've tried to delete the chocolate box folder in explorer to no avail, and have tried deleting the folder through the command window, with out any success. The only other thing I can think of is to restart the computer and go to the command prompt before windows starts, as windows xp seems to be using the files we are trying to delete. Any suggestions? Stressed out Father. Shocked
Re: Deleting Chocolatebox frommmmm a folder on the desktop [message #45947 is a reply to message #45935] Sat, 04 October 2008 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sasuke210 is currently offline  Sasuke210

Try to delete it in safe mode. No process will run in this mode Smile.

Protect your parents !
Re: Deleting Chocolatebox frommmmm a folder on the desktop [message #45948 is a reply to message #45935] Sat, 04 October 2008 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Not true, but should work. The folder is probably locked, this would happen to me all of the time on older systems. The contents of the folder would get overwritten anyway, so it wouldn't matter. To further diminish the importance of this, I think I know what the problem is and it isn't a fault of either the utility or the game.

Click here for an explanation as to how this happens

Click here for your solutions

I apologize for the long post, I just wanted to make everything as clear as possible. If you need more information, help with anything else related to this, or if my solution doesn't work (it's all still theory), don't hesitate to let us know. Also, kudos to you sir for being knowing what your son is doing and getting involved even this much in this community. I've met many parents who could not care less about such things.
Re: Deleting Chocolatebox from a folder on the desktop [message #46152 is a reply to message #45948] Thu, 09 October 2008 06:50 Go to previous message
jon4029 is currently offline  jon4029
Thank you, I will try that. My son is pretty frustrated. He thinks computers should be easy and always work the way one wants them to. Good introduction to real life. Laughing Thank you again for your help. Robert Cool PS Thank you for the compliment.
Previous Topic: no way a noob needs help!?
Next Topic: chocolate box encountered a problem and needs to close
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:13:33 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01776 seconds