Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » A newb question.
A newb question. [message #46190] Sat, 11 October 2008 12:23 Go to next message
hellexist is currently offline  hellexist
Hello everyone,

I know that I have to use the "Search engine" of the website, and I already did, but I couldn't however find the thing that's probably the easiest and I think I'm just being dumb right now.
I'm not new to modding, nor am I good in it, have been a time since I did some modding.
Needed for this ( As far as I know )
-Fable Explorer
-Albion Explorer
-FreeRoam app (not sure whether this one is really needed)
(If this is a problem, it's Vista, yet I do have "permission" and acces to everything)

Ok, what I tried to do, was to use this mod: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=3543& ;amp ;start=0&
(The Fable Easy Trainer)
First I downloaded the Rar, I extracted the files to my desktop.
Then I opened up Fable Explorer ticked "File" -> "Load Fable Mod Package", did "Save mods and run fable".
This didn't work.

My question is: How do I implement this mod with Fable Explorer?

(Already tried multiple mods the exact same way, none of them work.)
NOTE: The game did NOT crash, nor did it gave any errors, I just could play as if it was a non-modded Fable TLC.

The Wiki is an excellent piece of work for information, only I don't think regular people who'd like some mods for that day it's easy to just implement the mods in 5 minutes or so Razz

Thanks in advance,

~HellExist

[Updated on: Sat, 11 October 2008 12:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A newb question. [message #46191 is a reply to message #46190] Sat, 11 October 2008 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
hellexist wrote on Sat, 11 October 2008 14:23

NOTE: The game did NOT crash, nor did it gave any errors, I just could play as if it was a non-modded Fable TLC.
All signs and symptoms point to Vista-related issue, especially considering that the mod has worked fine for others.
Re: A newb question. [message #46195 is a reply to message #46191] Sat, 11 October 2008 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, is the Vista the problem, would that be solved when I run the game in XP SP 2? (Properties, Compatibility - XP Service Pack 2)
Or is this because of the files with Vista?

Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Sat, 11 October 2008 13:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A newb question. [message #46196 is a reply to message #46195] Sat, 11 October 2008 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Here. Don't let the thread offend you, it was geared towards people who strongly blamed the tools, so it was written with spite.
Re: A newb question. [message #46198 is a reply to message #46196] Sat, 11 October 2008 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, thanks, I will try this as soon as possible.
Pretty weird that people dislike tools, despite the fact that tools could help them Wink.
I'll post tomorrow if it'll fix it, (23:17 The Netherlands).

Greetz
~HellExist
Re: A newb question. [message #46221 is a reply to message #46190] Sun, 12 October 2008 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, this worked, although the way it works for me is:
-Take ownership of Program Files
-Take ownership of FableTLCMod (C:Programfiles/FableTLCMod)
-Put the .fmp's in the FableTLCMod map
-Take ownership of all the .fmp's
-Execute Fable Explorer as administrator
-Load Fable Mod package
-Make sure the Fable that runs out of Fable Explorer also is executed as an administrator
-Play Fable and have fun Smile

Thanks alot, although I hope other Vista users will know how to use the tools and use the ownership stuff and sorts, because you guys do a great job on this.

Greetz

~HellExist
Re: A newb question. [message #46222 is a reply to message #46221] Sun, 12 October 2008 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Thanks for that info, and I'm glad you got it to work for you.
Re: A newb question. [message #46687 is a reply to message #46190] Tue, 28 October 2008 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
absente1 is currently offline  absente1
well heres my problem, when i try to save and run fable it says splash.exe was not found. what exacly is goin wrong.

tj f'in galloway
Re: A newb question. [message #46709 is a reply to message #46687] Tue, 28 October 2008 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
absente1 wrote on Tue, 28 October 2008 18:22

what exacly is goin wrong.
A lack of searching before asking, that's all.

Welcome to the site.
Re: A newb question. [message #46786 is a reply to message #46709] Thu, 30 October 2008 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
absente1 is currently offline  absente1
ok well i have come to find that even though for some reason it still says splash.exe not found. when i mod the game it works as i have moded it to do. but im not going to screw anything up am i.

tj f'in galloway
Re: A newb question. [message #46794 is a reply to message #46786] Thu, 30 October 2008 20:20 Go to previous message

Retired
You haven't done a good enough job of searching.

The Splash.exe not found error is expected and makes no difference to anything that you do. If it bugs you, you can grab a No-CD exe (hint: Google it) and you will no longer get the splash error.
Previous Topic: Modding
Next Topic: What I learned in my 1st week of modding (Guide)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 12:33:55 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01870 seconds