Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Fable: The Lost Pages
Fable: The Lost Pages [message #46358] Fri, 17 October 2008 08:12 Go to next message
solidsirhc is currently offline  solidsirhc
Hi, I'm Chris Smile

I am currently making a big mod for this game, and will be making many changes to the game. These changes mostly revolve around challenge, balance, and variety. Key features of this mod include:

- New enemies. With old one's being changed as well as entirely new ones being added.
- New weapons and armour. Which you can find in a variety of ways, editing a few old ones and adding new ones.
- Landscape edits. Nothing massive, just many slight modifications to existing game worlds.
- Misc. Lots of other little updates such as house prices, removal of experience orbs, edited health and mana bars, different effects for potions.
- New music. Improved music in areas that don't have suitable music. (Don't worry, all new music will sound perfect for this game, There will be no slipknot/eminem or whatever in my mod ;D)

I will be changing the game in order, so at the moment I am working on greatwood, then I will work on darkwood etc.

I can pretty much do most of what I need to do myself, but help would be greatly appreciated, and would improve the quality of this mod. These mostly include new models, weapons and armours, as well as little problems people have resolved in the past.

I will make a seperate topic for screenshots (hopefully, with a mod's permission, that only I can post in for easier browsing), where you can find visual changes to the game.

Thanks for reading, hope you keep updated on my mod as I make changes Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 17 October 2008 08:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable: The Lost Pages [message #46369 is a reply to message #46358] Fri, 17 October 2008 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

landscape edits are impossible (not quite, but we can't do it, just take my word for it), and I doubt you'll be able to change the health/mana bars (I believe it's an effect, and I don't know what the effect is, nor can I find the texture if it has one, and if it isn't an effect, I still can't find the texture so...)

other than that, I'd be putting all those in Fable: The New World if you would want to help me with that instead.

Besides, isn't there already a post about this mod anyway?

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Fable: The Lost Pages [message #46374 is a reply to message #46369] Fri, 17 October 2008 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
morerunes wrote on Fri, 17 October 2008 12:56

landscape edits are impossible (not quite, but we can't do it, just take my word for it)
Aye, the best I can do so far is spawn buildings, doors, if the Hero is inside he can't see that he's walking on air.
morerunes wrote on Fri, 17 October 2008 12:56

isn't there already a post about this mod anyway?
I smell a merge coming along.

Edit: No, I don't. Other thread locked. Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 17 October 2008 11:10]

Re: Fable: The Lost Pages [message #46375 is a reply to message #46374] Fri, 17 October 2008 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

wait, have you actually gotten a new level working?

Re: Fable: The Lost Pages [message #46376 is a reply to message #46375] Fri, 17 October 2008 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
No, it's not a duplicated map, it's an existing one, just moved.
Re: Fable: The Lost Pages [message #46385 is a reply to message #46376] Fri, 17 October 2008 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

aah, still couldn't get silvermoon working then Sad

Re: Fable: The Lost Pages [message #46422 is a reply to message #46358] Sat, 18 October 2008 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did a retexture of a balverine, and got this strange glitch where they look fine from a distance, but as they get close to the screen they get all different colours on them (they are supposed to just be black and red). Does anyone know anything about this? :S

Thanks.

Edit: A little more info on the problem:

If I have my new creature mesh use the original balverine texture ID's, it works fine. But, if I save the original textures (Balverine skin and hair files), then open them up again but with my new texture ID's, then I still get the problem in the picture, even if it's using the original textures. Is it something to do with how chocolate box exported the texture?
  • Attachment: Glitch.jpg
    (Size: 195.92KB, Downloaded 717 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 18 October 2008 18:12]

Re: Fable: The Lost Pages [message #46423 is a reply to message #46422] Sat, 18 October 2008 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Corrupted texture. Try importing it again.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 October 2008 17:42]

Re: Fable: The Lost Pages [message #46426 is a reply to message #46358] Sat, 18 October 2008 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Read my edit Razz

Edit: It's strange. No matter how I try to give my balverine an imported texture, it does that, but I've had no trouble doing the exact same thing with other creatures? =/

[Updated on: Sat, 18 October 2008 18:19]

Re: Fable: The Lost Pages [message #49748 is a reply to message #46358] Tue, 10 March 2009 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DeathTrap is currently offline  DeathTrap
I'm not sure if this is considered necroposting or not since it has been a few months for this topic but I am only trying to be helpful. Anyways, I think the problem with your balverines is that you may be making them too dark.. I had this same problem when retexturing the apprentice outfit to make it black and red.. The black was too dark and when I played it just showed a bunch of weird colors like in your screenshot. The way I fixed this was to lighten it up just a little bit.. enough to where it was still black but not too black.

I dunno how active this forum is because I haven't been here for a long time, but if you read this, hope it helps =P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Darklinkn2it/mysig.png
Re: Fable: The Lost Pages [message #49749 is a reply to message #49748] Tue, 10 March 2009 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

DeathTrap wrote on Tue, 10 March 2009 10:47

I'm not sure if this is considered necroposting or not since it has been a few months for this topic but I am only trying to be helpful. Anyways, I think the problem with your balverines is that you may be making them too dark.. I had this same problem when retexturing the apprentice outfit to make it black and red.. The black was too dark and when I played it just showed a bunch of weird colors like in your screenshot. The way I fixed this was to lighten it up just a little bit.. enough to where it was still black but not too black.

I dunno how active this forum is because I haven't been here for a long time, but if you read this, hope it helps =P

The guy doing this as far as i know is LONG gone. Darkness in the texture makes no difference, because the texture is corrupted.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Fable: The Lost Pages [message #49755 is a reply to message #46358] Tue, 10 March 2009 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DeathTrap is currently offline  DeathTrap
It does if the alpha is black and they are trying to make something black. If you make something too dark it could be mistakened as part of the alpha and causes this to happen. I had this happen to me multiple times because of alpha issues. Like if the alpha was blue and I was trying to make something blue it would have this problem but if I changed it to purple I had no problem. I can also tell you for a fact that the alpha color for the balverine skin texture is black, so if you were to try and make the skin solid black it would have this problem. But making it almost black it would be fine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Darklinkn2it/mysig.png
Re: Fable: The Lost Pages [message #49757 is a reply to message #49755] Tue, 10 March 2009 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
DeathTrap wrote on Tue, 10 March 2009 15:07

It does if the alpha is black and they are trying to make something black. If you make something too dark it could be mistakened as part of the alpha and causes this to happen. I had this happen to me multiple times because of alpha issues. Like if the alpha was blue and I was trying to make something blue it would have this problem but if I changed it to purple I had no problem. I can also tell you for a fact that the alpha color for the balverine skin texture is black, so if you were to try and make the skin solid black it would have this problem. But making it almost black it would be fine.
Alpha isn't a color, it's the amount of transparency. That's not the problem, the problem is corrupted and shoddy texture work.
Re: Fable: The Lost Pages [message #49761 is a reply to message #49755] Tue, 10 March 2009 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

DeathTrap wrote on Tue, 10 March 2009 13:07

1. We'd rather you only talked about what you 100% knew. I used to talk about what i didn't know and it got people into modding trouble.

2. It's pretty pointless giving a guy who left lessons Wink

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Fable: The Lost Pages [message #49763 is a reply to message #49761] Tue, 10 March 2009 14:29 Go to previous message

Retired
DarkenedSoul wrote on Tue, 10 March 2009 16:07

2. It's pretty pointless giving a guy who left lessons Wink
And as such, * Locked *.
Previous Topic: Barbarian Briefs .PNG
Next Topic: Sword of Leonidas Help Please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:48:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01346 seconds