Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Fable 2 Thoughts
Fable 2 Thoughts [message #46850] Sat, 01 November 2008 06:59 Go to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Here are my thoughts and observations. Smile

They removed clothing effecting armour. Instead they only deal with appearance modifiers. Which I think is a good choice.

The only penalty for death is loss of free standing experiance, and a scar. But I'm ok with that. It's handled better than the first game at least.

Leveling is much much slower.
By endgame, I had maxed out 1 1/2 spells. The Ranged and brutal styles. Gotten 4 stars out of 5 on accuracy, speed, and health. And maybe one star on strength.

Overall. The game is good.
My only complaints is lack of a sense of attachment to NPC's.

And some glitches.
After one quest Villagers gathered to praise my efforts, only to be gathered in a spot where a rather large group of hobbes spawned. That is how I lost my second wife and child...

The first died from the bandit raid on gypsy caravan.
The 3rd from story.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Fable 2 Thoughts [message #46854 is a reply to message #46850] Sat, 01 November 2008 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
BlueTooth wrote on Sat, 01 November 2008 08:59

That is how I lost my second wife and child...

The first died from the bandit raid on gypsy caravan.
The 3rd from story.
Sometimes it's just not meant to be. Smile
Agreed on the armor bit. Fable:TLC was cheapened, in my opinion, with armors that gave too high a defense, there's no use for rolling, blocking and dodging if you can simply tank the damage and chug a few potions to get yourself ready for the next round.
And I suppose the death system is better than being resurrected or returning to your most recent save.
I don't really know how I feel about the leveling system, I think with that one I'll have to play the game to find out for sure.

These are just thoughts, not observations, I don't have the game. Razz
Re: Fable 2 Thoughts [message #47669 is a reply to message #46850] Sun, 30 November 2008 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nInEtAiL is currently offline  nInEtAiL
Peter promised us the best RPG game ever made.
What a joke that was.

Some of the good things in this game are the fact that no clothing's have protection ratings. Though, In fable 1. Everyone that was a Warrior was pretty much forced to wear Plate armor because it was the best. In Fable 2, Its sort of the same thing.
Everything is based off of looks and your pretty much forced to wear the most expensive types of clothing because everyone likes it.
Some of the bad things are the fact that i found myself doing the same Combat tricks over and over again, It got pretty annoying. The lack of money, The game forces you to get a job to get money.

But the 3 things i hated the most about Fable 2.

1: All the Mini quests are the "EXACT SAME". I hate doing fetch quest's. If i wanted to do the same quests over and over id sign back up for World of Warcraft.

2: The stupid dog, Every other second hes barking about treasure or a dig spot, It gets on my freak'n nerves because the things in the chest are total "H-I-T-S".

3: The thing i hated the most, The main story line. I mean, Its not a challenge. When the ghost asks you to give a letter to his wife, But she needed to fall in love with you first. I didn't have to do anything. I jest walked up to her, And instantly she fell in love with me. Then later, I spend the like half an hour trying to get the chick to screw me so we could have kids. Not only that, But later in the game. They get killed.

So, I ended the game with the 1,000,000 gold ending.

He Finds You When Your Sleeping And When The Daylight Fades.
Re: Fable 2 Thoughts [message #47672 is a reply to message #46850] Sun, 30 November 2008 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NightmareMaker is currently offline  NightmareMaker

Call me a Fanboy, but I really liked the game.
I mean, the game system changed a lot since Fable TLC, and I believe that it changed for the better.

Topics that I would like to discuss:
1. Bugs
2. Clothing
3. Fighting Styles

1. There are LOTS of bugs in this game. Yes, LOTS of them. Some happen in every game, some happen in few. Like, the bug that totally crashes your savegame (that happens when you leave the Temple of Light area in the middle of the conversation with the Abbot in the "Hero of Strength" quest). This one is pretty annoying, and it happened to me. But I easily got to that point again with another save game, so, no big loss.

2. The fact that there are no armors in the game annoyed me at first, but when I saw the clothings available for sale, I forgot about the armor, because they were SO beautiful, and the Dye system is very "new". I never saw a instant-recolor system in any other game. Also, it makes it easier for everybody, since you don't stop roleplaying. I mean, in Fable TLC: "I want to be an "good" archer. So I can't wear assassin's clothes. Neither heavy armors, since archers wear light armors. But Leather armors have practically no protection, so WHAT NOW? D:"

3. I liked Fable II's fighting styles. I played using all 3 classes, and the game works well and equally with all of them. My personal favorite was Will, because I love the new Magic casting system.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8827/signfighter8559026437ia.gif
*click to see my gallery* (or else die painfully)
Re: Fable 2 Thoughts [message #47682 is a reply to message #46850] Mon, 01 December 2008 05:39 Go to previous message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Getting rid or armour was a good thing. It never made a massive difference, and since it's one pointless thing out the window, can't complain.

But the bugs in this game ruin it. Your family glitches up, i never knew about the temple of light one. There are so many.

I prefered the lost chapters, no question.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Previous Topic: Cant enter guild anymore
Next Topic: Fable 2 for PC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:09:48 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01292 seconds