Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Hero characteristics...
icon5.gif  Hero characteristics... [message #46853] Sat, 01 November 2008 09:34 Go to next message
Jasmer is currently offline  Jasmer
Okay, I'm actually pretty confused on how to do all this. I've searched and read up on this and tried several methods that either don't work or only partly work. I've tried using Fable Explorer and B-Morph but I'm fairly certain I'm doing it wrong. I will go so far as to say that judging by overall mechanics and ease of use, I'm looking to take care of the bone editing in B-Morph.

While I'd like my hero to be unique and special like he's intended to be, being so obnoxiously bulky that he can't even bend over to tie his boots is extremely irritating. Conversely, when I first start out from the Guild my hero has a disturbingly emaciated appearance with his whacky, lanky weight/height ratio. How he went from the toned look of his teen years to the gangly thing he is now is a medical mystery as far as I'm concerned. Basically, I'd like to know what values will ultimately leave my maxed out hero with a pleasantly muscular appearance while still retaining the ability to turn his head, lift his arms up past his shoulders, and tie his shoes. What files in B-Morph do I need to edit to keep him from looking like a caucasion Incredible Hulk? Which bones and values do I need to tone down, and how much should I lower them? This also applies to the ridiculous height that maxed out Skill gives. I'd like to tone that down a smidge as well.

I'd also like to eliminate some of the alignment-based physical changes. The horns and balding when I play evil just doesn't work for me. Tinkering around in Fable Explorer successfully rid me of flies, halos, and magical sunbeams of warmth and goodness, but I'm still stuck with will tattoos, glowing hands, premature balding, and horns, each depending on my alignment, of course.

I'm going to start with a fresh install of the game, seeing as I've reformatted since my last attempt to get Fable TLC to not work as intended, and am kind of blonde, so if anybody could pretty please give me somewhat detailed instructions to tone down the "OH GOD MY EYES THE GOGGLES THEY DO NOTHING" factor of my Hero I would be much appreciative. Thanks!

[Updated on: Sat, 01 November 2008 09:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hero characteristics... [message #46859 is a reply to message #46853] Sat, 01 November 2008 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Jasmer wrote on Sat, 01 November 2008 11:34

I'd like to know what values will ultimately leave my maxed out hero with a pleasantly muscular appearance while still retaining the ability to turn his head, lift his arms up past his shoulders, and tie his shoes.
You could use B-Morph, I suppose. You'd want to make bone the Hero tall bone file and the Hero strong bone file a list of 1s. The Hero is actually a decent, average size, his bones make him look the starving kid/hulkinator. What I would do instead is simply delete the bone morphing in the CHeroMorphDef, no bone morphing means no skinny/fat/berserk/superman sizes, just medium.
Jasmer wrote on Sat, 01 November 2008 11:34

I'd also like to eliminate some of the alignment-based physical changes.
Tattoos, I think you are referring to the blue markings gained from will. That's not an alignment thing, but it can be taken care of just as easily. CHeroMorphDef, all the way. Anything labeled evil, good, light, dark, tan, antitan, will, bright, bad, whatever, these will all be textures in the CHeroMorphDef, where you got rid of the butterflies and magical sunbeams and etc. and so on. Horns and hair are a different and stupidly irritating matter. You'll have to go through each hair style, open up its CAppearanceModifierDef, and delete the entries in the array that indicate which model to use for what alignment rank. Do the same with the horns and you're done.

If you want to keep the age morphing, be careful not to get rid of that in the CHeroMorphDef textures, otherwise, go trigger happy with that Del button.

Additional note: The stuff that I quoted, that's all you had to say. Razz
Re: Hero characteristics... [message #46863 is a reply to message #46853] Sat, 01 November 2008 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe you're my hero.

So no bone morphing = medium sized. Is that the size you are before you leave the guild hall? If that's the case I'd actually like to keep morphing as I'd like to grow a little taller and bulkier than that as I gain experience. If I delete the bone morphing, though, to try it out, is there a way to get it back if I don't like it?
Re: Hero characteristics... [message #46865 is a reply to message #46863] Sat, 01 November 2008 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Jasmer wrote on Sat, 01 November 2008 13:19

So no bone morphing = medium sized. Is that the size you are before you leave the guild hall?
Nope. It's the actual size of the Hero model, which is exactly what I mean by medium size, between pathetic wimp and terminator.

Jasmer wrote on Sat, 01 November 2008 13:19

If I delete the bone morphing, though, to try it out, is there a way to get it back if I don't like it?
Yes, keep backups. This is often a lesson learned the hard way. Either make an fmp of the CHeroMorphDef in it's original state or just make a copy of the game.bin. Doing so will allow you to easily restore the data without having to go through too much trouble.
Re: Hero characteristics... [message #46888 is a reply to message #46853] Sat, 01 November 2008 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot! You've been a big help! It took me a little while to figure out how to save my changes and make them show up in-game, but they all work. I've kept the evil eyes and the alignment auras in general, though I may tone the red eye glow down a bit. Other than that, my Hero's no longer an eyesore! No horns, no balding, very nice!

He has a kind of big head, though. Is there a way to shrink it a little bit so it's more proportionate to his body?
Re: Hero characteristics... [message #46891 is a reply to message #46888] Sat, 01 November 2008 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

If you open B-Morph, all the values are already set to 1, so if you set some of the head parts smaller, 0.9 for example, then the head would be smaller, and everything else, still being 1.0, would look the same. However, you would need to add the bones back to CHeroMorphDef.

Also, for JohnDoe, any bones not listed are assumed to be 1's, so all you'd need is a blank bones file.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Hero characteristics... [message #46903 is a reply to message #46891] Sun, 02 November 2008 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Jasmer wrote on Sat, 01 November 2008 21:25

Is there a way to shrink it a little bit so it's more proportionate to his body?
Nothing about the Hero is proportionate. Razz
morerunes wrote on Sat, 01 November 2008 23:23

Also, for JohnDoe, any bones not listed are assumed to be 1's, so all you'd need is a blank bones file.
Does B-Morph export a list of 1s or a blank file? I only said that because Jasmer mentioned B-Morph. Smile
Re: Hero characteristics... [message #46916 is a reply to message #46903] Sun, 02 November 2008 06:17 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

it exports 1's, but I was just letting you know that you could make a blank one except for the head without b-morph

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: Changing NPC Mesh & Voice Help!!!
Next Topic: Problem involving alignment, age and balding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 06:31:28 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00925 seconds