Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Problem involving alignment, age and balding
Problem involving alignment, age and balding [message #46791] Thu, 30 October 2008 19:50 Go to next message
cdgfx84 is currently offline  cdgfx84
I used the fmp download to remove the age effect and also made the max age a huge number and it worked at first until after i finished the arena quest after the quest complete my hair was grey and thinning i checked the morphs and the one containing "old" in them are not there can anyone help
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #46796 is a reply to message #46791] Thu, 30 October 2008 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
A lot of people confuse blond for gray. If you spared Whisper, there's a chance that you are becoming a "good" guy rather than an "old" guy.

Also, setting the MaxAge to a higher number slows down morphing, the higher the number, the slower the morphing (and 100% age morphing cannot be accomplished) but deleting the array entries that would have the Hero start to gray up would make morphing impossible to begin with.
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #46798 is a reply to message #46796] Thu, 30 October 2008 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did spare whisper but my bar was almost all the way evil and the top of his head was starting to go bald but in the process of trying fix things i screwed something up because I couldnt load my save
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #46799 is a reply to message #46798] Thu, 30 October 2008 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Then it's not age. It's evil textures taking place.
Clothing doesn't change the base alignment, but adds to it, so if you wear the dark plate suit, it will make it seem that you are "eviler" than you really are, which is why you are only balding and not growing horns.

As for what you broke, details are needed or I can't help you.
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #46801 is a reply to message #46799] Thu, 30 October 2008 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just started a new game but it wasnt due to the evil side about the balding i was usin a no balding mod for the evil side it was balding on the top of his head not the front like how it does norm on evil with horns
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #46802 is a reply to message #46801] Thu, 30 October 2008 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Age doesn't cause balding. I'm in no mood to grab a screenshot from the game, but just take my word for it, unless you used a mod that would make it otherwise, only evil causes balding.
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #46836 is a reply to message #46802] Fri, 31 October 2008 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got back close to where I was before in my new game. You said being evil causes the balding to occur, I took a screenshot, I'm good on this save, so can you tell me why he is balding on part of his head?
Picture.

I didn't use punctuation so it was done for me.

[Updated on: Fri, 31 October 2008 22:54] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #46837 is a reply to message #46836] Fri, 31 October 2008 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
You're wearing bright/light/good clothing. This throws off what your base alignment is. Disrobe.
If you have tattoos that increase/decrease alignment, remove them.
This will give you an accurate reading on your actual alignment.

Alignment morphing is solely based on base alignment, meaning you can use clothing and tattoos to make yourself a sparkling example of goodness and still be evil.
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #46839 is a reply to message #46837] Fri, 31 October 2008 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
took off all clothes and tats the good bar is halfway filled it only does it with that young style hair though
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #46840 is a reply to message #46839] Sat, 01 November 2008 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Then it's a problem with the young hair style itself, specifically with it's CAppearanceModifierDef.
See if you can't fix it manually by comparing it's CAppearanceModifierDef with one from another hair style.
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #46846 is a reply to message #46791] Sat, 01 November 2008 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dnt see anything wrong with it i compared it to short hair which works fine the numbers are the same besides the model id numbers
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #46857 is a reply to message #46846] Sat, 01 November 2008 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
There's something wrong on your end then.
If the CAppearanceModifierDef of that particular hair style is the same as those of other hair styles (minus the models used, of course), then the textures for all of that styles' models have been replaced with the balding texture, or you're evil, or for whatever reason there is evil balding hair textures in your CHeroMorphDef set to morph when you are good, or perhaps you used a mod that makes age or will cause balding rather than being evil, or etc. and so on. There is something wrong, because in unmodified gameplay, age doesn't cause balding, and certainly not for just a single style.
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #46905 is a reply to message #46791] Sun, 02 November 2008 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I can't figure out what the problem is. The hair looks the same, it doesn't matter if I'm good or evil. The only alignment mods I have used is no balding for evil so that the hair goes over the horns, but I'm tired of screwing with the thing so I'll just keep him bald. Also, it's not just the young hair. I was playing earlier, and after I do the Fire Heart quest and get on the ship, I have hair and a long beard. I think it's the normal hair, but it's doing the same thing as the young hair.

I wrote my post in a piss-poor manner, so it was edited to include punctuation, to correct spelling, and to make some sense out of it.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 November 2008 04:17] by Moderator

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #46909 is a reply to message #46905] Sun, 02 November 2008 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
cdgfx84 wrote on Sun, 02 November 2008 03:20

The only alignment mods I have used is no balding for evil
This is one of those things that you're supposed to include when first presenting your problem.
cdgfx84 wrote on Sun, 02 November 2008 03:20

after I do the Fire Heart quest and get on the ship, I have hair and a long beard. I think it's the normal hair, but it's doing the same thing as the young hair.
Yea, the hair changing is part of the quest, but the reason you think the hair is doing the same thing is because it's the young hair that you get from it.

Again, there's a problem on your end. It could be that you used conflicting mods, made haphazard edits, whatever.
Here's what you can do:
Grab a clean, unedited, original game.bin from your discs.
Open this game.bin with FE.
In the unmodified game.bin, open the CAppearanceModifierDef for the young hair style and export the data entry.
Close the unmodified game.bin.
Go to the other, modified game.bin and open the CAppearanceModifierDef for the young hair style and import the data entry you exported from the unmodified game.bin.
Now, to forever prevent balding with this hair style, delete the balding models from the array.

I'm done.
Re: Problem involving alignment, age and balding [message #46911 is a reply to message #46791] Sun, 02 November 2008 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jasmer is currently offline  Jasmer
Oooh this is something I never did so I'm going to ask before I do. Razz I changed my alignment fully to evil and reloaded my game and didn't notice any horns or balding, but I want to make sure it's not possible.

So, to do this do I go down to the OBJECT menu and find the hairstyles under there and delete the CAppearanceModifierDef entry? If so, does this stop it from turning blonde as you become more Good, as well? Or can I go to CHeroMorphDef and just delete the BALD entries for all hair? Doing that instead would allow my hair to turn blonde but make it incapable of morphing to bald if I'm evil, correct?

[Edit] I have a No Baldness.fmp that I got off these forums so it really shouldn't ever be an issue but I'd still like to know how to do it on my own all the same. Smile

Also, I haven't actually sat down and played Fable in some time, but I believe the Young hairstyle kind of had a tendancy to look goofy as your alignment goes further down the good and/or old side. The screenshot isn't a particularly good representation as the hair is graying either because of age or because you're partway down the Good alignment and it's turning blonde. The hair mesh was never done particularly well in the first place but its flaws aren't as noticeable when it's black. Balding in Fable comes in the form of a receding hairline anyway, starting in front and working its way back to make way for the horns.

index.php?t=getfile&id=7036&private=0

Here's the hairstyle on a child, for example. No alignment or age modifiers. Under bright light you can get a better idea of how the young hair mesh looks and why, as the hair lightens some, it becomes more noticeable.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 November 2008 04:57]

Re: Problem involving alignment, age and balding [message #46912 is a reply to message #46911] Sun, 02 November 2008 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will try that hopefully it works and I did say I was using a no balding mod a couple of posts back
Re: Problem involving alignment, age and balding [message #46923 is a reply to message #46912] Sun, 02 November 2008 06:49 Go to previous message

Retired
Jasmer
cdgfx84 wrote on Sun, 02 November 2008 06:47

I will try that hopefully it works and I did say I was using a no balding mod a couple of posts back
Ah, this is true, but I try to skim through hoards of words with no punctuation, so I missed it.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 November 2008 12:09]

Previous Topic: Hero characteristics...
Next Topic: Whisper
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:27:23 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01218 seconds