Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Changing Enterence/Exit Points
Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47112] Mon, 10 November 2008 12:34 Go to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

I searched and searched and couldn't find it, so i've reduced myself to asking.

After i downloaded a mod from morerunes i've always wanted to change the enterance and exit points to other places. I was wondering how to do this.

Do you know where theres a tutorial or readme or could you tell me how to do it? I'd gladly appreciate it.

(The reason i want to know is i'm planning a mod package where i push all of the enterence points back to as fas as they can go down the path, and merging it with MoreRune's "Fable Bare release" (With his permission of course))

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 10 November 2008 12:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47127 is a reply to message #47112] Tue, 11 November 2008 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
IF YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO send a PM to Marcopolo as i believe this is .tng editing in which he is a pro

however if you don't need it that bad please don't send Marcopolo a PM for his time is very valuable and should not be wasted

ALSO: don't wake the rhino or he'll start abusing me again

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png

[Updated on: Thu, 20 November 2008 08:22] by Moderator

Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47139 is a reply to message #47112] Tue, 11 November 2008 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
You can't edit region entrance points. Exit points, yes, just not entry points. You'd have to make new entry points, throw the new UIDs in the existing exit points. The new entry points would have to be in the same tng as the exit points, and the coordinates of the entry point have to compensate for the difference between the two maps.

You don't really need to ring Marcopolo for this, you just need to know how to set up a teleporter.
Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47182 is a reply to message #47139] Wed, 12 November 2008 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

yes you can, you just need to change

UseCompiledGlobalThings TRUE;
to
UseCompiledGlobalThings FALSE;

in UserST.ini

and then rename FinalAlbion.gtg to anything else

after that you can just move the exit and entrance points (and I suppose the hero markers too), and the changes should take effect in game.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Wed, 12 November 2008 21:02]

Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47185 is a reply to message #47182] Wed, 12 November 2008 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
morerunes wrote on Wed, 12 November 2008 23:01

after that you can just move the exit and entrance points
From where? Razz
I've not found anything that had the same UID as the EntranceConnectedToUIDs listed in the game. Not in any of the tngs or in the gtg.
Exit points, sure, but the exact entrance points I just can't find anywhere. I know there are some in the tngs, but these don't have the UIDs that the exit points link to, so my guess is that moving the entrance points won't change where the Hero teleports to using the exit points, if that makes any sense.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 November 2008 21:12]

Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47186 is a reply to message #47185] Wed, 12 November 2008 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

from the map

exit from lookout point to picnic area goes to the entrance in the picnic area (dispite mis-matched uids, I know it doesn't make sense, but as far as I've seen, it works)

Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47187 is a reply to message #47186] Wed, 12 November 2008 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
morerunes wrote on Wed, 12 November 2008 23:10

(dispite mis-matched uids, I know it doesn't make sense, but as far as I've seen, it works)
Always a step ahead. Razz
I wish Lionhead made it make sense, it'd be easier to work with. Thanks for the info. Smile
Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47188 is a reply to message #47187] Wed, 12 November 2008 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

no problem

Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47190 is a reply to message #47188] Thu, 13 November 2008 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

So what software should i use? There isn't anything in Albion Explorer remotely similar to any enterance or exit point.

What should i use?

And whilst your replying to this thread morerunes, could i have permission to use your "Fable: Bare" as a base to my own mod?

You'll get most of the credit since you did some amazing work.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 November 2008 14:48]

Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47198 is a reply to message #47190] Thu, 13 November 2008 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
DarkenedSoul wrote on Thu, 13 November 2008 16:47

So what software should i use? There isn't anything in Albion Explorer remotely similar to any enterance or exit point.

What should i use?
You can use AE/CBox. If you're going to use AE, I think the entrance/exit points are thing or marker entries, so make sure AE shows these (it filters some stuff out). Then just move them as you please.

Not sure on this, but I think to see the changes in-game, you'll need to start a new save, or do it on points you haven't been to yet.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 November 2008 15:20]

Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47213 is a reply to message #47198] Fri, 14 November 2008 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

AE doesn't show them. Is there any way to make it so it doesn't filter things out?

Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47217 is a reply to message #47213] Fri, 14 November 2008 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
and now back to the subject of how can i edit something thats invisible (for me it was helpers and i still dont know Laughing )

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png
Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47239 is a reply to message #47217] Fri, 14 November 2008 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

if you find it in the list of objects in AE, you'll see it pop up on the map for you to move

and yes, feel free to use fable bare ^_^
just remember that the boxes are missing from orchard farm, and you'll want to put those back

hmm... I should really fix that mod

Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47271 is a reply to message #47239] Sat, 15 November 2008 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

morerunes wrote on Fri, 14 November 2008 17:35

if you find it in the list of objects in AE, you'll see it pop up on the map for you to move

and yes, feel free to use fable bare ^_^
just remember that the boxes are missing from orchard farm, and you'll want to put those back

hmm... I should really fix that mod

Don't worry, i'll just the original tng and lev and just edit it for myself.

And thanks a bunch!

EDIT: Since i am not that good, i thought i'd just find the objects myself. BUt i don't know how to add objects to a quest. As in all the objects in the ProtectFarm_evil and ProtectFarm. I'm stuck Sad

Edit 2: I found the enterence point object. But however hard i try it won't let me move them O.O

[Updated on: Sat, 15 November 2008 12:26]

Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47284 is a reply to message #47112] Sat, 15 November 2008 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Woot! Because i'm cool, i did MoreRunes a favour.

I completely redone Orchard Farm myself with working everything

THeres 1 wall left, but i thought it looked good there so i left it.

I didn't know which orchard farm files to upload so i uploaded all of the files orchard farm related.

Here you go.

Although i hope you answer my questions on how to move transition points because when i click to drag them they disappear.

EDIT: I found out how to move them myself! Yu may as well lock this thread JohnDoe, if it would please you. Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 15 November 2008 15:55]

Re: Changing Enterence/Exit Points [message #47286 is a reply to message #47284] Sat, 15 November 2008 16:32 Go to previous message

Administrator

thank you ^_^

I'll credit you and post it as a temporary fix

[Updated on: Sat, 15 November 2008 16:32]

Previous Topic: I wonder if someone could try this?
Next Topic: (request) Maze suit and others
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:45:22 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01565 seconds