Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Fable Explorer Doesn't Work!!
icon4.gif  Fable Explorer Doesn't Work!! [message #47121] Tue, 11 November 2008 07:12 Go to next message
Ragnorik
Ok, so whats happening is FE will start up and just sit there on the laoding screen, u kno the 1 with the making our own destiny, anyway i've tried pushing enter and continuing but nothing pops up though i can exit it normally. Also its only doing this on my user, it works fine on the other user. The very last and strangest thing is every time i open the one on my user i can't run fable any more, it just closes the entire game after showing those first 3 cinemacs at the beging right before picking ur profile. i have to uninstall everything fable leaving no traces what so ever and then reinstall it to get it to work, real big problems right? Does any1 kno how to fix these problems or at least can some1 point me in the right direction?

[Updated on: Tue, 11 November 2008 07:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer Doesn't Work!! [message #47260 is a reply to message #47121] Sat, 15 November 2008 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

You don't need to "install" it.

And it should work.

Have you installed your fable game files like this?:

local disc/program files/microsoft games/ fable the lost chapters?

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Fable Explorer Doesn't Work!! [message #47311 is a reply to message #47260] Mon, 17 November 2008 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnorik
Well actually i was talking about uninstalling and reinstalling the game Fable TLC and Yeah i checked and thats where its installed, local disc/program files/microsoft games/ fable the lost chapters.

You respect me and i'll respect you, hurt me, fuck with me, or ignore me and your dead.

Re: Fable Explorer Doesn't Work!! [message #47840 is a reply to message #47121] Tue, 09 December 2008 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Sounds strange

Do you have the latest version?

Check the Tools thread to get the latest one.

But unless you give more information on the matter, theres not much i can do. Post in the official Fable Explorer thread.

As an alternative, get Chocolate Box. It combines Fable Explorer and Albion Explorer. It's great!

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Fable Explorer Doesn't Work!! [message #47868 is a reply to message #47840] Wed, 10 December 2008 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
if i had a cookie for everytime I saw
Quote:

Fable Explorer Doesn't Work!!

I'd have F@#$ING DROWNED IN THEM BY NOW!!!!
You seem to be doing a good job here darkened souls so I'll leave it to you and just say a few things
WIKI
SEARCH
README
COMMON SENSE
Edit:sorry I'm on edge today and we get at least 40 of these a day
Edit2:Also sounds to me like either:
A. A bad install of Fable
B.You have a virus on your account
C.vista error
D.user error
E.Fable explorer downloaded incorrectly so try redownloading it
F.You have either a guest or a kid's account. You need an account with administrative priviledges

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png

[Updated on: Wed, 10 December 2008 11:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer Doesn't Work!! [message #47882 is a reply to message #47121] Wed, 10 December 2008 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Ragnorik wrote on Tue, 11 November 2008 09:12

Ok, so whats happening is FE will start up and just sit there on the laoding screen, u kno the 1 with the making our own destiny, anyway i've tried pushing enter and continuing but nothing pops up though i can exit it normally.
Is there anything in the top left panel? Do you see a list of files? Like game.bin, names.bin, etc.? If not, it's a permissions issue. If you want to use FE on that account, install outside of Program Files, try installing in C:\Documents and Settings\Ragnorik (or whatever)\Phabel (or whatever)\.

Also its only doing this on my user, it works fine on the other user.
Mmm, yea. Permissions issue.

The very last and strangest thing is every time i open the one on my user i can't run fable any more, it just closes the entire game after showing those first 3 cinemacs at the beging right before picking ur profile.
That sounds like you're breaking it through some shitty game.bin edit. What modifications are you making?

i have to uninstall everything fable leaving no traces what so ever and then reinstall it to get it to work, real big problems right?
If the crashes are from making modifications, you could grab copies of the files off of the discs. Easier than a reinstall. Depending on the edits, you don't need to toss your gamesaves either.

Does any1 kno how to fix these problems or at least can some1 point me in the right direction?
See how well this gets you going, come back if it doesn't work.
icon7.gif  Re: Fable Explorer Doesn't Work!! [message #47941 is a reply to message #47121] Sun, 14 December 2008 11:50 Go to previous message
Ragnorik
OK thnx all for the help, i had to mess with this damn thing for hours before i got it working right. i figured my user couldn't install anything and the other user was having problems with fable explorer using mods from game.bin and the scripts, all i was doing is beefing up my character and the enemies and bosses. So after gatting rid of everything fable on my computer i made my user a computer admin. and installed FE again and had to custom install Fable TLC to make sure everything went to the local dis/programs files, for some reason fable was installing parts of it everwhere like the meshes and textures were placed in the documents and the external hard drive and a bunch of other crap, but my point is i got everything working so thnx to u all for ur ideas, i checked out alot of the problems u told me to look for and that helped me find all the problems so thank you all! (too much aint it?)

You respect me and i'll respect you, hurt me, fuck with me, or ignore me and your dead.

Previous Topic: Problem with Albion explorer?
Next Topic: Help with chocolate box....?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:12:35 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01347 seconds