Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Aging Rate
Aging Rate [message #47413] Thu, 20 November 2008 16:40 Go to next message
Wampaknight is currently offline  Wampaknight
I realize that questions about the aging system are perhaps too common here, so I'll try to make this a short question. I'm trying to alter the rate at which your character gains age from using experience (the 0.7 years per stat is too high for my likings). I have FE, and I'm fairly confident that the def. I'm looking for is in DEFAULT_GLOBAL_DEFS... unfortunately for me all the defs. come up as their number, but labeled unknown. I'm reluctant to use trial and error, so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Re: Aging Rate [message #47414 is a reply to message #47413] Thu, 20 November 2008 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Here you go. Couple with MinAge and MaxAge edits in HERO_STATS for full effect (if you age 20 years per stat, you still cap at 65 unless MaxAge is changed).

Welcome to the site.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 November 2008 17:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Aging Rate [message #47415 is a reply to message #47413] Thu, 20 November 2008 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wampaknight is currently offline  Wampaknight
Thanks, I've been looking all over the site for that. Three days and I still missed it.
Re: Aging Rate [message #47438 is a reply to message #47413] Fri, 21 November 2008 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dustinpen is currently offline  dustinpen

At the risk of getting thrashed for excessive egghead-ism...

Some fun little facts to consider: there are 121 stat points that you can purchase in Fable (21 in Strength, 21 in Skill and 79 in Will). If you reduce the Age per Stat Increase value without tweaking max age, its entirely possible to max out the Hero without reaching that max age (and thus the full Age Morph effects).

This can be an effective way to keep your Hero from "Growing too Old" if you so choose; for those interested in keeping things so that your Hero still reaches the maximum Age Morphing, you'll need to adjust the Maximum Age value of the Hero--making decreases for reduced Age per stat rate and increases for higher Age per stat rates.

For Convenience, I've given a breakdown of the math (pretty simple, really) as well as some relevant comapred values.

Max Age for Full Aging Morphing = 121 * Age per Stat Increase <ApSI>

-At ApSI 1, Max Morphing is suggested at 121
-At ApSI 0.7 (default), Max Morphing is suggested at 84~85
-At ApSI 0.5 (a conceptual 6 months), Max Morphing is suggested at 60~61
-At ApSI 0.3 (a conceptual school quarter), Max Morphing is suggested at 36 (Really Young, IMHO.)

Anyhoo, if nothing else I hope the above provides some interesting food for thought. Smile

"There is no great genius without some degree of madness"

--Seneca, mid 1st Century A.D. Roman Philosopher.
Re: Aging Rate [message #47442 is a reply to message #47438] Fri, 21 November 2008 19:51 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
That's not eggheaded at all. It's basic math that would be really useful when changing MinAge/MaxAge and age increase rate. I just wish more people were interested in all of that instead of simply making the Hero forever young.
Previous Topic: This is how you make your hero walk like a normal person.
Next Topic: Attack Style
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:06:29 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01371 seconds