Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Help with chocolate box....?
Help with chocolate box....? [message #47418] Thu, 20 November 2008 22:01 Go to next message
Delibirate is currently offline  Delibirate

I need help chest spawning. I did as morerunes said "click on your chest, click on the + next to CTCChest, and click "add". Then click the + that appears, and either type the name of the object, or click the three dots to search for an object." but when I open the chest in-game it crashes, I really thought it would worked I even tried it with items that werent customized to see if it'll work but still nothing :\

Re: Help with chocolate box....? [message #47419 is a reply to message #47418] Thu, 20 November 2008 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Delibirate wrote on Fri, 21 November 2008 00:01

but when I open the chest in-game it crashes
This means whatever is in the chest is causing the crash, not the script.
Delibirate wrote on Fri, 21 November 2008 00:01

I even tried it with items that werent customized to see if it'll work but still nothing :\
This can be possible if you saved after having been to the region where the chest is without opening it while it has the faulty items. Reason being that if you had done so, the contents of the chest are saved and can't be changed without changing the UID, but even then the faulty chest is still there.

So, find the faulty item, list the objects you have in the chest before trying original items, better yet, list the mods you used, specifically those that add content like new clothing/weapons/items. Fix the problem with the faulty item (usually a very easy thing to do). Then try opening the chest. If it still doesn't work, you didn't fix the problem (or there's more than one).
Re: Help with chocolate box....? [message #47434 is a reply to message #47419] Fri, 21 November 2008 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Delibirate is currently offline  Delibirate

Thanks, but I don't wanna change the subject but what does

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory.This often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at FableMod.Gfx.Device.ClearBuffers(Device* ,UInt32)
at FableMod.Gfx.Intergration.GfxView.Render()

this thing only popped up twice yesterday so I didn't think of it much but now it's popping almost every time I delete an item. I don't remember doing anything to cause this, all I've been doing since I started cbox was spawning monsters and teleporters. The mosters were lagging me so I decided to delete then but then that thing kept popping out.

oh but before the message above it shows this one first:

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory.This often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at FableMod.Gfx.Camera.RenderScene(Camera* ,Spatial*)
at FableMod.Gfx.Intergration.GfxView.Render()

Edit: oh nvm I found a post about it maybe it can help

[Updated on: Fri, 21 November 2008 17:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help with chocolate box....? [message #47955 is a reply to message #47434] Mon, 15 December 2008 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
1.) your save is corrupt
2.)the memory is in a protected file(a-doyeee)

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png
Re: Help with chocolate box....? [message #47958 is a reply to message #47955] Mon, 15 December 2008 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
NEOCHIKEN wrote on Mon, 15 December 2008 13:59

1.) your save is corrupt
Neither. The save wouldn't make a difference in CBox. It's a bug in the app that happens now and then when deleting stuff.

I thought most of that was resolved though.
Re: Help with chocolate box....? [message #48026 is a reply to message #47958] Mon, 22 December 2008 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fritske is currently offline  fritske
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 15 December 2008 12:20

NEOCHIKEN wrote on Mon, 15 December 2008 13:59

1.) your save is corrupt
Neither. The save wouldn't make a difference in CBox. It's a bug in the app that happens now and then when deleting stuff.

I thought most of that was resolved though.

im experimenting with modding and i have this error allot (especcially with region editor)
Re: Help with chocolate box....? [message #48029 is a reply to message #47418] Mon, 22 December 2008 12:48 Go to previous message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Yes i get this error often. A tonne of windows spawn as a result then i have to close without saving.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Previous Topic: Fable Explorer Doesn't Work!!
Next Topic: Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:00:48 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01431 seconds